• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorheez

I forgot that the most important thing when playing this game is to just have fun. I was becoming too competitive and losing sight of that. Gonna get back on track tonight.

I keep getting completely random horrid ping. One match will be smooth as butter and I'll have a ping of like 24 then the next match I'll be spiking up to over 300. Even on the same apparent server location (USEast). It's quite infuriating when you let your team down because you can hardly keep track of which direction you're heading in.

Is it a local issue or is this happening to others as well? Playing on PS4.

My teammates most matches:

HdwzckV.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How come I never seem to be getting a ranking...? My skill rating is increasing, but my ranking just says --. Do I have to get over a certain skill rating to be worthy of a ranking?

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't played a lot of 2v2 ranked. My rank is like 950. My friend's rank is like 1350. When we play together and he hosts, it matches us up with like the top 20 players on the leaderboard almost every time. When I host, it matches us up with roughly the top 100.

What I find so confusing about the ranking system is that when we beat these top 100 players, my rank goes up like 1-3 points. When we lose, my rank goes down ~15 points. If I play alone, I get matched up with horrible players and my rank goes up 10-20 points on a win.

However the ranking system works, it has made it pretty much useless for me to play with my friend in 2v2.

You actually are still traveling 500km. My trophy popped when my 'Recent Activities' showed that I just passed 500km. Its just that the stats aren't reported properly in game. My game had something like 60-80km when it popped.

This. I saw in my recent activity when I had driven 100km, then 250, then 500. It's the in game that tracked that is bugged

Lunar FC

You can have a rank of "Rookie"? All the other people I'm seeing in the leaderboards just have a number. You know, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. Because it's a ranking. There's not even enough space for the word "Rookie" there.

Ah my bad, I got you now. Yeah I just think us peasants are good enough to deserve a number.

why the hell is the bangladeshi flag not available. they have the pakistani flag but not bangladeshi???

i'm just using the japanese one.

They mentioned their selection process in a Tweet about it when someone was trying to say they were taking a stance on the "Arab-Israeli feud". They're adding flags next patch then more the following patch, they mentioned recently.

ShazzarLoL: @RocketLeague Don't forget the Flag of Palestine. Your political stance on the Arab-Israeli feud is currently controversial.

RocketLeague: @ShazzarLoL It shouldn't be, it isn't political. We selected teams that were Top 100 FIFA, in 2014 World Cup, or has unique PSN store.

RocketLeague: @ShazzarLoL (And not all Top 100 FIFA teams made it in time either.)

People on Twitter get real upset about their flags. There's nothing cool about a country flag. Unless it's the Pirate one. I use the Smiley Face ball.

Is anyone else experiencing strange lag? I never had a problem until last night where i'd be in a match and my car would start jittering and sharply jumping back and forth real quick. The ball some times does the same thing. It even disappears and reappears, even though on the same trajectory. My ping is always green too so I don't know why this is happening. It's barley playable since I cant really line anything up.

DjRalford

Is anyone else experiencing strange lag? I never had a problem until last night where i'd be in a match and my car would start jittering and sharply jumping back and forth real quick. The ball some times does the same thing. It even disappears and reappears, even though on the same trajectory. My ping is always green too so I don't know why this is happening. It's barley playable since I cant really line anything up.

I've had that a few times, on one match i was through on goal with the ball literally feet away from scoring and it started jumping me around the arena, next thing i know the other team scores.

Obscured

Finally had a chance to go through the tutorials. Not sure how much i'll get to jump on, but I can tell this is going to be a blast once I get the feel for it. Reminds me of some of those old RC games. Everything about the movement is so good.

Strange, I noticed the same thing tonight. Was unplayable at times.

Vitor711

OK - so the thing where the ball cam suddenly flips out and turns just as you're about to hit it head on - any way to change that? I've missed A LOT of goals because of that.

Curufinwe

I have rubber bands on my left stick and R2 and my car driving in a circle in a split screen 2-player game. Hopefully when I wake up I'll have the Far Far Away trophy.

Allforce

Just had a game against randoms (and I had 2 bots on my team), won 10-2 and I had 7 goals and 3 assists. Should have had 8-9 but my bot-teammate "Renegade" pushed two in that were clearly my shot.

I really need to team up with some people here, I think I could go absolutely bonkers with some actual voice chat and coordination/tactics.

The addiction is real and so is the escalation. It went from, "need to win a game" before bed to, "need to score a goal and win" to, "need to score an aerial goal". My God does it feel amazing when you fly your little shit mobiles across half the map just to dink in a ball above everyone's head. I also had a half court bicycle earlier. Will need to save some gifs tomorrow. Oh yeah, the drought streaks are also real. Had a few matches where I couldn't hit shit. The game definitely requires concentration to play well.

AcridMeat

Banned
Awesome session today. I made one of my favorite goals I've ever scored in the tournament.
plxuLl.gif

p-R6hX.gif

Shitty quality, I also made a clip on twitch itself, but WARNING loud hype reaction. I've made aerial goals before but this had a couple added layers that got me so excited.

Was going through a real rough stretch in 1v1 the last couple days, and really in need of a win. Eventually I got matched with a newbie. Easy victory--he was having a hard go of it, giving up those piddly scores where you nudge the ball in slowly from the corner of the goal, things like that.

But he was so nice! After every goal, no matter how weak, he always said "Wow! Nice shot!" And he seemed so happy when he got a score, I wanted to see him win. So I kind of jerry-rigged a 7-7 tie (it took at least one really terribly obvious own goal that I just couldn't disguise properly with time running down). And I faked a really terrible leaping shot to give him a wide open lane for the overtime victory. He seemed so psyched, and it felt great! I was so happy for him!

And then I lost a rank.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had a blast today. It's safe to say it reminds me of when I use to race the pinewood derby. It's also a great way to get back into soccer.

Dumb question. PS4. I noticed the different cars are not "tracking" wins in the garage menu as I assume they're meant to. Is unlocking Sweet Tooth not possible until the wins start registering in this menu?

Lunar FC

Dumb question. PS4. I noticed the different cars are not "tracking" wins in the garage menu as I assume they're meant to. Is unlocking Sweet Tooth not possible until the wins start registering in this menu?

Na, I believe all you need to do is play a match with every car. Worked for me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom