• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatMan

Dumb question. PS4. I noticed the different cars are not "tracking" wins in the garage menu as I assume they're meant to. Is unlocking Sweet Tooth not possible until the wins start registering in this menu?

Wins from online games don't track in the garage window. You have to play exhibition or season games.

RocketLeague: BTW, important fix coming in our next patch: Stat tracking for online games will properly record for their correlating Garage items

Yay.

nib95

Banned
Most of my cousins are playing this (I have quite a few lol). Pretty surprised. Still haven't had a chance to give it a go yet, but I've watched some of them play it and it looks crazy fun.

GobFather

Most of my cousins are playing this (I have quite a few lol). Pretty surprised. Still haven't had a chance to give it a go yet, but I've watched some of them play it and it looks crazy fun.
Played with my destiny clan last night since we got burned out from destiny. .... It was super fun. It's more like a party game. We ended up spending hours on it lol. You will have fun with your cousins!

Hey guys, I just got the super hot fire scoop. Far, Far Away trophy is being fixed so you can earn it online with the next patch. Rubber bands around the world, rejoice.

blahoholic: @RocketLeague Is the "Far, Far Away" trophy going to be possible to earn online post-patch?

RocketLeague: @blahoholic Yup

IvanJ

Banned
Hey guys, I just got the super hot fire scoop. Far, Far Away trophy is being fixed so you can earn it online with the next patch. Rubber bands around the world, rejoice.

blahoholic: @RocketLeague Is the "Far, Far Away" trophy going to be possible to earn online post-patch?

RocketLeague: @blahoholic Yup
Hell-alujah!
That is the last trophy I am missing. There was no chance I was going to bother with offline playing, I thought I will never get it.
Now I can finally platinum the game 100% legit.

Unicorn

This game makes me so tense. My back and shoulders are so sore from tensing every time I try to make a shot or do anything. Ugh

Genryu

Banned
So is there no penalty to just being a fucker in Ranked matches?

3 matches in a row on 2v2:

1 guy AFK and times out
1 guy rage quit after a goal from the starting kick
1 guy says "GL teammate I'm not playing this round" and just drives around in circles.

So is there no penalty to just being a fucker in Ranked matches?

3 matches in a row on 2v2:

1 guy AFK and times out
1 guy rage quit after a goal from the starting kick
1 guy says "GL teammate I'm not playing this round" and just drives around in circles.

Nothing yet. Speaking of being a fucker, I had a teammate pout after I sent "Nice Shot!" when he put the ball in our net. He just drove around while I played 1 vs 2. I was really surprised I won since I was playing terribly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VZF_eD_wM

Orgun

This game makes me so tense. My back and shoulders are so sore from tensing every time I try to make a shot or do anything. Ugh

Haha yup, I can only play like five games before I have to take a break because my hands are so sore from gripping the pad.

StNd

From Rocket League Twitter:

'One of the things we find exciting: Millions of Rocket League players and there are still secrets that no one seems to have found yet :)'

Did anyone find 1 secret in this game? I know of the moneytrail (has a picture on it from an other game of theirs), but that's it.

Curufinwe

Hell-alujah!
That is the last trophy I am missing. There was no chance I was going to bother with offline playing, I thought I will never get it.
Now I can finally platinum the game 100% legit.

I got it at 5am thanks to rubber bands. I had about 45 miles on my Vortex tires at that point, and around 50 miles total on all my tires combined.

Moobabe

Man - we just tied a game 3-3 after 5 minutes then went into a SIX MINUTE overtime game and eventually won.

This game. I'm so sweaty now.

Moobabe

Those are the moments this game really shines. Extended OTs are so damn tense.

Both teams were playing like shit all game - but all of a sudden the risk taking ceases, people tighten up and the pressure starts to build. This game is so damn good.

Speaking of being a fucker, I had a teammate pout after I sent "Nice Shot!" when he put the ball in our net. He just drove around while I played 1 vs 2. I was really surprised I won since I was playing terribly.

Go in to 2v2 ranked...garbage teammate. Sits AFK for first goal. Plays poorly after that, I get us back in the game. Tied 2-2. He then does a awful own goal. I give him a, "WOW" on chat. So he just holds still the next two kick offs in protest. Finally the wanker leaves, and I nearly clawed back a 1v2 win, but it was too much and I lost.

Not that I condone or would do such a protest in-game myself, I still can't stand when people say assholey sarcastic things like that for what accounts to honest mistakes. I hate when online game communities are snarky and bitchy for no good reason. This game of all should be welcoming and fun for anyone involved. Plus it's still fresh and everyone is learning the ropes.

Was going through a real rough stretch in 1v1 the last couple days, and really in need of a win. Eventually I got matched with a newbie. Easy victory--he was having a hard go of it, giving up those piddly scores where you nudge the ball in slowly from the corner of the goal, things like that.

But he was so nice! After every goal, no matter how weak, he always said "Wow! Nice shot!" And he seemed so happy when he got a score, I wanted to see him win. So I kind of jerry-rigged a 7-7 tie (it took at least one really terribly obvious own goal that I just couldn't disguise properly with time running down). And I faked a really terrible leaping shot to give him a wide open lane for the overtime victory. He seemed so psyched, and it felt great! I was so happy for him!

This man has it.

I guess I'm just a carebear

Linius

CooperativeFriendlyCrocodileskink.gif

http://gfycat.com/CooperativeFriendlyCrocodileskink

This was my first (and so far only) aerial goal from last week
Qn7jPOo.png

EVO

Ranked matches really shouldn't start until each player has joined. I just lost a bunch of points all because I was on a team of 2 vs 3.

Technically AI could be better than the people you match made with.

just bought this game with a friend, we're both very terrible, and AI frequently create lopsided games. They're much better than us at this stage.

Could've sworn some guy named Buzz was stalking us at first though, was pretty funny.

Putosaure

The lack of music playing during the matches is weird. I listen to things like Prodigy to pump me up.

Last night I realised that I had to be more careful when I rush towards the opponents goal, because I usually end unpurposely stealing scores to other players by pushing the ball close to the goal. So now when someone get a shot that's headed to score, I stay sure that I protect the ball from the opponents, so the shooter get its points.

Skyzard

Banned
It's bradx0r.

Jeff: GiantBombing
Vinny: mindcavity
Alex: Lexicon81
Austin: WreckTheLaw
Dan: ExileOnMassSt

They did a east coast vs west coast stream, fun stuff!

Nice! Forgot about that, ended up watching it again.

The lack of music playing during the matches is weird. I listen to things like Prodigy to pump me up.

I thought there was a lack of music too but whenever I watch other people playing in videos something that sounds in-game seems to be playing..

Not that I condone or would do such a protest in-game myself, I still can't stand when people say assholey sarcastic things like that for what accounts to honest mistakes. I hate when online game communities are snarky and bitchy for no good reason. This game of all should be welcoming and fun for anyone involved. Plus it's still fresh and everyone is learning the ropes.

Oh come on, I think you're being a bit oversensitive. It's just a bit of friendly shit talk. It's when you're being called a "fucking ni**er" like I was the other night you can realistically get mad.

Hi GAF, can someone help me with a local mulitplayer question? I invited a friend over yesterday and we played some splitscreen games. However when we wanted to play online 2v2, it says that the 2nd player needs to be logged in on PSN.. (Before that he was just a guest and we skipped the psn sign up). So we started making an account for him etc. Then we try again and the game says he needs PS+ ?? Is this for real? We activated his free 48hlurs PS+... And played. But really is that necessarry to play 2v2 online dith splitscreen? I was really surprised.

Also while playing, at some point i saw a 2player team with the same nickname for example player 1 was 'nick' and player 2 was 'nick(2)'... I searched forever and couldnt find how to it without the game constantly asking to log in to PSN for my friend. If someone lnows what I'm talking about, please let me know what to do! Thanks

Technically AI could be better than the people you match made with.

The game should just put Merlin in then to replace all ranked quitters ;P

I guess I'm just a carebear

The most fun I've had was just teaming with a random and going 'Nice Shot!' and 'Great Pass!' and just saying 'Thanks!' when scoring and going 'Nooooo!' or 'No Problem' when conceding. It was just simple fun. The Cannibal, if you're out there, that was great fun!

If you see people play like that you immediately know what kind of game it's going to be. I usually just go directly into defense.

Yep...even in 3v3 if both of your teammates are doing that, just hang back towards midfield and wait for them to bank one in front of the net by accident. haha

Last night I was playing 2v2 with a friend who had never played before. The opposing team scored to make it 3-0 with 15 seconds to play. Game over, right? Within a few seconds of kick-off I managed to squeeze one in for a nice moral victory goal, or so I thought. 12 seconds to play. The ball bounces around a few times and somehow squeezes through both opposing players, giving me an open shot. I score with 1 second left on the clock. I take off towards the ball on kick off and nail it full speed without jumping, and for some reason neither of our opponents challenged for it! The ball nails the top corner and ties the game 3-3. After a solid 3 minutes of OT I finally force a cross into the middle and my friend finishes it off for his first ever RL goal.

Pretty incredible feeling, to say the least!

TheDanimal

Hi GAF, can someone help me with a local mulitplayer question? I invited a friend over yesterday and we played some splitscreen games. However when we wanted to play online 2v2, it says that the 2nd player needs to be logged in on PSN.. (Before that he was just a guest and we skipped the psn sign up). So we started making an account for him etc. Then we try again and the game says he needs PS+ ?? Is this for real? We activated his free 48hlurs PS+... And played. But really is that necessarry to play 2v2 online dith splitscreen? I was really surprised.

Also while playing, at some point i saw a 2player team with the same nickname for example player 1 was 'nick' and player 2 was 'nick(2)'... I searched forever and couldnt find how to it without the game constantly asking to log in to PSN for my friend. If someone lnows what I'm talking about, please let me know what to do! Thanks
Your friend should be able to play without PS Plus, is your PS4 set as primary? Also, this happened to me too, and I backed out of rocket league and rebooted it and it worked fine.
For your second question, I have absolutely no idea, for I spent a while trying to find out too. It doesn't seem to work...

DarkTom

Last night I was playing 2v2 with a friend who had never played before. The opposing team scored to make it 3-0 with 15 seconds to play. Game over, right? Within a few seconds of kick-off I managed to squeeze one in for a nice moral victory goal, or so I thought. 12 seconds to play. The ball bounces around a few times and somehow squeezes through both opposing players, giving me an open shot. I score with 1 second left on the clock. I take off towards the ball on kick off and nail it full speed without jumping, and for some reason neither of our opponents challenged for it! The ball nails the top corner and ties the game 3-3. After a solid 3 minutes of OT I finally force a cross into the middle and my friend finishes it off for his first ever RL goal.

Pretty incredible feeling, to say the least!

Wow that should be intense.

Oh come on, I think you're being a bit oversensitive. It's just a bit of friendly shit talk. It's when you're being called a "fucking ni**er" like I was the other night you can realistically get mad.

There's nothing friendly about it from randoms.

And it's bad enough how awful I feel when I screw up and score an own-goal or miss an easy save, I don't need random people I don't know piling on.

If it's actual friends then that's totally different of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom