• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So is that just double tapping X and holding forward and just landing single flips? I didn't know it gave you a boost.

Should have done the tutorials then, as they teach you that (among other useful things) Sooo many people should have. I honestly don't even understand why you wouldn't. For me it was a complete no-brainer to let the game teach me the basic moves before jumping into the action, but I guess some people prefer just pressing buttons at random and hoping for the best.

I downloaded this last week, but Batman has taken up all of my gaming time lately. I finally played my first matches last night and...

This game is REALLY fun. Like surprisingly, amazingly, SUPER fun!

It has to be one of the best PS+ IGC titles they've released so far. I'd even put it up against Resogun.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
welp, shit doesn't work again

Ugh. I'm on my way home from a trip, haven't been able to play this since Saturday. I WILL play tonight. Psyonix, you have about two hours to make it work flawlessly, or I'm coming over and stealing your pizza.

IvanJ

Banned
What qualifies as an aerial goal? Jumping and bumping? I pretty much never score unless I jump first.

I scored a few by driving really up high on the walls, and jumping into the ball when somebody launches it my way.
It was purely accidental that it went into the goal, though. Sheer luck, no skill on my part.

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

I think servers are going down again. Had some horrible rubber band lag :/

I've no idea why, but I play so much better since I changed to these settings last week.

Z3M0G

Question: On PS4, are you currently able to:

- Create parties of more than 4 players and split into different teams to play against each other?

- Create a party of 4 or less, and connect to a specific group of friends to play against them?

If so... HOW???

- Create parties of more than 4 players and split into different teams to play against each other?

- Create a party of 4 or less, and connect to a specific group of friends to play against them?

If so... HOW???

The first option and create a private match.

Soon there will be a way to join a private game without partying so crossplat can do it too.

Noaloha

Boost on L1, been using that for days now and it feels great. Boost completely cancels out reverse so there's never any L1 + L2 problems. I put camswap on circle so it's easy to roll onto without taking my thumb away from its default position (ball of thumb on cross, tip of thumb hovering over square).

dralla

If so... HOW???

Set up a private match?

Drencrom

Soon there will be a way to join a private game without partying so crossplat can do it too.

Are you guys/gals gonna improve the FPS on the other stages so that they run as good as the Urban stage? It's probably my only nitpick with the game, so I would appreciate if you guys could optimize those other stages just a bit, even if you have to remove some extra fluff and geometry in the background.

Are you guys/gals gonna improve the FPS on the other stages so that they run as good as the Urban stage? It's probably my only nitpick with the game, so I would appreciate if you guys could optimize them just a bit.

Definitely have optimizations queued up but I can't guarantee anything specific.

MizzouRah

Boost on L1, been using that for days now and it feels great. Boost completely cancels out reverse so there's never any L1 + L2 problems. I put camswap on circle so it's easy to roll onto without taking my thumb away from its default position (ball of thumb on cross, tip of thumb hovering over square).

I've been using a claw grip since SSARPBC.

Index on circle, thumb on boost, middle finger on R2. I've been wanting to change to something like this with all triggers, but I don't want to mess with the muscle memory.

Albo

Are those bots online with the generic person profile pic and weird names? ai seems to have their own with a pic that says ai on it

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I think I'm getting better at this game. Got a handle on the controls for the most part. I can even sometimes hit the ball flying through the air now. Sometimes. I even got the score a goal while reversing trophy that way for some reason. Hit the ball with the back side of my car after boosting through the air and apparently that counted as a goal while reversing. I'll take it. Need those servers to go back up.

You know what this game needs though? Own goal tracking. Absolutely ridiculous that this isn't in. People need their shame highlighted.

aravuus

You can get progressively better and change. Someone can look at this "bad" stat and deem you unworthy as a player.

I fuck up too and score my own goals if saving goes wrong.

Not just that, sometimes the ball bounces off you into your own goal in a way that's practically impossible to avoid. Would be very annoying to get own goals for stuff you have no power over.

Hope there's some way to fix match making breaking for like 10 minutes every time everyone on the opposite team leaves the game and it ends in forfeit. Keep getting up 4-5 goals then they forfeit and I cant play for 10 minutes.

Has happened like 15 times this morning.

Pepiope

I'm sure there are people out there that would be encouraged to score more own goals if it was tracked.
This makes me wonder.... Who gets credit for the goal if you own goal from the tip and no one else touches the ball? Closest person I assume.

AcridMeat

Banned
This makes me wonder.... Who gets credit for the goal if you own goal from the tip and no one else touches the ball? Closest person I assume.
Closest person I think. I had an own goal where I just smacked it into our goal from about half way out because I brain farted on which side we were. Thankfully we were up by 6 already >_>

Ourobolus

Banned
Does it take a while for your rank to go up? I somehow got to 113 (is lower or higher better) after winning a few games and it doesn't seem to update.

Pepiope

Closest person I think. I had an own goal where I just smacked it into our goal from about half way out because I brain farted on which side we were. Thankfully we were up by 6 already >_>
I believe in that scenario it would go to last player to touch the ball from the other team. But let's say after a goal is scored, during the kick-off (I guess that's what it's called), you flip over the ball initially and reverse it into your goal without any player from the other team ever touching the ball. Maybe that's the only way for someone to actually own goal.

just the other team i think. the message is something like "blue scores" or "rebels score".
Or this. I kind of want to see it happen now.

What if Own Goals counted as assists?
I'd have 1000+ points against Kronovi

Should have done the tutorials then, as they teach you that (among other useful things) Sooo many people should have. I honestly don't even understand why you wouldn't. For me it was a complete no-brainer to let the game teach me the basic moves before jumping into the action, but I guess some people prefer just pressing buttons at random and hoping for the best.

I did all of the tutorials. But the flip giving you extra speed compared to driving was a detail I missed or forgot, since it is literally the first tutorial. Also, one you start doing online battles you can quickly forget basics. I was a few matches in before I remembered aerials were even a thing.

Edit: But yeah, flip-boosting every where, especially while driving backwards is fucking awesome. Allows me to save so much rocket boost! Had my first off the wall aerial hit that turned out to be a goal (last touch was an own goal) but it feels good to finally start landing some aerials.

Z3M0G

Set up a private match?

Was this working from day 1? Odd that we couldn't figure it out... this will allow 5+ players to play together?

This didn't seem to work for us since it wouldn't allow us to get more than 4 people in a party at one time...

Can you start a Private Match against specific other people, if you have a party of 4?

Edit: Perhaps this stuff is only working on Steam version at the moment?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Not sure why anybody would want own goals to be tracked. That's kind of strange.

With respect, I think the same question could be asked with regard to your declaration that "People need their shame highlighted."
Because it's funny and own goals are a legit thing in football. Not counting own goals is....weird. Considering the fun mayhem this game is going for it's definitely odd that they attempt to soften the blow of the laugh of an own goal.

My rank has been stuck on like 760 for the last three days. There was some latency with rank score updating before that, but it is just flat out stuck now.

v1lla21

Sorry, should have specified. I'm on PS4. Hopefully we can all play together soon. We had a 2 vs 2 tourney last night. It was a ton of fun except for coming in last place.
Yeah :(
These Lightning tourneys are fun. A 3v3 tourney for tonight would be nice if Vatos Locos is complete. I'm feeling good today *fingers crossed* lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom