• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenthar

Maaaaan this game is HYPE. Why did i have to get up so early ( 10AM EST ) gonna have to wait at least to 3PM EST for NA store HNNNGGGG

KIND OF glad the servers are down as I'm new and the season mode is really helping me get to grips with things.

It's surprisingly fun for a bot multiplayer thing.

I guess the satisfaction in this game is just getting your shit together enough to nail a ball hit, rather than some desperate need for competition.

Yudoken

I somehow can't downsample it, it doesn't show me resolutions other than 1080p and below (which is the native resolution but normally I use 1440p or higher).
DSR is on in Nvidia Settings and works for almost any other game.
Also, is there a way to force SLI on this?
This is an Unreal Engine 4 game and maybe there is already a profile out (like Unreal Tournament Alpha on UE4).
Would like to downsample from 4k and AA for the best visuals (2x 970/i7 4790k, 16gb DDR3).

Or does anybody have recommendations for Nvidia Inspector downsampling/Anti aliasing?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Because on some maps it is lower than 60 when things heat up. It's especially noticeable on a couple levels where it's night time and raining.

Not much of a dealbreaker and it's still very much playable, but the framerate on PS4 varies. Not sure how much disabling vsync would improve matters and I've only been playing 3 vs 3.

I'm sure they can optimise those pitches further and squeeze some more performance out of them. The devs don't seem like the type to just release a game and go "Fuck it, it's done". It's definitely not game breaking though, and that's coming from me and I'm super anal about performance. I tried 4v4 and the performance is a bit worse, but thankfully the game is too, 4v4 is just too busy so I'll be sticking to 3v3 anyway.

Sad about the downtime, I was so pumped to play. I want to unlock the Twisted Metal car! On the plus side, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition was just posted through my door so I may give that a go until the servers are back up.

ErichWK

I somehow can't downsample it, it doesn't show me resolutions other than 1080p and below (which is the native resolution but normally I use 1440p or higher).
DSR is on in Nvidia Settings and works for almost any other game.
Also, is there a way to force SLI on this?
This is an Unreal Engine 4 game and maybe there is already a profile out (like Unreal Tournament Alpha on UE4).
Would like to downsample from 4k and AA for the best visuals (2x 970/i7 4790k, 16gb DDR3).

Or does anybody have recommendations for Nvidia Inspector downsampling/Anti aliasing?

It's Unreal Engine 3

newsguy

So in my 5 straight hours of playing last night, here is what I remember:

"Nice shot!"
"Nice shot!"
"Nice shot!"
"#!%$!"
"OMG"
"Thanks!"
"Nice shot!"
--- has left the game

Vaga

I think the fan issue on PS4 is due to the fps being unlocked in menus, something to do with the ui made in autodesk scaleform known for shitty performance. It's not the only game with this problem.

I've also turned off vsync as there is a noticeable fps drop under certain conditions.

Ardenyal

2 trophies away from platinum.

I'm glad they went with easy plat to be honest. It'll get more people playing and before they know it they're hooked :D

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After playing for 6 hours straight and waking up to down servers this is how I feel:

nw1z7.jpg

Yaari

I'm happy I get to try this game. It really is quite fun. I wasn't interested but then everyone kept mentioning how much fun it is, so I'm glad to have it now. I'm horrible though.

Can you honk to celebrate goals?

Recall

I think the fan issue on PS4 is due to the fps being unlocked in menus, something to do with the ui made in autodesk scaleform known for shitty performance. It's not the only game with this problem.

I've also turned off vsync as there is a noticeable fps drop under certain conditions.

I used to keep my ps4 in a one of those pigeon holes in my entertainment centre and it just got too hot and the fan went inside. I've found a new more open home for my ps4 and it's crazy how much quieter it is, that fan is having no reason to run.

Brohan

It's alot of fun but pretty hard to get the hang of this, don't think i will be able to do any decent aerial moves for a while.

Also struggling with which camera to use at specific moments.

I set fov to max and increased the camera distance a bit, did anyone else do the same on ps4?

SxP

The game is a blast, but I suck. So many perfect opportunities for a nice aerial goal, and I soar past the ball every single time. At least I'm better than the AI, they only score by accident. Every time they shoot on purpose, they miss.

M.W.

Not on US store yet? Sigh...

Glad all you newcomers are enjoying this game. It's just so fun.

GeeTeeCee

It's a shame the servers are down, but at least I get to put in some practice in against the ai.

Turns out I'm quite rusty. I was only playing for about twenty minutes and already lost count of how many times I managed to sail past the ball rather than hit it. Maybe I need to try and wean myself off using ball cam and see if that helps.

These unlocks are so awesome.

Sort of wish they had more hidden for special requirements: getting the platinum, playing on PC, winning 100 games online, etc

Love the way everyone is always rewarded though: ion blue boost is so sexy.

Come home to download it on PSN... and its not up until 4 pm EST I guess.

So, as I intended when it was announced the PSN version was free, I doubled dipped and grabbed the Steam version as well. And servers are down.

Siiiiiiggghhhhhhh.

Got some practice in against the AI, Im very rusty. Did some 3v3 season Pro, and went 1-2. While Im not up to where I was in the second beta, my AI teammates appear to be the inbred family members of the enemy AI guys. Those guys are flying around, drilling shots, making saves, pushing like crazy, clearing the ball constantly, pretty much doing all the things my AI teammates appear to have very little interest in doing.

Looking forward to servers getting back up and playing with you guys! :)

Hedrush

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague
@GeoMoi_ PC and PS4 matchmaking is all about deepening the pool. A friend hooking up with a friend isn't currently possible... for now

Well that's very very disappointing. I want to play with MY friends not random 9 year olds.

Edit: it appears it's cross platform matchmaking they are talking about and you can play with your friends on PS4.

Dizzy-4U

Not one right now, gonna try a few different ones out but currently I'm a bit busy.
This game really needs some AA, downplaying and SLI support.

Try this for SLI: 0x42402005

It's been working fine for me. I'm testing AA flags right now and see what sticks.

Brohan

Well that's very very disappointing. I want to play with MY friends not random 9 year olds.

Yeah that sucks, wanted to play this with my friends tonight. I wonder what they mean when they say "for now". Today? This week? Or until next patch a month away or something.

SirDgby

Neo Member
Yeah that sucks, wanted to play this with my friends tonight. I wonder what they mean when they say "for now". Today? This week? Or until next patch a month away or something.

To be clear, they're talking about PC and PS4 cross platform matchmaking with friends... if you're on the same platform you can easily join the same games.

You might already know this but I just didn't want people to be mislead thinking you can only join with randoms if you're on the same platform. :)

Brohan

To be clear, they're talking about PC and PS4 cross platform matchmaking with friends... if you're on the same platform you can easily join the same games.

You might already know this but I just didn't want people to be mislead thinking you can only join with randoms if you're on the same platform. :)

Oh Sweet, Yeah I thought we were talking about a single platform. I had no idea, i just downloaded it and the servers are down so I'm still figuring things out.

Hope the servers are up tonight so that i can have some fun with my friends.

There's no current timeline for cross platform partying. We are patching in a way to do cross platform private matches soon.

Unfortunately cross-platform friends/party is a huge system and given we are both a small indie studio and weren't guaranteed cross-plat would even be approved, we chose to rely on Sony and Valve's systems instead. This brings a lot of reliability and allowed us to ship the game when we did, but rules out cross-plat partying unless we switch to a completely homegrown friends/party system. Right now that seems lower priority than other features on our plate like Ranked Teams, Tournaments, etc. but we're always listening to feedback.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
There's no current timeline for cross platform partying. We are patching in a way to do cross platform private matches soon.

Unfortunately cross-platform friends/party is a huge system and given we are both a small indie studio and weren't guaranteed cross-plat would even be approved, we chose to rely on Sony and Valve's systems instead. This brings a lot of reliability and allowed us to ship the game when we did, but rules out cross-plat partying unless we switch to a completely homegrown friends/party system. Right now that seems lower priority than other features on our plate like Ranked Teams, Tournaments, etc. but we're always listening to feedback.

any ETA for the servers?

In terms of priority, it's not something I wish you guys would focus on either

I always wanted the cross platform play for the population

Lots of better things to focus on. Tournaments would be fun, would love to see private match features like mutators and season mode colour options for online

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
And every instruction he needed were writen in the post.

Finaly downloaded the game, now the patch and we can begin!

It is really sad, isn't it?

Yeah, trying to download Bloodbourne and its sat at 99+ hours :(

Why is it doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom