• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah, I always know I'm with a good player in 2v2 if every goal is followed by "Good shot!" "Thanks!"
I always do this and I'm disheartened when my teammate neither says thanks or does the same when I score. We're supposed to be a team, man. Good morale leads to good results.

Over 200k sold on Steam alone. This has to be a success for the devs!

This game has me wondering about games that debut on PS+. If one game is downloaded 10,000 times and another like Rocket League is downloaded 200,000 times, there must be an initial incentive and then additional money provided afterwards, depending how well it did. Am I in the right ballpark?

Our 1st round GAF tournament is about to get going once the final guy shows up:
Blahoholics vs Rockets to Riches
Watching people play without ball cam

CsjvdjN.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I've been playing with vsync off on PS4 lately and I'm starting to like it better this way. The framerate takes such a huge hit when it's not on one of the 2 well-performing maps. Turning vsync off helps in those instances IMO. It just depends on how much you hate screen tearing.

Ark

Over 200k sold on Steam alone. This has to be a success for the devs!

Holy shit, that's insane. As someone who stopped playing battle-cars because the online was dead, I'm so immensely happy that Rocket League has proved to be such a huge hit with people.

I'm looking forward to DLC maps for sure :)

I'm that asshole which hoards all the boost, explodes you then spams sorry if it's a lost game or a comfortable win.

I targeted a trash talker for 2 games today. Was high comedy.

If we find a group of people that stay in the server with us for a few matches. We pick a person with the best name, and target him the entire time for demos. Then we all spam the person's name over and over after every goal and intermission.

99% of the time, said person ends up playing along and we have demo wars going on.

Why does the ball need to explode every goal? It seems very silly. I think it would be better if the balls went down chutes to be recycled or repurposed. Exploding them seems like a giant waste.

The Cowboy

Why does the ball need to explode every goal? It seems very silly. I think it would be better if the balls went down chutes to be recycled or repurposed. Exploding them seems like a giant waste.

What!!!, we need more explosions - score a goal and make it so the ball blows up and every player on the other team who didn't score to :D.

Skyzard

Banned
What!!!, we need more explosions - score a goal and make it so the ball blows up and every player on the other team who didn't score to :D.

Oh I like this.

It's awesome, it sends the car back flying even after going full speed at the goal. It's perfect. Otherwise it's just a ball going in a sort of net and maybe bouncing out.

GodofWine

It has to explode because it is full of cute fuzzy kittens, and we wouldn't want them to get out now would we...?

I hope I just made the exploding ball that much worse for you :)

catspit

How the hell can I get better at this game.. I miss almost all my shots :d.. What are some good camera settings and fov etc. for someone having issues

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
It sucks that your save file got corrupted. It really does.

But this is probably the best game in the world to lose your save. All you've lost are cosmetics. In terms of ranking, worst case scenario you get to play some easier games as you build your rank back up.

Personally I don't care if you ever play the game again, but you're making this out to be a bigger deal than it truly is. Who cares how many goals you had? Who cares if you had a sombrero hat?

Unless you were ranked top 10 in the world or something, none of that matters. It's all about playing the game itself.

I understand that its all cosmetic, but its more of the fact that this is another broken aspect of this game. The stats is what really ticked me off, I was on my way to pro, I unlocked so much stuff (sure its cosmetic, but its still something that I worked for).

I care how many goals I had, I play a lot of sports games, these things matter to me. I don't simply play just to play, I like the game for the competitive aspects

Grinchy

Banned
How the hell can I get better at this game.. I miss almost all my shots :d.. What are some good camera settings and fov etc. for someone having issues

Do the training things on All-Star. Try the goalie one, for example. If you can't block the same shot 5 times in a row, then you need to keep practicing until you can.

Striker will help you hit moving targets. If you can't hit the same shot 5 times in a row....ect. you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom