• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone be kind enough to let me know, please

1) Do you need voice chat (i'm using a PC hooked up to TV so have no headset)
2) Is this this game ok when playing with randoms (ie when you lovely peolpe aren't on)

sackninja

2) Is this this game ok when playing with randoms (ie when you lovely peolpe aren't on)

No need for voice chat, you can say pretty much what you need via quick chat. And I've found it fine to play with randoms. Some people have had different experiences though.

T-Rex.

Banned
Can't believe how bad I've become at this game. I used to be really good, but my last 6 games or so I've just been absolutely horrible. I've missed sitters, missed easy clearances, flopped from kick off constantly. I don't know what's happened lol. Every kick off duel I seem to lose now with the ball either bouncing slowly into my net or bouncing at the perfect height for the opponent to knock it in. It's so frustrating because I lost a match 6-5 yesterday and every single one of the guys goals came from kick off. Bah.

DBT85

I've used my headset once while I played with my brother. Never heard anyone else use one.

Playing with randoms is mostly fun. But fuck the quitters. Occasionally you get someone who's salty. Like yesterday my team scored the equaliser to make it 6-6 with 0 seconds on the clock lol

Pookmunki

I've used my headset once while I played with my brother. Never heard anyone else use one.

Playing with randoms is mostly fun. But fuck the quitters. Occasionally you get someone who's salty. Like yesterday my team scored the equaliser to make it 6-6 with 0 seconds on the clock lol

Conversely, I had my 2 teammates quit and ended up winning 12-1 with ai

Recall

Just had some cracking games. We won 5-4, would have been 5-3 but we let a goal in from a kick-off with 0 seconds left.

I'm still mediocre and find myself totally engrossed. Love the game.

Linius

I ended up getting it two matches before the all items one, at around 78km going from the wheels stats. But I've only played one online match, so all my other ones counted towards it.

I've played about 200 matches now and about 35 of those were offline. One set of wheels I used got 16km and a bit on them. The rest is still at 0. And I'm not gonna bother offline play anymore since I'm done with the season stuff.

Only offline thing I'll keep doing is training. Gotta master aerials. Think I'm gonna focus on defending. It's extremely satisfying to pick up shots that people think are going in.

T minus 7 hours until I am back home from a weekend away... aka 7 hours until I can finally play RL again. I should have brought my Vita. The withdraw is real.

Alright so weird question, but generally when I'm playing 4v4, there's usually a guy on the other side who acts as a goalie. Now sometimes if I'm not in position to make a shot, I'll use my boost to run him down so that the goal is unprotected and we can score, and it works! But I've been called a cheater for doing so... Is there some unwritten rule about not messing with goalies or are people just being sensitive?

MUnited83

For you.
Alright so weird question, but generally when I'm playing 4v4, there's usually a guy on the other side who acts as a goalie. Now sometimes if I'm not in position to make a shot, I'll use my boost to run him down so that the goal is unprotected and we can score, and it works! But I've been called a cheater for doing so... Is there some unwritten rule about not messing with goalies or are people just being sensitive?

People just being sensitive. It's a perfectly valid tactic.

People just being sensitive. It's a perfectly valid tactic.

It's also so hard to pull off that in most games I've seen it attempted it's an advantage for the team with the goalie instead of the other way around.

It's not like it's all that common to have a breakaway with another ally ahead of you, and if they aren't...they will come out of it with zero(or close to it) boost, and as far away from your own defense/goal as its possible to be.

Cjkorea

Changed my settings and had the best game ever. It was ridiculous... So good I had to save replay and turn the game off. Holy shit.

If you can do it in the game, it's fair game. Just laugh at him or spam "Thanks!" like I do. Always gets under their skin.

GodofWine

PERFECTLY FINE.

Fitts

Only two nights spent with this game and it already feels like my GOTY runner up to Bloodborne. Goddamn! So glad I knew nothing about it before hand so it could take me by total surprise.

Dario ff

Banned
Rocket League works really well when detecting aspect ratios on split screen modes as well. Just tried Nvidia Surround for 3840x1080 and horizontal split-screen on two separate monitors and it's like playing two instances of the game on one PC (Except replays are messed up).

Vertical could work in theory as well.

EDIT: Vertical works nicely too (1920x2160):
Ov3xCB2.jpg

If you can do it in the game, it's fair game. Just laugh at him or spam "Thanks!" like I do. Always gets under their skin.

Last night I robbed someone of the ball, scored a ridiculous rebound goal and said "Great Pass!" to the opponent who "lost" it to me. They bothered to type in "You fucking cunt"...

Linius

When I'm on goal and someone tries to pull that shit I just jump at the right time and laugh at them.

Only silly goalkeepers would make a problem of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom