• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
A partner I just played with in 2v2 was a real asshole. I'm the only one that scored goals on our team. I had way more points than him and was playing fine. We're losing and he all of a sudden writes fk you Gary as if the loss is my fault. I hate people so much sometimes.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Just had my save file corrupted, don't think i'm going to play this game again.

Disabled auto-upload a few days ago while doing some online storage managment. Figured this was like a "normal" multiplayer game and all the stats and unlocks were "registred" online so I didnt need to keep a backup file because I assumed everything was on the servers.

Booted the game up after a GTA session and went to find a match, looked down at my phone to switch to another album on apple music, looked back up to the TV expecting the match to start soon and what do you know, my ps4 is somehow completely turned off and it had to restore itself, then I load up rocket league to play and it says the file is corrupted.

Tried GTA, file is fine, tried another game, file is fine, so this is exclusive to rocket league. Typed in "rocket league corrupt" in twitter, saw 1 or two other tweets with similar situations on both PC and PS4, so I know its not just me.

Oh, and i'm back to the stock blue car, ranked 1 instead of level 10, no unlocks, etc.

I'm done. I had lost the spark after the constant server issues on day one but I kept going. Rolled my eyes when AI teammates scored all the goals in so many games in which people had connection issues online, but I kept trucking although the time I spent playing this game each day had surely diminished from how I played it when it first came out, but this is the final straw now.

I put in all this time and got all of these unlocks and had nearly 100 goals, and now i'm back to 0 with no reason to play anymore.

All I can say is i'm glad I got this game for free instead of having to pay for this game that has been partially broken since launch.

Hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.

Sullichin

Lol, me and a friend were in a pretty laggy game and won. Someone on the other team kept accusing us of using a lag switch. What a moron. Pretty sure you can't lag switch to your advantage in a game with dedicated servers, and even if you could, a laggy game doesn't mean anyone is doing anything nefarious. I wonder if he cries lag switch every time he loses.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I put in all this time and got all of these unlocks and had nearly 100 goals, and now i'm back to 0 with no reason to play anymore.

All I can say is i'm glad I got this game for free instead of having to pay for this game that has been partially broken since launch.

That sucks for you, but if it happened to me it wouldn't matter to me one bit. I play this game because it's fun, not because it has unlocks.

Edit: I haven't even customized my vehicle nor have I entered the options menu for that. So I'm probably an outlier.

Unicorn

Disabled auto-upload a few days ago while doing some online storage managment. Figured this was like a "normal" multiplayer game and all the stats and unlocks were "registred" online so I didnt need to keep a backup file because I assumed everything was on the servers.

Booted the game up after a GTA session and went to find a match, looked down at my phone to switch to another album on apple music, looked back up to the TV expecting the match to start soon and what do you know, my ps4 is somehow completely turned off and it had to restore itself, then I load up rocket league to play and it says the file is corrupted.

Tried GTA, file is fine, tried another game, file is fine, so this is exclusive to rocket league. Typed in "rocket league corrupt" in twitter, saw 1 or two other tweets with similar situations on both PC and PS4, so I know its not just me.

Oh, and i'm back to the stock blue car, ranked 1 instead of level 10, no unlocks, etc.

I'm done. I had lost the spark after the constant server issues on day one but I kept going. Rolled my eyes when AI teammates scored all the goals in so many games in which people had connection issues online, but I kept trucking although the time I spent playing this game each day had surely diminished from how I played it when it first came out, but this is the final straw now.

Level 10 is like 4 hours of playtime. Not all is lost because you still have the skill you gained from playing. Did cosmetics matter that much to you?

newsguy

I played a ton of the game on my UK account. When the US version came out, I lost everything and started from scratch. It literally didn't make a bit of difference. The base vehicle played identical to any other vehicle. I can't see how a corrupted save file would matter at all in this game. If you're that attached to a mariachi hat and rainbow fart trails, just play a few matches and you'll get them back quickly.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

all that is just cosmetics and it doesn't affect anything. of course if you don't like the game it makes sense not to play anymore, but it's not like you've lost anything of use or anything that you wouldn't get back after a relatively short playtime.

Calabi

I had my first epic match. Was a ranked match and losing one nil, I manage to score an equalizer at the 0 second left mark, must have been a millisecond from it not counting. Then we won on the overtime. Damn this game is good.

Yudoken

There is something wrong with controller numbering on pc.
Player 3 and 4 are switched and it's kinda annoying. Tested this with DS4 with SCP DS3 driver (which basically recognizes DS3 and DS4 pads on pc as 360 ones) and with original wireless 360 pads on two pc's.

This so by far my favorite game to come out since the Track mania Nations games. So, so, so much fun. Even when I'm having a terrible game I still laugh my ass off at how badly I whiff the ball.

Even better when I get a 4v4 private match with my friends. My GOTY right now.

It sucks that your save file got corrupted. It really does.

But this is probably the best game in the world to lose your save. All you've lost are cosmetics. In terms of ranking, worst case scenario you get to play some easier games as you build your rank back up.

Personally I don't care if you ever play the game again, but you're making this out to be a bigger deal than it truly is. Who cares how many goals you had? Who cares if you had a sombrero hat?

Unless you were ranked top 10 in the world or something, none of that matters. It's all about playing the game itself.

yatesl

Does quitting keep you get on getting a loss in ranked? I'm constantly seeing people quit from the other team. Happened to me as well, but I proceeded to beat them 1v2 (/brag)

People swear that the cars handle differently.

Can anyone just do a test. I know devs said the hitboxes are the only thing and that they are negligible differences, but I'm very curious if we can do a test to even see this.

plc268

Only time I ever quit is when my teammates are doing shit that's completely detrimental to playing the game. It's not even about winning or losing, but when you have two teammates that are constantly attacking the ball when they should be holding back a bit, it gets awfully frustrating.

So many times I had the ball perfectly centered on the goal and ready to score, and then I'll have a dumbass teammate come in from the side and knock into the wall. Why? I'll tolerate stuff like that if you have Rookie under your name, because you haven't played much, but if you're Semi-Pro or higher, there's an implicit expectation that you understand the basics of how the game works by now.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Only time I ever quit is when my teammates are doing shit that's completely detrimental to playing the game. It's not even about winning or losing, but when you have two teammates that are constantly attacking the ball when they should be holding back a bit, it gets awfully frustrating.

So many times I had the ball perfectly centered on the goal and ready to score, and then I'll have a dumbass teammate come in from the side and knock into the wall. Why? I'll tolerate stuff like that if you have Rookie under your name, because you haven't played much, but if you're Semi-Pro or higher, there's an implicit expectation that you understand the basics of how the game works by now.

Sorry man, but you're part of the problem.. Don't quit on a game. It's 5 minutes. Play, I don't care about your teammates.

Unicorn

Semi pro ain't shit. I've played for 4 hours and am semi pro but I still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I'm still getting a feel for timing and physics.

I ain't semi pro. I ain't rookie. I'm a piece of shit toddler learning to walk.

The Cowboy

Sorry man, but you're part of the problem.. Don't quit on a game. It's 5 minutes. Play, I don't care about your teammates.
Its really annoying isn't it, i was playing earlier and ended up in a match against a few very clear pro's who were communicating and doing things like flying across the pitch scoring goals, flying into the nets to save goals (seriously, some of it was Kronovi level stuff) - they were way out of my teams league.

After 2 minutes i was alone on my team with 2 AI until the last 30 seconds when i finally got another real player (I'm sure he was happy to join the match :D) - i got beat 12 - 0 but i stayed.

I never quit - unless the lag is so bad its unplayable (and I'll always make sure the server knows I'm going to leave).

IISANDERII

Can't believe how bad I've become at this game. I used to be really good, but my last 6 games or so I've just been absolutely horrible. I've missed sitters, missed easy clearances, flopped from kick off constantly. I don't know what's happened lol. Every kick off duel I seem to lose now with the ball either bouncing slowly into my net or bouncing at the perfect height for the opponent to knock it in. It's so frustrating because I lost a match 6-5 yesterday and every single one of the guys goals came from kick off. Bah.
I know exactly how you feel. I used to be great but now I'm so awful I'm afraid of playing because it's assured that I'll be a liability for my team. Feels like I can't do anything right whereas i was MVP in my first ever online match. Now I'm useless.

I don't know what's going on arrgh

v1lla21

Fuck quitters. Ive had people quit when losing in ranked doubles. I came back and won both games. Ive noticed that most qyutters are steam users too.

nicolajNN

You know what's almost as jarring as a really laggy match? The first game after a really laggy match, suddenly the normal feels weird

plc268

I don't think so. I'm not a sore loser in the slightest, but I'm not going to stick around in a match with a couple of people who don't know what they're doing because after a while. 5 minutes or not.

Keep in mind, out of hundreds of games, I've maybe quit... 5 times?

Semi pro ain't shit. I've played for 4 hours and am semi pro but I still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I'm still getting a feel for timing and physics.

I ain't semi pro. I ain't rookie. I'm a piece of shit toddler learning to walk.

I don't use the ranks as some sort of indicator of skill, I use it as an indicator of the familiarity of playing the game. Semi-pro suggests you've been playing a few hours, and means you should have a grasp on when to hit the ball and not to hit the ball.

This makes me sound like some super competitive tryhard, and I'm really not. I don't care if I win or lose... I care about playing fun matches.

Grinchy

Banned
If one more fucking player doesn't go for the fucking ball off kick-off when they fucking spawn in front of me. Jesus fuck.

People really have no clue what is going on with kickoffs. It's really not that difficult to understand, either. If you're starting off closer to the ball, then you can get there faster. How hard is that?

People really have no clue what is going on with kickoffs. It's really not that difficult to understand, either. If you're starting off closer to the ball, then you can get there faster. How hard is that?
If the player spawned in front of him and was closest to the ball, that means that he was playing a 2v2 in which the player may have assumed he was in a corner and closer to the ball. A lot of people just don't understand or care enough to notice the other team's positioning mirrors your team.

If anything though, his position there is supposed to be goalie in case the other team manages to get the ball during kickoff, so any goal scored is at his fault.

Valkrai

Its really annoying isn't it, i was playing earlier and ended up in a match against a few very clear pro's who were communicating and doing things like flying across the pitch scoring goals, flying into the nets to save goals (seriously, some of it was Kronovi level stuff) - they were way out of my teams league.

After 2 minutes i was alone on my team with 2 AI until the last 30 seconds when i finally got another real player (I'm sure he was happy to join the match :D) - i got beat 12 - 0 but i stayed.

I never quit - unless the lag is so bad its unplayable (and I'll always make sure the server knows I'm going to leave).

Props to you. Anyone I've face against would quit so hard if that happened. I can't blame them but the quitting has been annoying.

I'm almost thinking of skipping Solo Duel completely since I've had 3 forfeits back to back because of some scoring.

BokehKing

Banned
Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20
Yes, these basically changed the game for me in the best way possible, I didn't score any additional goals because of it, but it made an already enjoyable experience that much more enjoyable.

I don't use the ranks as some sort of indicator of skill, I use it as an indicator of the familiarity of playing the game. Semi-pro suggests you've been playing a few hours, and means you should have a grasp on when to hit the ball and not to hit the ball.

Semi-Pro isn't shit. It's not like bad players have a hard time reaching it. People think hitting is always good and missing is the only bad thing they could be doing. I'd say by Pro you should have a grasp and only clear away centering shots the odd time by accident.

Quitting sucks either way though, games are short and if you have to pick up your team's slack, it's good practice.

A partner I just played with in 2v2 was a real asshole. I'm the only one that scored goals on our team. I had way more points than him and was playing fine. We're losing and he all of a sudden writes fk you Gary as if the loss is my fault. I hate people so much sometimes.

Don't let it get to you.

Also don't judge people who aren't chasing goals. There are games where I dedicate myself to ramming and blowing up opponents so everyone else can score, since I see no one else is playing the block game. That's putting in work.

Yeah I had a a guy say "oh come the F*** on dude. Pay attention. You suck" because I missed the last save in OT. We lost 5-4 and I scored all 4 of our goals, had more saves, shots and over double their points. Some people are just assholes. I just replied "lol".

There are games where I dedicate myself to ramming and blowing up opponents so everyone else can score, since I see no one else is playing the block game. That's putting in work.

While I don't like focussing on blowing up other players, I totally agree that you can't judge people solely based on points. Quite often the most important player is the one who is keeping control in the midfield, they don't get clear/save points like a goalie and don't necessarily score much. I've had a good few games where theres been a player that I thought was fantastic and then they've been bottom of the scoreboard.
Conversely people who just smash into the ball at any time and in any direction quite often build up a lot of points from clears and centres despite completely throwing off their team.

You have no idea what happened that caused this, you just assume they are dumb.

If you think you've never "ruined" a team-mates goal you aren't paying attention or are playing 1v1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom