• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I feel like I'm getting worse in this game the more I play haha... I wonder if it's because I'm now ranked Semi-Pro so I get matched up with other Semi-Pro. Everybody plays a bit better in Semi-Pro compared to Rookie :(

Here's a recording of my gameplay and if anybody got any suggestions on techniques or whatever, please do let me know. I just started watching Team Rocket/Kronovi's tutorial video to see if I can learn something from there :p

it blows my mind how many bugs and issues this game has and yet the core gameplay is amazing and untainted so it's able to sustain itself and live on.

anyone notice the center of the field is a pokeball?

I haven't noticed many bugs and glitches in my playtime yet.

As for the bolded, do you even watch soccer?....

Nah I don't either, I just looked up a soccer field and they normally have Pokeballs

MizzouRah

So uh

In the GAF rocket league tourney, my friend
and best person on our team orz
is unavailable for a few days due to unfortunate events, so uh...d-does anyone who's good want to sub in for him for a match soon? Trying to set it up for uh noon-3 tomorrow CST if I can.

Thanks if anyone is willing!

I'm down if you still need help. Which system?

Vitor711

So uh

In the GAF rocket league tourney, my friend
and best person on our team orz
is unavailable for a few days due to unfortunate events, so uh...d-does anyone who's good want to sub in for him for a match soon? Trying to set it up for uh noon-3 tomorrow CST if I can.

Thanks if anyone is willing!

I'd offer but I'm afraid that working a 9-5 makes things slightly awkward (based in NYC). Plus, I'm merely decent with amazing moments sprinkled occasionally, not as good as most here I'm sure.

I haven't noticed many bugs and glitches in my playtime yet.

As for the bolded, do you even watch soccer?....

Nah I don't either, I just looked up a soccer field and they normally have Pokeballs
They don't, actually. They are just a circle with the mid-line going across.

In Rocket League, the circle in the middle is two-toned and has a smaller circle right in the middle. Plus, Team Rocket, yo!

Soon. Patience, my son.

But I'm so excited.

...Time to hunt for these secrets that no one has found in the meantime.

I'm going to start by checking the ceilings in the game. Also, I've zoomed in on the Sweet Tooth truck...no secrets, just fair prices for ice creams and hot dogs. So don't think that I'm not looking for random things, because I am ;)

DBT85

I got my rank upto 250 in 2v2! Well happy with myself this morning. I had time for about 5 quick games and I was on fire. Not perfect but the one loss I had was very close. I don't feel like I get spanked now, unless potato team mate goes full retard.

Hoping that if I can nudge it higher still that I can move away from so many who want to touch every ball when I'm right there rather than taking up a good position for the loose ball.

Wait, I'm relatively new to the game (maybe played 30 online matches), but how do you tell they are AI?

The box that will usually have the players avatar will have "AI" written in it. They will also have very simple one word names.

If you're on the ps4, don't confuse these with steam players, they will sometimes have simple names too, but their avatar box will have a little person icon inside.

Kumquat

This game is actually a perfect platform for E-Sports broadcasting. Brilliant action, entertaining moves and tricks, and easy to commentate on. Would be easy and brilliant to see tournaments for this and the games are quick and action packed with just enough chaos and luck that the underdogs have a chance for victory. I can see this being on the pro scene easily and being fairly popular.

Hasney

This game is actually a perfect platform for E-Sports broadcasting. Brilliant action, entertaining moves and tricks, and easy to commentate on. Would be easy and brilliant to see tournaments for this and the games are quick and action packed with just enough chaos and luck that the underdogs have a chance for victory. I can see this being on the pro scene easily and being fairly popular.

Tournaments have already been going through the ESL. Check this out if you want to see a GAF team of BShadowJ, NicolaJNN and myself play in the debut EU tournament

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdsEH-yuWN8bVKaqa8vu4OCD50y4WLJGz

Can't wait until spectator mode is in and they can be broadcast properly.

DBT85

Omg. I just played another match. My team mate in 2v2 matched was gone before the game even started. I managed to win 4-2 by making good use of my opportunities and defending vigorously. Mwahahha

Another game right after, good team mate, 4-2 boom.

Rank 291. Never playing again as it can only go down lol.

red731

SometimesI have perfect random team mates, sometimes other team mates deem me as lower rank and a guy with autism, noobism, how did you get to this rankinsm and pls leavism.

Mrgamer

Started this game 2 days ago and endup getting decent at it.the problem after a while it gets me quite tired :) but is so much fun with a decent team.
my psn is v1br4t1ons so it me up for some games this evening gmt time.

BumRush

The box that will usually have the players avatar will have "AI" written in it. They will also have very simple one word names.

If you're on the ps4, don't confuse these with steam players, they will sometimes have simple names too, but their avatar box will have a little person icon inside.

Thank you. I feel like I haven't run across these yet but from reading on here it sounds very frequent.

Xyber

So I bought this game earlier today, currently have 6 hours in it. It's so good.

One very annoying problem I have is that it's locked to ~64FPS and if you unlock it the camera glitches out and it becomes almost unplayable. I just want to run this at 120FPS. :(

Linius

Scored another aerial goal tonight
p1kx90C.png

http://fat.gfycat.com/FrankBasicChinesecrocodilelizard.webm

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
People need to chillax when mistakes are made. Was playing 2v2 and I fucked up early leading us to go behind. Got a wow and a quit from my partner straight away. Turned in to a 1v2 match.....and I actually did pretty damn decently. Didn't get destroyed in the least. I lost but it was actually really close and if I'd have taken some of my chances the result could have even been different. The other team was real nice about it too and I even got cheered on when I scored lol.

Grinchy

Banned
I like the people who talk or type with so much snarky confidence and then they end up being horrible at the game. Beating them is so satisfying.

Ourobolus

Banned
Jesus. Just had the worst partner in ranked doubles. Insisted on defending and was horrible, wouldn't rush for the kickoff when he was on the side so they would always hit it first...gah. I had like three epic saves trying to keep his ass out of trouble.

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone get crashes from time to time on PC? Pretty rare but still, maybe 3 times in 30 hours...

Might be pushing this too hard at 4K which just clears the aliasing a bit. Sometimes I can play for hours but still that might be it. Usually happens between games though.

Btw ign nubs (they were jealous of some hat and had unlocked like 1 or 2 themselves so far) are doing a live stream of this, ah nvm, they're done now it seems.

Dang it. My NZ alt account's PS+ ran out so I had to re download and lost all my progress :(

Somehow still kept my ranked match ranking but lost everything else.

Oh well, I'll be playing this game for a long time to come so it'll all unlock again eventually. I have to admit it is fun seeing the reactions when I'm in a level 3 lobby and get an aerial shot in.

"Wow!"
"Wow!"
"Wow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom