• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beard

Welp. In the space of one day I've apparently forgotten how to play this game. I've only been playing on Vita remote play today but even so goddamn I've been bad today. I had this shit down just yesterday. Maybe it's just the smaller screen making it harder or something.

Maybe it's the 30fps and the significant bump in input lag ?

BShadowJ

Just to let everyone know, I've closed the sign-ups for the GAF tournament. Sorry for everyone that wasn't able to register in time!

Just to let everyone know, I've closed the sign-ups for the GAF tournament. Sorry for everyone that wasn't able to register in time!

I snuck my team in right before the deadline. Thankfully BaconCow stepped up to help me fill it out. It was literally a last second decision. Let's do this.

EVO

I'm really glad this game has taken off but I kind of wish cross play wasn't a thing. I'm playing on PS4 and on Oceania servers at least, I'm beginning to notice more and more Steam users, none of which ever seem use quick chat. Sucks being the only one on a team trying to coordinate an attack.

I'm really glad this game has taken off but I kind of wish cross play wasn't a thing. I'm playing on PS4 and on Oceania servers at least, I'm beginning to notice more and more Steam users, none of which ever seem use quick chat. Sucks being the only one on a team trying to coordinate an attack.

There is no cross-communication enabled unfortunately. Hoping it comes through a patch

You can also turn OFF cross-play in the settings too

How can you tell if someone's a PC player?

I think I am actually getting worse at this game. Gonna stick to 1v1 for awhile to get my fundamentals together. I am missing EVERYTHING lately and when I do hit the ball it tends to be in the other teams favor.

Vitor711

1) These servers need to get better. Last few games were a nightmare because my car was jumping around all over the place.

2) PUNISH DISCONNECTORS. If you quit out of a ranked game, no more ranked games for you for an hour. If you do it twice, no more ranked games for a full day. Easy.

1) These servers need to get better. Last few games were a nightmare because my car was jumping around all over the place.

2) PUNISH DISCONNECTORS. If you quit out of a ranked game, no more ranked games for you for an hour. If you do it twice, no more ranked games for a full day. Easy.

I agree on both points. Maybe a slightly different punishment method, but something.

Ogawa-san

Had a bit of a revelation today. Finally realized that the direction you gotta hold to "jump roll" is not relative to the camera but always fixed.

For the first time I managed to hit an aerial from a wall jump, on purpose even!

Skyzard

Banned
Had a bit of a revelation today. Finally realized that the direction you gotta hold to "jump roll" is not relative to the camera but always fixed.

For the first time I managed to hit an aerial from a wall jump, on purpose even!

Yeah... I still mess that up sometimes and press up/down instead of right/left on the left stick. Just got it the other day though.

Not sure if I've just hit a high enough skill rating in standard ranked or if it's been pure luck but for the first time I just had over 10 matches in a row and not one had me screaming at my teammates. Awesome.

So many damn mind games in 1v1. You actually fight people for control and the game has recreated the real life struggle of bodying each other for position in a way I don't think other sports games have been able to.

Allforce

It seems like in only 1 out of every 10 games I can actually use the custom chat and my message goes through to everyone. I can always use the preset chat messages though.

BShadowJ

It seems like in only 1 out of every 10 games I can actually use the custom chat and my message goes through to everyone. I can always use the preset chat messages though.

There's actually a bug right now that if you suspend your game, you won't be able to use the chat. Basically you gotta reboot the game every time you turn on your PS4 to use chat... :/

Vitor711

Hooray at losing rank because of a player quitting.

-_-

It's really, REALLY bad. Like, I get that the matches are short but that's equally as valid a reason to just see it through as it is to quit 2 minutes in.

Can't believe there wasn't already something in place to punish quitters - it's a problem that plagues almost every online game that's got a heavy team focus.

Allforce

There's actually a bug right now that if you suspend your game, you won't be able to use the chat. Basically you gotta reboot the game every time you turn on your PS4 to use chat... :/

Oh god thank you for this info. I was going to head into my router settings and shit and start bugging around thinking I had network issues.

Allforce

I can't get in a single match now without crippling lag. Just everyone teleporting all over the field...

Maybe it is my network after all...

quest

Not Banned from OT
I am enjoying the game for the most part. I do have 1 frustration besides sucking at the game. My team scores first then 1 or 2 people quit. The players are replaced by the over powered AI and the game ends up 7-1 beat down lead by 6-7 goals by the AI. I don't get the quitting on un ranked matches. I take my beat downs not like it means anything in a un ranked match. It sucks that most games turn into a AI beat down. They really need to gimp the AI it is way OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom