• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! The Rocket League Beta Montage with NeoGAF is our first 10K video!

11728879_857159657672188_2721514548438606844_o.jpg

Just played 2 hours of private 4v4 with some buddies, most fun I've had in a while. Reminds me of the SNES days when local co-op was big.
You know... that is a GREAT way to describe how RL feels. It reminds me of doing WCW or Goldeneye 64 back in the day in a group of 4. Hours of child-like fun and hard to put down.

Played this for the time time this weekend with my brother in law and two nephews. Such a blast. The kids even had fun messing around in the training mode for like two hours. Reminded me a good Wii/Nintendo multiplayer experience. Very easy to pick up but the move set is deep if you want to dig into it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
You can't really play with randos anymore.

The server join system is a shit-show. When I search play, I'm thrown into a game in progress, with 40 seconds left on the clock, and my team down 6-0. Then after I get the L, everyone drops out before the next round and I'm sent back to the main menu to go through that again.

Not sure how they can fix this (maybe don't replace AI with joining players in the final minute of games?), but it just makes me not want to play when my friends are offline.

Edit: Or better yet, penalize people for dropping out of games!

The Cowboy

Not sure how they can fix this (maybe don't replace AI with joining players in the final minute of games?), but it just makes me not want to play when my friends are offline.

Edit: Or better yet, penalize people for dropping out of games!
These are my 2 biggest gripes online, quitters and joining a game that is almost over to then have everyone leave after the match making me search again.

The matching making system should be set to make it so if there is under 2 minutes left in a match, it won't join you to that match. And they should be make it so leaving 1 or 2 games in a set time does nothing, but after that if you leave during a match you get a penalty - be it XP or simply a "due to leaving to many online games within xyz amount of time, you can't join an online game for xyz number of seconds".

The latter option is a tricky one, you do it to harshly and it may affect the number of people who will still play the game, you to it to leniently and you get what we already have now (quitters) - but something really needs to be done about quitters.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The latter option is a tricky one, you do it to harshly and it may affect the number of people who will still play the game, you to it to leniently and you get what we already have now (quitters) - but something really needs to be done about quitters.

Simply remove the option to quit from the menu.

If someone has to quit, make them back out and close the application, and have to sit through loading the software again.

These are my 2 biggest gripes online, quitters and joining a game that is almost over to then have everyone leave after the match making me search again.

The matching making system should be set to make it so if there is under 2 minutes left in a match, it won't join you to that match. And they should be make it so leaving 1 or 2 games in a set time does nothing, but after that if you leave during a match you get a penalty - be it XP or simply a "due to leaving to many online games within xyz amount of time, you can't join an online game for xyz number of seconds".

All good points but XP is next to useless and nobody cares about it.

Hikami

Has Psyonix said anything about fixing the km thing not tracking online?

One of the few trophies I'm missing and would rather just get it by playing matches than doing the rubber band thing..

I usually hate playing team based games online, just never seems to work out. I have had nothing but the best experience with Rocket League online. Just a ton of fun to play, every match a nail biter, no one outwardly playing just to troll with other players; just good games all around.

So my friend and I were down 3-0, and I was playing absolutely terrible, I even stole his goal and didn't score (that's where the video starts out). Eventually, we're down 4-0 with one minute left, and that's where the magic starts.
https://youtu.be/cXWvzcJBPx8

Stuff like this! Incredible game!

Trouble

Banned
Play a match and end up with 2 bot teammates. They block no less than 3 guaranteed goals from their own teammate, me. Also, they self score twice. We get rekt, I forget the score.

Play a match with 2 humans against 3 bots. They make ridiculous half and full field goals. I get 5 blocks, including 2 epic saves. We lose 10-2.

Play a match and end up with 2 bot teammates. They block no less than 3 guaranteed goals from their own teammate, me. Also, they self score twice. We get rekt, I forget the score.

Play a match with 2 humans against 3 bots. They make ridiculous half and full field goals. I get 5 blocks, including 2 epic saves. We lose 10-2.

Same here. When I was playing non ranked the bots on the other team were like Terminators and the bots on mine were like R2-D2.

DBT85

Just play ranked until they sort that problem, if they sort it at all. Bots keep ruining multiplayer matches online for me.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Girlfriend hated this game at first but tonight it finally clicked for us and we had a great winning streak. Best split screen game ever now :D

Planet

No replacements.
Which they should at least slightly compensate somehow. Punish the quitters, but don't make it too harsh for those that are caused by network problems.

And distribute the Boost energy to the remaining players, in a 3vs3 the remaining 2 get 150 boost if one quits. If down to 1, give him 300 Boost. Still not a fair setup, but at least let them have some more fun. :)

Will F

Finally got around to playing this on the PS4 tonight, 4 hours later I think this is going to be on my GOTY short list. Haven't had such joy playing a game in years.

Has this game been crashing for anyone else? My game has crashed three times today under circumstances I really can't identify.

four times, absolutely spontaneous.

Allaur

I wasn't following the news so I have a question:
can I create and play a match with my friends who have PS4 version against my friends who have PC version? (I know that you can't have PS4 player and PC player in one team, but I want to play PS4 team VS PC team)

I know that game has crossplay but for some reason I thought that it worked only for random matches.

Hasney

I wasn't following the news so I have a question:
can I create and play a match with my friends who have PS4 version against my friends who have PC version? (I know that you can't have PS4 player and PC player in one team, but I want to play PS4 team VS PC team)

I know that game has crossplay but for some reason I thought that it worked only for random matches.

It does only work in random matches for now. There's a patch coming, hopefully by the end of the month, that will let private matches with PC and PS4 work.

Allaur

It does only work in random matches for now. There's a patch coming, hopefully by the end of the month, that will let private matches with PC and PS4 work.

Oh, I see. For some reason after reading reddit I got an impression that it's already possible. Then back to random matches for now.
Thanks for help.

DarkTom

Hi GAF ! I just bought a PS4 a discovered this game through the PS+ free trial (I heard about it on GAF) and it's absolutely awesome ! It's my GOTY so far, Splatoon is no more #1.

I have only one problem : it's so hard to stop playing.

Awesome 2v2 with cr_blah_blah tonight. He's a great sport for putting up with my drunkeness, but we actually did pretty well all things considered

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
the 1v1 in this game is surprisingly amazing. that and 2v2 are by far the best ways to play

DBT85

Which they should at least slightly compensate somehow. Punish the quitters, but don't make it too harsh for those that are caused by network problems.

And distribute the Boost energy to the remaining players, in a 3vs3 the remaining 2 get 150 boost if one quits. If down to 1, give him 300 Boost. Still not a fair setup, but at least let them have some more fun. :)

They are doing something about quitters. The only thing I can think for uneven teams would be to not have the outcome affect your rank.

I lost 7-1 the other day after my team mate quit at 2-0.

But then I had another match yesterday where the same thing happened and I beat them 5-4. Lol. I kept getting the ball into the area just in front of goal and they kept scoring own goals when trying to clear.

So much fun either way.

I've also set my video recording to be 1 minute rather than the standard 15 so I can easily find my random moments of foolishness or awesomeness to add to my video collection!

Need a theme for the editor though.

I think we should have a wishlist running
  1. Stop the quitters
  2. Theme for Share Factory
  3. Go direct from ranked to ranked without quitting to menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom