• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

idk why people do this. i got that trophy before i unlocked everything. if you play seasons with the same tire you'll get both trophies at around the same time. i think i had 60 miles on the tomahawk tire when i got the trophy and you need to play like 160 some matches to unlock everything. just enjoy the game and you'll get the trophies naturally.

Yeah, but you probably played all your games offline. I have no interest in playing this game offline. I only played offline at launch because online wasn't functioning.

I hope the 500km issue is resolved in an upcoming patch. Not only is it impossible to keep track of how much you have driven so far, but it only applies to offline play as well.
The counter works just fine, but only in offline. Try to get the trophy now before they patch it and you actually have to travel the 500 km. Almost everyone I know has gotten the trophy around the 75 km mark with one set of wheels. Also keep in mind that the counter works with miles not kms.

BumRush

This is me pretty much:
gl1jaSP.gif

I'm laughing uncomfortably hard at my desk.

Traffcore

At the moment the trophy is glitched, but in a good way. You dont have to travel 500 km, only about 70-80 km but it has to be with the same set of wheels.

Just start a 1v1 exhibition match with no bots and use two rubberbands on your controller. One for the R2 button and one for the left stick.

Two sessions of about 4-5 hours of leaving the game running did the trick for me.

Gotta buy some rubberbands then. What would you not do to get a platinum right? Lol.

TMC

The counter works just fine, but only in offline. Try to get the trophy now before they patch it and you actually have to travel the 500 km. Almost everyone I know has gotten the trophy around the 75 km mark with one set of wheels. Also keep in mind that the counter works with miles not kms.

Read what I posted above. Everybody is still traveling 500km.

idk why people do this. i got that trophy before i unlocked everything. if you play seasons with the same tire you'll get both trophies at around the same time. i think i had 60 miles on the tomahawk tire when i got the trophy and you need to play like 160 some matches to unlock everything. just enjoy the game and you'll get the trophies naturally.

Oh I'm definitely enjoying the game. But as it has been said before. Online games dont count for the trophy. And that is where you get the most fun out of the game imo.

LAM09

I've used a variety of wheels, so I'll have to check how much I have driven so far.

Traffcore

This is what is bugging me, because there does not seem to be a clear answer on the matter. I enjoy the game online and the offline mode does not do it for me. I will probably go with the rubberband method to be sure.

LordofPwn

Yeah, but you probably played all your games offline. I have no interest in playing this game offline. I only played offline at launch because online wasn't functioning.

Did seasons to get better at the game. with server issues, me being midwest and ping never being great, and typically none of my friends online when im on. it just made sense.

Xater

This is what is bugging me, because there does not seem to be a clear answer on the matter. I enjoy the game online and the offline mode does not do it for me. I will probably go with the rubberband method to be sure.

No, there is a clear answer: online doesn't track. Otherwise I would have gotten it by no considering how much I have played.

TMC

Did seasons to get better at the game. with server issues, me being midwest and ping never being great, and typically none of my friends online when im on. it just made sense.

Yeah, that makes sense for your situation. It just isn't optimal for everyone. I would hate to grind offline games for that trophy. This is why I also did the rubber band trick.

I wonder if the online tracking was disabled during the server issues, or became bugged as a result. I remember the other week even as servers were being fixed, the online players counter was disabled as well. I am not a programmer, but I have had to fuck with enough noisy SQL databases that every little query adds up and having to keep track of all the player distances was probably first on the chopping block of freeing up resources.

I am in no rush to get platinum. It will come naturally. I still bang out a season match here and there, and as soon as the online distance tracking kicks in, I will have it in no time.

LordofPwn

Yeah, that makes sense for your situation. It just isn't optimal for everyone. I would hate to grind offline games for that trophy. This is why I also did the rubber band trick.

i guess i enjoy season mode more than most. reminds me of the old days of playing sports games like NHL '95 or blitz 2000.

Pepiope

Getting lag on every game now. Game isn't playable with a latency of 200+
lag is nothing compared to that invisible player glitch on PC. Having a shot lined up and then some invisible player whacks one right by you for a goal. I thought it was my fault at first too. Haha.

Loving this game but everytime I play online my PC freezes mid match and I have to hard reset. It sounds like some others are having issues and other people are fine. Anyone have any advice on getting this to work on PC? Offline seems ok until I checked the leaderboards...

Fou-Lu

Loving this game so far. Haven't ventured online, but some friends have and they are doing really really well.

Super happy it has local multiplayer, might be my new party game.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of winning games, but I kinda wish that you'd get more points for defending / playing goalie. I've been playing strictly defense lately and I end up with 0 points but having hella saves and keeping the ball in the other side of the court (which I like to think helps win games more easily). The downside is I end up at the bottom of the team score wise. Every time.

*Edit* I should clarify that I don't end up with ZERO points, but zero goals, thus few points. Typically only around 100 or 200 even if the team crushes it.

Moobabe

The crashes and invis players in the PC version are really bumming me out - didn't seem to have any of those problems on the PS4 though.

Vorheez

Ahhh, don't you guys love it when you think you're good at a game, when really you're just trash? Thought I was a good player last night when I shut the game down. Had some nice compliments and was feeling confident about myself...

Turned the game on today and had my ass handed to me worse than I've arguably ever been beaten before in a video game. Utterly destroyed. I lost five in a row, and was so upset I almost put my controller through my TV.

Gotta love video games.

mauaus

Gotta buy some rubberbands then. What would you not do to get a platinum right? Lol.

I used a couple of my wife´s hairbands and felt like Mcgyver doing it :D

AFAIK it doesnt have to be the same wheels mine unlocked with 50k on one set of wheels and a few kms more spread on several other wheels

aro52

Ahhh, don't you guys love it when you think you're good at a game, when really you're just trash? Thought I was a good player last night when I shut the game down. Had some nice compliments and was feeling confident about myself...

Turned the game on today and had my ass handed to me worse than I've arguably ever been beaten before in a video game. Utterly destroyed. I lost five in a row, and was so upset I almost put my controller through my TV.

Gotta love video games.

I experience this not day by day, but game by game! One game, I'm nailing aerials. The next, I'm whiffing on the ground. Still always fun!

HA! People get so mad when they play against a team that has a goalie while they all chase the ball around like toddlers playing soccer and get easily get scored upon.

Indeed! Having a goalie [or at least someone lingering back a bit] really is key.

HA! People get so mad when they play against a team that has a goalie while they all chase the ball around like toddlers playing soccer and get easily get scored upon.

Afrikan

I'm the guy that goes and blows that muthafucka up every now and then, when possession is in the area.

AcridMeat

Banned
You could have a shootout after the time runs out in OT to declare a winner.
Oh man, Rocket League penalty kicks would be awesome.
That would be hilarious and great.
Made an amazing save just a little bit ago, I was so excited \o/
Wow awesome save.

Our games for the GAF Tourney are gonna be pretty soon. I'll post a link to my stream once it's up.
edit: Gonna be in a few minutes actually!

waypoetic

Banned

I got "harrassed" by a dude in the other team, blowing me up over and over again, so i wrote "wtf dude? play the ball" and he went "stop camping the goal then".

:')

Three

Has anybody else noticed that the wrong name is shown on a replay? I saved a replay and when I was watching it I noticed that my car had a teammate's name instead of mine.

DBT85

Has anybody else noticed that the wrong name is shown on a replay? I saved a replay and when I was watching it I noticed that my car had a teammate's name instead of mine.

How can you be sure you don't just have multiple personalities and it was one of them playing on his account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom