• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerMan

I am glad that so many people are having fun with this game. This game that has such a great concept but the controls don't work for me. The only time I can score is when the ball is directly in front of me.

BokehKing

Banned
What's a good way to not fight the camera as much?

Now that I know how to fly, I'm addicted to flying across the map (and missing the ball by a mile)

Ark

Obviously some of the devs are posting in this thread, but have any of them responded about getting a GAF flag into the game? Psyonix_Dave over on Reddit says he's contacted Reddit about getting a Reddit flag into the game, it'd only be fair if GAF gets one too!

Juicy Bob

Obviously some of the devs are posting in this thread, but have any of them responded about getting a GAF flag into the game? Psyonix_Dave over on Reddit says he's contacted Reddit about getting a Reddit flag into the game, it'd only be fair if GAF gets one too!
I would rock a GAF flag so hard.

Anyone else's PS4 sound like it's going to take off sometimes while playing this game? I can't pin down what makes the fans go crazy because it only happens occasionally...

I am glad that so many people are having fun with this game. This game that has such a great concept but the controls don't work for me. The only time I can score is when the ball is directly in front of me.

The chaos of the controls is part of the fun. Scoring is just as much luck as it is skill. But if you ain't double jumping and spinning in the air for goals you ain't even tryin'

I always fuck up on 1v1s during the kickoff. Ill get a hard fought goal, followed by getting scored on 5 seconds later due to the ball taking a good bounce for my opponent. Has happened so many times... can't figure out if its my timing or what.

DBT85

Redo the training over and over. The balls are more controlled and there's no idiots zooming around everywhere.

I'm still crap when the ball is directly above me and even regularly miss when just driving lol.

Son Of D

Alright, finally started this up. Not going to jump online right away since I'll suck and let the team down. Going to try a few offline games first.

kgtrep

Regular season on rookie 1v1 was cake. :)

x1Ib6GB.jpg

JackHerer

Every single game has been laggy for me today. My ping will be fine but the ball is just hanging and stuttering in mid air to varying degrees.

The Cowboy

Every single game has been laggy for me today. My ping will be fine but the ball is just hanging and stuttering in mid air to varying degrees.

Same here, and everyone in the servers I was on was reporting the same thing - even though our pings read all under 50 the lag was something shocking.

I tried boosting the 50 KM trophy

5 minutes of boosting in circles while the A.I did their thing.

I went up 1 KM lol, to a total of 4 KM

Would have had this trophy if the online worked, so now Im just waiting for it to get fixed. After that, it's a sweet platinum for me

It works in free mode, I just drove around on the sides of the arena for a little while and got it.

Stike

Played online MP today for the first time with a guy in Australia! Pretty big ping difference, but DAMN that game is so much fun! And surprisingly playable despite the network problems.

Nothing better when you get your ass handed to you and you still manage to score a goal in the last 10 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijliqK7yw8

Geeze. Won my first two ranked matches, shot up to 250 skill.

Then I got stuck in a 3v1. All my teammates left. I lost 6-1 and dropped to 118.

I have a bluetooth keyboard plugged into my PS4 but I can't seem to type messages in the text chat during a game. Is there a way to do this on PS4 or am I limited to Nice Shot! and Whoops...?

Unicorn

Is anyone playing this on a Surface Pro 2? I'm on the edge of buying, but need to know performance for my mobility machine.

All the gifs are really telling me to buy this game. It's only $20... so it's like... I'm probably gonna break for it. I'm gonna fight the urge though.

So much kickass gifs.... XO

Ok, I just got Playstation Plus this weekend, and this is the first time I've been addicted to a game since Persona 4 Golden. I was seriously losing interest in gaming, and was considering selling my PS4. This game is just pure fun.

AcridMeat

Banned
Got the win 10 matches in a row trophy without even noticing a win streak. This game is great to play while listening to a podcast/audiobook.
Absolutely! I love being able to relax with it as well as yell and laugh on skype.
fjt3G4p.gif

8fq7NVx.gif

This has to be one of the most satisfying games ever made :D
Wow amazing stuff here!
All the gifs are really telling me to buy this game. It's only $20... so it's like... I'm probably gonna break for it. I'm gonna fight the urge though.

So much kickass gifs.... XO
Buy it. I have 70 hours in it. I bought it for a friend for their birthday. Buy it.

Yudoken

There's something wrong playing 4 on one screen online, I've experienced really bad lag and stuttering but with 3 it worked fine,
We played 4 on one big tv and the other two on a smaller tv and it lagged terrible (3 vs 3 matches) and after changing to 3 vs 3 it worked fine.
Everything was in the same room on the same router.
Both pc's are pretty beefy and the internet connection is about 11mbit and normally works fine for other games.

Zafir

I have a bluetooth keyboard plugged into my PS4 but I can't seem to type messages in the text chat during a game. Is there a way to do this on PS4 or am I limited to Nice Shot! and Whoops...?

Did you make sure to press the touchpad on the controller to bring up the text input? Seemed like I could type what I wanted in that, tedious to do with the touchpad tho.

Ready shuffles the teams (outside parties), re-match keeps them.

I thought this was true but today it was not. It(Ready) would keep the teams the same every single game.

And people were dropping in and out so it can't have been party related.

I don't know if it's broken or what, but it's kind of annoying. I neither want to win nor lose 9-2.

Curufinwe

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

Ive been doing so well because of this

Hitting 95% of my shots

Under the ball, speeding at it, no problem
Even helped me turn better, as I have better perception
Trying these now

I don't know if it's just because Saturday harbours more players, but so many people are quitting out mid match today, and that's just in non-ranked! I'm used to it in ranked, but in non-ranked?

It seems so many people playing just don't want to stick through a losing match... I tend to have just as much fun regardless, even the worse losses I've had have been fun.

Very frustrating to end up playing bots half the time. And very frustrating not being able to play ranked since I have yet to play a single ranked match where people bail out mid way when they see they aren't going to win.

I am just aghast at how incompetent AI is on All-Star...it's like, insane. It's really frustrating when you're trying to improve. Guess I'll just stick with online.

There's gotta be a better way to balance the difficulties than just turning down player AI teammates and increasing CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom