• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
there is nothing worse than some baby leaving after their team doesn't score first, and then they get replaced by a ridiculously overpowered AI.

uuuuugh, i need to play with reliable people

Because it's funny and own goals are a legit thing in football. Not counting own goals is....weird. Considering the fun mayhem this game is going for it's definitely odd that they attempt to soften the blow of the laugh of an own goal.
Ya but there are times when you try to save it and it bounces off you and goes in. That would count as an own goal when it was actually a near save. That would be frustrating as hell if your solid goaltending efforts were tracked as an own goal.

Yeah :(
These Lightning tourneys are fun. A 3v3 tourney for tonight would be nice if Vatos Locos is complete. I'm feeling good today *fingers crossed* lol.
I feel like I have to redeem myself after last night. I asked Tagg if he would be on tonight but havnt heard back from him yet.

there is nothing worse than some baby leaving after their team doesn't score first, and then they get replaced by a ridiculously overpowered AI.

I'm on all the time. Add me - coolbluehalo. I finish ever game even when our team is shitting the bed.

The opposing team in a 4v4 had two people in goal the entire match. Needless to say, they did not win. Even in 4v4, a single dedicated keeper seems pointless. Way easier to have a sweeper who can contest in the midfield. Only time someone needs to be, "keeper" is when the ball is inside your own box.

The opposing team in a 4v4 had two people in goal the entire match. Needless to say, they did not win. Even in 4v4, a single dedicated keeper seems pointless. Way easier to have a sweeper who can contest in the midfield. Only time someone needs to be, "keeper" is when the ball is inside your own box.
I disagree. When you have a keeper and the opposing team clears it down field, which happens all the time, they can knock it back up field. Its also the best opportunity for a good ariel shot.

That happened to me yesterday, except as the beneficiary. The opposing team scored really early, both of my teammates rage quit, I get paired up with AI. I end up scoring five or six goals in a 9-2 blowout.

Was this working from day 1? Odd that we couldn't figure it out... this will allow 5+ players to play together?

This didn't seem to work for us since it wouldn't allow us to get more than 4 people in a party at one time...

Can you start a Private Match against specific other people, if you have a party of 4?

Edit: Perhaps this stuff is only working on Steam version at the moment?

I guarantee you it works on PS4. Are you using the ingame party system? It has no size limit.

I disagree. When you have a keeper and the opposing team clears it down field, which happens all the time, they can knock it back up field. Its also the best oppertunity for a good ariel shot.

That can all be done with good positioning, or someone playing sweeper. Sitting inside your own crease for an entire match seems like a waste of a player. Moreover, being keeper doesn't even guarantee stopping goals that often. If there were different types of vehicle, that would better suit the task of keeping, maybe then I could see the advantages.

Any news on if this patch will fix quick commands between pc and ps4? It's a bit lonely on pc atm during games when I know everyone on the other side is having the time of their lives trolling each other with "Nice shots" :(

Danielsan

Just played my first ranked game. Scored 4 goals and was MVP. Sadly the servers are borked for me again...
I'm afraid the server situation is going to kill this game.

That can all be done with good positioning, or someone playing sweeper. Sitting inside your own crease for an entire match seems like a waste of a player. Moreover, being keeper doesn't even guarantee stopping goals that often. If there were different types of vehicle, that would better suit the task of keeping, maybe then I could see the advantages.
Yeah, staying there the whole match is a waste. When I play keeper I just stay in the crease for the face off, when my team gets the ball moving forward I come out to about center field waiting for a centering pass to score but as soon as the ball starts to move in our direction, I race back to the crease.

Ramirez

Is there an explanation for skill rating any where?

Can't find a match right now either, it's a shame the servers keep shitting the bed.

Eh, a lot of people are assuming all leavers are rage quitting over goals, which is easy to say until you encounter some of the more gross server issues. Last night, for two games in a row, I couldn't see my teammate and I had 130 ping to a server in the same region as me. At that point you're better off with AI than you are with me.

Not to say people aren't rage quitting because they think they should be winning all the time, but it's not safe to assume that's the only reason.

BashNasty

Because it's funny and own goals are a legit thing in football. Not counting own goals is....weird. Considering the fun mayhem this game is going for it's definitely odd that they attempt to soften the blow of the laugh of an own goal.

Shaming people for something like that could easily turn a positive experience into a negitive experience for a lot of players. Most players prefer to remember all the times they did something cool over being reminded of the times they did something stupid.

Yeah, staying there the whole match is a waste. When I play keeper I just stay in the crease for the face off, when my team gets the ball moving forward I come out to about center field waiting for a centering pass to score but as soon as the ball starts to move in our direction, I race back to the crease.

Haha, the kick off keeping is crucial if you start back center. I have seen so many kick off goals straight down the middle. If you are the front diagonal starting position, all you need to do is hold boost and shortly after moving, do the double tap front flip while still boosting and you can almost always get first touch and get the ball clear of some accidental deflection goal mishap.

When getting first touch from the diagonal position, sometimes that ball bounces high off the side wall and comes back middle and would make for an insane aerial if landed.

Edit:
Shaming people for something like that could easily turn a positive experience into a negitive experience for a lot of players. Most players prefer to remember all the times they did something cool over being reminded of the times they did something stupid.

I thought I saw someone mention that you used to get way more end game stats. Was this in the beta? Did they maybe turn those off for now to reduce server load?

Haha, the kick off keeping is crucial if you start back center. I have seen so many kick off goals straight down the middle. If you are the front diagonal starting position, all you need to do is hold boost and shortly after moving, do the double tap front flip while still boosting and you can almost always get first touch and get the ball clear of some accidental deflection goal mishap.

When getting first touch from the diagonal position, sometimes that ball bounces high off the side wall and comes back middle and would make for an insane aerial if landed.
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned it's your duty in life to go after the kick off if you are starting from a diagonal position. It cuts the chances of a quick opposing goal down to almost nothing. The worst feeling is when you are playing back and no one goes for it, then a shot comes in that gracefully floats over you and into the goal...

PrinceKee

3v3 >>>> 4v4

One is great for competitive team play and the other is just good dumb fun. Sometimes the two get mixed up depending on your team :p

3v3 is far and away my favorite mode.

I love 4vs4 and it's actually not too bad if you play with people that know how to play a little. Meaning not everyone is charging straight for the ball the whole match. 3v3 is probably the sweet spot , but 4vs4 is pretty fun. I only played 2vs2 in the beta and haven't played it in the full game yet, but I didn't enjoy it as much as 3vs3 or even 4vs4...

I havnt checked but can you do freeplay with someone online to practice passing and stuff? Just the 2 of you?

I guess if not you could just do a private 1vs1 match and dick around.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
worst feeling is when you think you've finally lined up the perfect shot and suddenly one of your asshole teammates comes flying out of nowhere and blasts the ball to the sidewall.

worst feeling is when you think you've finally lined up the perfect shot and suddenly one of your asshole teammates comes flying out of nowhere and blasts the ball to the sidewall.

*ball bounces perfectly in front of you, you boost for the ball and flip into it...*

*random teammate bounces off wall and deflects your perfect shot, lands on his back and spins around for 2 mins*

Damnit.

Dizzy-4U

Question:

I created some local accounts on my PS4 for my friends. I tried to play splitscreen vs Online but I couldn't because the local accounts weren't associated to PSN.

Do my friends need to have a PS+ account in order to play with me locally vs online or just the regular PSN account works?

Z3M0G

I guarantee you it works on PS4. Are you using the ingame party system? It has no size limit.

Yes, any time we tried to get a 5th member in, it would give an error or simply say party was full.

Perhaps it was just bugging out that night... we'll try again when we have a large enough group.

Thanks for responses!

Dubz

This is my MP GOTY bar none. It has something that all games should strive for.....easy to learn, and difficult to master.

TheDanimal

Question:

I created some local accounts on my PS4 for my friends. I tried to play splitscreen vs Online but I couldn't because the local accounts weren't associated to PSN.

Do my friends need to have a PS+ account in order to play with me locally vs online or just the regular PSN account works?

Theoretically, using a regular PSN account should work. I did this with my brother but it told him he needed PS plus. We quit the game and rebooted it and it worked fine. Hopefully it works for you!

So I finally double dipped on Steam to give you devs your well deserved money and the game is even better at 75fps! :D One question though, is it planned to offer an option for the PC version to swap between the XBOX and PS buttons eventually?

It's a incredibly insignificant OCD nitpick of me :p I tried to make a quick mod myself but Rocket League seems to be immune to GeDoSaTo's texture dump feature and I didn't want to tinker and mess too much with the game out of respect just because of my OCD.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
So I finally double dipped on Steam to give you devs your well deserved money and the game is even better at 75fps! :D One question though, is it planned to offer an option for the PC version to swap between the XBOX and PS buttons eventually?

It's a incredibly insignificant OCD nitpick of me :p I tried to make a quick mod myself but Rocket League seems to be immune to GeDoSaTo's texture dump feature and I didn't want to tinker and mess too much with the game out of respect just because of my OCD.

uh as far is I know the game displays the buttons depending on the controller used.

iosefe

Assuming you are using DS4Windows to use your DS4 on PC, just close the program, have your ds4 plugged in and relaunch the game. Instant PS prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom