• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
fjt3G4p.gif

8fq7NVx.gif

This has to be one of the most satisfying games ever made :D

Insanity, very impressive.

The Cowboy

There really is no better sound than hearing the epic save gong, it could only be improved with an Unreal Tournament style "Epic SAVE!!!!" announcement :D.

Unicorn

Well, it runs on Surface Pro 2 with most bells and whistles off. I just fucking sick. I need a video of fundamentals because I don't think I should be flipping every time I wanna slam it in, plus my timing is awful too.

What exactly is an Aeriel Hit?

I've hit the ball after flying to the point where I am practically at the ceiling and still have zero, according to stats.

Played for an hour. Five practice exhibitions and two multiplayer rounds. I scored four goals in the first and one in the second. The game is sometimes hard to remember that I should press A once rather than twice since twice sometimes sends me flying up and away, leaving the goal very vulnerable.

My favorite multiplayer game, this now is.

_Isaac

My brain still gets confused when I have ball cam on and left becomes right and right becomes left. It's like classic resident evil at high speeds. It's kinda hard for me.

DrkSage

My brain still gets confused when I have ball cam on and left becomes right and right becomes left. It's like classic resident evil at high speeds. It's kinda hard for me.

Yea, same happens to me. Wish there was an option where even if the camera is facing the front of the car wanting to spin to the left really means spinning to the left.

GodofWine

I suck at non ranked play, but have my skill up to 336 in ranked 3v3, I feel like I get all the total schmoes on my side in non ranked games, but those people say the same of me I'm sure :)

Skyzard

Banned
By the way you can only do the second jump within about 2 seconds of the first jump as far as I can tell so don't do it too early if you want more of an impact. Only happens if you get enough speed to stay that long in the air or if you're boosting though.

Zomba13

Had an amazing run with a random KingWildebeest earlier. Almost 10 straight wins. Even though he had a huge ping he was still great and we wrecked fools.

Obviously some of the devs are posting in this thread, but have any of them responded about getting a GAF flag into the game? Psyonix_Dave over on Reddit says he's contacted Reddit about getting a Reddit flag into the game, it'd only be fair if GAF gets one too!

I'd drop my Welsh flag for a GAF flag. Maybe.

Maulik

Quick question for couch co-op.

Is there anyway to have a friend come over and couch co-op with you and then go online to play against others? The reason I ask is because on PS4 it seems to require player 2 to also have a PSN account. I thought a guest account on PS4 would have same privileges as main account?

senahorse

Quick question for couch co-op.

Is there anyway to have a friend come over and couch co-op with you and then go online to play against others? The reason I ask is because on PS4 it seems to require player 2 to also have a PSN account. I thought a guest account on PS4 would have same privileges as main account?

Can't speak for PS4, but I did couch co-op online with a buddy yesterday on PC.

Zia

Fun game and I'm not taking it too seriously but the one player I get every three games that has to be touching or going for the ball at all times -- when you're about to score a goal, when you're about to make a save, when you're dribbling down the field on a breakaway and aren't moving fast enough for him -- drives me nuts.

antitrop

Downloaded this tonight and had a great time. Tutorial made for picking up the mechanics easily and I was already pulling off cool shit in my first AI exhibition match. After a few warmup rounds, I jumped into random online 3v3s and had a blast, before kicking ass with LookAtMeGo in a ranked 2v2 and calling it a night.

Badass game, PS+ really came through this month.

Downloaded this tonight and had a great time. Tutorial made for picking up the mechanics easily and I was already pulling off cool shit in my first AI exhibition match. After a few warmup rounds, I jumped into random online 3v3s and had a blast, before kicking ass with LookAtMeGo in a ranked 2v2 and calling it a night.

Badass game, PS+ really came through this month.
Yeah good game man. Hit me up any time.

Trouble

Banned
Scored the winning goal with 1 second left on the clock earlier. Everyone was going nuts. Best feeling ever. God I love this fucking game.

Forgot to save the replay ;_;

Cess007

Yep, definitively this. When you nail a bicycle shot and score you're gonna feel like a total boss.

The other day i was playing season, in order to get practice and unlock everything, and got my first bicycle goal. Nothing fancy, but still felt like a damn boss!

golchilenao8qz7.gif

And i also discovered that i can be such a jerk when i score :p

boomslo7z.gif

Tunavi

Banned
The other day i was playing season, in order to get practice and unlock everything, and got my first bicycle goal. Nothing fancy, but still felt like a damn boss!

golchilenao8qz7.gif

And i'm also discover that i can be such a jerk when i score :p

boomslo7z.gif
Lmao at that second one

This game is so damn fun, even though I suck at it. I throw myself at the ball a lot and just completely whiff. My biggest problem is I keep underestimating how high you can jump, I'm getting better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom