• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
8 hours of work, then home to fire this baby up. I'm gonna get real good at this, I can feel it. ;) I love games that rely on pure skill and practice rather than grinding for upgrades. Trials has been my favorite such skill-based game up until now, maybe this can take that crown.

we twins?
ive played trials like mad over the last year. its by far my most played game.
Didnt we also talk in the olliolli OT?

I love the OT title. It's perfect <3

OT 2 has to have "SocCar" in there somewhere :p

By the way, for the next map, I hope they either do Galleon (pirate ship with awesome ramps) or Utopia (circular map with connected red/blue goals!). Those looked awesome

Noaloha

From those who are familiar with the game, any general 'good practice' tips, or the inverse, bad habits to avoid getting into? Even stuff like etiquette. And talk to me about the camera mode, should we be using both, or is one considered 'bad' or?

From those who are familiar with the game, any general 'good practice' tips, or the inverse, bad habits to avoid getting into? Even stuff like etiquette. And talk to me about the camera mode, should we be using both, or is one considered 'bad' or?

Flip between ballcam often. You generally want it off when you're lining up a shot, and on at other times (at least that's what I do; everyone is different). When you spawn in the goal, never go for the ball. You won't get there first if everyone else spawns at the corners. Stay in goal instead until the game develops.

My channel are making a tutorial video. I'll share on here when it's done if people want.

1) Use ball cam almost all the time. The default view just makes it difficult to see the ball. There are a ton of camera options too, even FoV, so you may mess around a bit

2) The one no-no is touching the ball when it's already going in, when there is no threat of being stopped. Whoever touches the ball last gets the point, so if someone else gets the clear goal, and you come up and snatch it away by touching it to get the point, that'd be a very jerk thing to do lol

of course, in intense situations, you want to ensure it goes in without getting stopped, but there are a few rare times when you just know the ball is going in, or the enemy is nowhere in their zone, so don't steal goals if you can help it

3) If you're good in net, stay back, especially when you spawn closest. Or use the quick chat to say you are going center, so someone better can stay in net.

4) Personally, I love using the quick chat to praise the opponents and teammates. Just feels fun to spam quick chat lol. "WOW!, WOW!, WOW!, NICE SHOT!"

JambiBum

1) Use ball cam almost all the time. The default view just makes it difficult to see the ball. There are a ton of camera options too, even FoV, so you may mess around a bit

2) The one no-no is touching the ball when it's already going in, when there is no threat of being stopped. Whoever touches the ball last gets the point, so if someone else gets the clear goal, and you come up and snatch it away by touching it to get the point, that'd be a very jerk thing to do lol

of course, in intense situations, you want to ensure it goes in without getting stopped, but there are a few rare times when you just know the ball is going in, or the enemy is nowhere in their zone, so don't steal goals if you can help it

3) If you're good in net, stay back, especially when you spawn closest. Or use the quick chat to say you are going center, so someone better can stay in net.

4) Personally, I love using the quick chat to praise the opponents and teammates. Just feels fun to spam quick chat lol. "WOW!, WOW!, WOW!, NICE SHOT!"

Only thing I will touch on is 1. Using ball cam all the time is kind of a bad idea. Your car controls differently due to the way the camera works when using ball cam and you can't make as tight of turns and maneuvers as you can when not using it. The best time to use the ball cam is when the ball is all the way across the field so that you can track it better and when it is up in the air. Once it reaches a certain height it is a lot more difficult to track it without the ball cam. If you watch the higher skilled players like Kronovi and Gibbs play they only use the cam in certain situations. Though obviously everyone will have their own preferences.

bjaelke

This. Someone should always stay back during kick off. Don't even have to be good at it. Just need someone to return the ball if the other team should reach center first.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
we twins?
ive played trials like mad over the last year. its by far my most played game.
Didnt we also talk in the olliolli OT?

Hmm, don't think so! I've only played OlliOlli 2 for a little bit. Enjoyed it, but never got too deep into it. Had too many other games going on at the time I think. I've also been slipping a bit in Trials lately, think I'm only ranked around 500th globally on PS4 now. :(

I could be playing Witcher 3 (I'm still at the beginning of the game), but for some reason I'm sitting here counting the minutes until this game releases... What's wrong with me??

zonq

Meh, just went live on Steam and sadly it's 20€. Didn't Psyonix say it's the regional equivalent of $20?

Ark

b0a078c53c.jpg

YES!

THE TIME IS ALMOST HERE!

Meh, just went live on Steam and sadly it's 20&#8364;. Didn't Psyonix say it's the regional equivalent of $20?

Nope. 20 EU/Dollar and £15.

Hasney

Meh, just went live on Steam and sadly it's 20&#8364;. Didn't Psyonix say it's the regional equivalent of $20?

20.00 USD = 18.1420 EUR

Once you add in the taxes which aren't shown on the US version depending on the state you're in, USD and EUR are pretty interchangeable now
which is great when you're in the UK and just use Amazon.fr over .co.uk now

zonq

USD and EUR are pretty interchangeable now

Bought plane tickets to the US yesterday and paid 20% more than last year's tickets... don't remind me..

I'm with a NA account in EU... so now I either wait to play till tomorrow (because it'll be available for me on PSN after midnight), or I buy it on Steam now, and have both versions.. play the whole day for 20€... decisions, decisions...

Hasney

It's times like this where I wish ps4 had a "time played" tracker a la 3DS or Steam because I know I'm gonna end up playing this for a thousand hours.

The game does, can't remember which cosmetic but stick to one.

In extras, there's also a ton of stats, so it might even be in there.

Nice job. Looks like fun.
Very much so. Those electric skateboards are nuts (and practical when lugging gear on wheels).

Loved helping out man. Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday :(
No worries man. Was great to have you with us again and I hope you liked the parts I used!

holy shit..
you took it to the next level...
Haha, yeah. Took too long so we broke down and made this. Posting a behind the scenes later this week.

11713858_852294558158698_6767761097119949807_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom