• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

klier

Lvl 16 now, absolutely love it.
And, I am getting better.

I saw this guy playing on PS Live the other day, when the RL servers were down, and it was beyond comprehension how good he was and what he did.
1 vs 4 unfair bots, and he absolutely murdered them.

Got paired up against a rookie team earlier.

They keep rematching even though they get destroyed.

Not sure what to think.

"Wow!" is the best quick chat emote.

ChrisD

Got paired up against a rookie team earlier.

They keep rematching even though they get destroyed.

Not sure what to think.

"Wow!" is the best quick chat emote.

I don't think most people playing this care about losing, so long as they make a play or two that gets the hype up. Me and my brothers were in a multi loss streak against a group last night, but we kept playing them because it was fun to score against someone who beat you repeatedly. It makes it all the more fun haha. We also beat them in the end (1win-5losses), and that was even more rewarding.

Unless you're talking Ranked?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I don't think most people playing this care about losing, so long as they make a play or two that gets the hype up. Me and my brothers were in a multi loss streak against a group last night, but we kept playing them because it was fun to score against someone who beat you repeatedly. It makes it all the more fun haha. We also beat them in the end (1win-5losses), and that was even more rewarding.

Unless you're talking Ranked?

can you even do rematches in ranked?

Out of like 20 ranked matches I've played there were maybe 2 where none of the players left. I mean come on...

Tell me about it, i've just had my team quit on me in 4 of the last 5 matches i've played. 2 of the games were 3v3 where I was left on my own!

Every time you are 2 goals down you seem to be at risk of your team bailing, pathetic!

Poetic

A friend and I just played 12 or so ranked and i think only 2 matches had people quit.

Is there a penalty? seems like you should take a skill score hit for that.

Valkrai

Fucking pathetic. I've been playing solo ranked and demolishing and I got DDOS'd because I was in the lead by several points.

A friend and I just played 12 or so ranked and i think only 2 matches had people quit.

Is there a penalty? seems like you should take a skill score hit for that.

No there isn't. There will be a penalty added in later on. It should be in, too many rage quits in Solo Duel specifically.

Skyzard

Banned
After all the camera tweaking I pretty much went back to default for most things because of the problems with seeing things with the ball in the air in ball cam.

Skyzard

Banned
I think I just have to get used to aiming with a further out camera so you get better vision. I pushed camera distance even past default when before I was bringing it in for helping connect with the ball but you just don't see enough.

v1lla21

Yay! Im like top 5 in almost everything out of my friends list :)

Ive probably been playing longer than some of yall and i still havent gotten the platinum. Lol.

you won't if you don't switch to ball cam!
Fitting tag.
We should have a tourney between ballcam and non-ballcam to see which side is better :p

Sullichin

Incredible game. Have it on PS4 and will definitely be buying it on Steam once/if they add the ability for PS4 players to party up with PC people. Really cool that it has cross play at all, don't know of any other games besides MMOs that do that. Imagine if Destiny had cross platform play...

So,
- Ball cam? I have it on always. I am much worse when I don't. But I'm thinking that's a noob strategy.
- Is there a bug where it doesn't keep track of wins per vehicle? The menu says "when equipped, this item tracks your wins" or something but they all say 0 wins.
- My friend has a bug where some player names don't show up. They might be PC players. They show up for me though. Happen to anyone else?
- Ariel shots are incredibly satisfying. I am trying to practice those.

pbsapeer

Banned
Absolutely addicted to this game. Never, I don't think, have I played a game consecutively for so long in a day and STILL want more. Man it's like heroine or cocaine

old

Gratz on 20 and i find it wierd reading pro under my name as i´m everything but myself, and yes alot of times you can get some awsomely tight games going, i do prefer 3v3 and chaos tho.

I rarely switch camera from following the ball, but i know some switch all the time.

Some games I just can't hit the ball to save my life. When this happens in 4x4, I switch camera and target sitting opponents for boost demolition. I'll take out goalies on their end or would be goal scorers sitting in front of our goal waiting for a cross hit on our end.

Willectro

Banned
Love this game.

People who are on average over 75 or so ping should be relegated to servers with other high ping players. People porting around and disconnecting really fucks up the game sometimes.

I feel there should be a penalty for quitting such as 5 or 10 minutes where you can't search for another match if you quit. Not just in Rocket League but in online games in general.

It would discourage quitters and wouldn't really affect people who actually had to head out since they're, well, heading out.

gai_shain

Finally hit 500 rating in 3v3 ranked after 2 days of playing ranked and 3 days playing in total. Even though its not that high im pretty happy with myself for that!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just played a few 1v1 matches with the same guy. He beat me the first couple matches but by the third I'd got a handle on his playstyle and went 6-1 up. Then he ragequit. Ugh.

GeeTeeCee

Played a few matches yesterday with two randoms. We used the quick chat to compliment each other's play/sarcastically mock any mistakes we or the other team made.

A player on the other team let us know in no uncertain terms that he did not enjoy this constant chat.

Of course, we were sure to spam the chat even harder afterwards. I love this game, even if I'm never able to get a single stable match.

DBT85

My 2v2 ranking was at 179 when I started today, managed to drop it to 76 and back up a little it.

It's amazing how different a match can be if your team mate isn't a potato. Just not trying to hit every ball all the time for example.

Had a few more quitters today. I'd love it if quitters were only paired with other quitters. Lol

I think it's going to be a real challenge for me to break 200.

I've found few people seem to say anything at all. Mostly me saying great shot etc.

DBT--85 by the way.

I think I just have to get used to aiming with a further out camera so you get better vision. I pushed camera distance even past default when before I was bringing it in for helping connect with the ball but you just don't see enough.

Er, I made the mistake of pulling the camera all the way back.

I moved it much closer and am enjoying the game a lot better, as 95% of my shots are hits. Side-dashing, standing under the ball, everything works well now.

Also, I wish Sony would advertise this game at least on the Sizzle reel :(

I swear anyone who sees this game for the first time gets excited with how fun it looks

mintyice

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

Ive been doing so well because of this

Hitting 95% of my shots

Under the ball, speeding at it, no problem
Even helped me turn better, as I have better perception

This worked pretty well for me. Thanks!

skynidas

Banned
Er, I made the mistake of pulling the camera all the way back.

I moved it much closer and am enjoying the game a lot better, as 95% of my shots are hits. Side-dashing, standing under the ball, everything works well now.

Also, I wish Sony would advertise this game at least on the Sizzle reel :(

I swear anyone who sees this game for the first time gets excited with how fun it looks

The thing is on PS+, there's no better advertising than that.

Ogawa-san

I only need the 500km trophy to plat this game but I can't be arsed to use tricks to get it.
I ended up getting it two matches before the all items one, at around 78km going from the wheels stats. But I've only played one online match, so all my other ones counted towards it.

I tried boosting the 50 KM trophy

5 minutes of boosting in circles while the A.I did their thing.

I went up 1 KM lol, to a total of 4 KM

Would have had this trophy if the online worked, so now Im just waiting for it to get fixed. After that, it's a sweet platinum for me

Got the win 10 matches in a row trophy without even noticing a win streak. This game is great to play while listening to a podcast/audiobook.

NIN90

30suxp.gif

WebM version at 60fps: http://www.gfycat.com/CavernousMealyChrysomelid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom