• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabufu

Banned
Both people I live with are gamers so we've had three DS4s since day one (and remote play for when there's a guest). Indies are dominating the local multiplayer space right now: Towerfall, Spelunky, Nidhogg, Helldivers, Sportsfriends and now Rocket League.

It's a shame major pubs have forgotten that the joy of playing with friends forms a far more sentimental attachment to a game than online as they strip away features to chase the esports dream. Only Nintendo seems to remember that games are meant to be shared.

I envy you D :

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Sony can't catch a break, week after they release DriveClub PS+ edition this happens.

how does this compare at all?
This game isnt sony developed, nor sony published, nor funded.
its a samll indies studio, that has server problems on launch day becasue the hype for this game is trhough the roof.

this is totally expected.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hold the FUCK on.

This has four player online splitscreen and bot support? Interest went from zero to through the fucking roof, so happy.

I guess splitscreen is too technically demanding for AAA devs to do.

Or maybe this game is much less technically demanding than most AAA games and can therefore run nicely in four viewports at once. I also think it's a shame that so few games have split-screen multiplayer these days, but you can hardly compare the difficulty of implementing it in a game like this and something like Driveclub.

JambiBum

I wish goalies got more points for saves. Especially since goals are worth 100. I know epic saves are worth 100 but they happen so little that I feel like they should be 150 and regular be 100. I'm usually at the bottom of the score page because I primarily play goalie and don't always get points for saves. There are times when it counts saves as only clears which are worth 20 instead of 50. I'm not really complaining about it though, I just want more points since I primarily goal tend :D

Hasney

I wish goalies got more points for saves. Especially since goals are worth 100. I know epic saves are worth 100 but they happen so little that I feel like they should be 150 and regular be 100. I'm usually at the bottom of the score page because I primarily play goalie and don't always get points for saves. There are times when it counts saves as only clears which are worth 20 instead of 50. I'm not really complaining about it though, I just want more points since I primarily goal tend :D

Once you get good at being in that position though, you realise you have the best chances to score most of the time when you just see that ball come toward you.

Keasar

I have no clue what I am doing. :(

I'm flying everywhere, missing the ball, I try to go high to get the ball when its in the air and miss, all the time, when I finally hit the ball it its usually going anywhere -but- towards the goal. Probably need to spend a few dozen hours until I can finally aim.

Vaga

I'm flying everywhere, missing the ball, I try to go high to get the ball when its in the air and miss, all the time, when I finally hit the ball it its usually going anywhere -but- towards the goal. Probably need to spend a few dozen hours until I can finally aim.

Have you at least completed the training?

MrS

Banned
Is this gonna be an easy plat? Trophy list looks pretty straightforward. Are there difficulty options in single player?

JambiBum

Once you get good at being in that position though, you realise you have the best chances to score most of the time when you just see that ball come toward you.

Oh I know. I've scored plenty of times because of it. I just think that the points you get for playing defense should be equal to offense really.

Hasney

Oh my, bots can score? :D

I won my only Season match so far 15-2 and only one of those was me scoring an own goal, so even rookie bots can score!

Is this gonna be an easy plat? Trophy list looks pretty straightforward. Are there difficulty options in single player?

Yeah, you can set the bot difficulty. Will be fairly easy once we work out how to unlock Sweet Tooth.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

I didn't even know you could fly for like ten hours during the beta. Plenty of damage to be done on the ground.

newsguy

I did it again. I had to wake up at 430am for work. I played the game until 330 am last night... This game is bad for my life.

Steiner84

psyonix forum is down.
lol

the hype is real.

the plat is super easy to get.
if nothing helps you can boost most trophies in a 1on1 against a friend.

I did it again. I had to wake up at 430am for work. I played the game until 330 am last night... This game is bad for my life.

I'm 3 weeks into Insanity Max 30. Before Rocket League I had my internal body clock locked at tired by half 11, up by half 6.

Suffice to say that's being ruined pretty rapidly.

psyonix forum is down.
lol

the hype is real.

the plat is super easy to get.
if nothing helps you can boost most trophies in a 1on1 against a friend.

Oh hey Steiner, just noticed it's you. You smashed me pretty hard on a 2v2 ranked lol. Fortunately I was still on my NZ account though :p

Gotta admit I was raging pretty hard at my teammate. He got 20 points lol.

Steiner84

look at the third entry on "did you know"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page#Did you know...

Wikipedia Main Page Hype!

Oh hey Steiner, just noticed it's you. You smashed me pretty hard on a 2v2 ranked lol. Fortunately I was still on my NZ account though :p

Gotta admit I was raging pretty hard at my teammate. He got 20 points lol.

haha, nope, i think it wasnt me. the account was propably Steiner84-nz?
thatz was my fake nz acc i gave to moe (you should know him i think) becasue he couldnt get the 14 trial working on his fake acc.
my acc is just Steiner84

Bishop89

cross posting from review thread
just played my first game (against a bot)

My god, this is so much fun. Havnt had this much fun in ages.

This is staying on my ps4 until its sequel!!

game is the real deal

Recall

Playing against bots (rookie) and managed to win 7-2. Scoring from kick off is quite easy against the low level ai.

haha, nope, i think it wasnt me. the account was propably Steiner84-nz?
thatz was my fake nz acc i gave to moe (you should know him i think) becasue he couldnt get the 14 trial working on his fake acc.
my acc is just Steiner84

Aah. Well tell him I'll actually be able to give him a challenge when I'm on my PC and have a teammate :p

Serves are down for me in UK.

So I played the offline mode and it turns it out its just as much fun and you keep unlocking stuff for use in the multiplayer (my truck is looking pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty sweet), so that's nice.

If you see me online, my PSN name is the same as my GAF, so say hi when I score an own goal.

Purdy

Nice to see everyone is enjoying it after the majority slept on SSARPBC, easily just as good, pity we had to wait so long for this but thankfully its here

Nice to see everyone is enjoying it after the majority slept on SSARPBC, easily just as good, pity we had to wait so long for this but thankfully its here

It was last generation's biggest crime. I wonder how many thousands of people now loving RL would have loved SARPBC just as much if they'd heard of it/given it a chance.

Fuck me, those tutorial challenges on the hardest difficulty are no joke. Tried the defender one on the hardest setting and couldn't stop a single ball lol.

Steiner84

Haha :p I'm sure we'll play against each other in some Gaf tourneys. Hopefully cross game support will improve soon so we can get some games going on.

im all up for it!
i dont see myself playing much other games in the forseeable future.

BokehKing

Banned

Just keep playing, nothing beats that first time you score a goal and that huge explosion happens

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

The tutorials really help.

This is a game that has lots of strategy and depth with what it offers.

Wiggy

grr, servers are down for me. I hate launch day problems, hope this doesnt last long. Single player mode here i come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom