• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Cinefilo

Can see myself spending A LOT off time on this, only been playing the single player so far and loving it. It's probably because I'm on rookie while I get used to it but my only niggle is that it seems a bit too easy to score directly from the kick off, You boost to get there first and can just hit it over everyone else in the goal more often than not. I'm guessing/hoping that on the higher difficulties the computer stays back for kick off.

bloody

I just unlocked Sweet Tooth.
I think you need to win a game with every car.
OMcg0m1l.jpg

Nyx

Can see myself spending A LOT off time on this, only been playing the single player so far and loving it. It's probably because I'm on rookie while I get used to it but my only niggle is that it seems a bit too easy to score directly from the kick off, You boost to get there first and can just hit it over everyone else in the goal more often than not. I'm guessing/hoping that on the higher difficulties the computer stays back for kick off.

On Rookie I win 20-0 because of those kick offs, on Pro I have to work to win so it gets better for sure.

How does the rating work?

It's based on rank, right? I am semi-pro at level 10.

Guess it doesn't mean much.

My skill rating on the other hand is for ranked modes, but does that also affect my rating of rookie/semi-pro as its own separate thing?

How does the rating work?

It's based on rank, right? I am semi-pro at level 10.

Guess it doesn't mean much.

My skill rating on the other hand is for ranked modes, but does that also affect my rating of rookie/semi-pro as its own separate thing?

The rank is based purely on XP, the skill rating is based off of ranked mode. No, they don't affect each other to my knowledge.

BShadowJ

So I finally caught up on all the posts of the thread...

- I'm really, really sorry for you NA folks that got shafted on the midnight release. You are rightfully pissed and I'd be mad too, especially after everyone else got theirs. :(

- Saw some posts that were asking me to add em to the lists. If you want to get added, the easiest way is to quote the post then find the link hidden in the e-mail tags (I'll edit the main to hopefully explain it better). If you still don't find the links, then just PM me with the info (no guarantees I'll be quick though).

- The Rocket League Withdrawals video... Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeit so good!!!

- First review 9/10? Totally deserved.

- Like many of you, yes I got wrecked by Gibbs, de Boer brothers and the likes. It hurt.

- And finally, to the poster that unlocked Sweet Tooth... If that's true, if that's how you unlock him you're a god damn hero.

LkPr

Anyone else's PS4 get super noisy when in the menu screen. Like the fans are going hardcore.

It happened during the beta too, was hoping it would be fixed for launch

WITHE1982

Anyone else's PS4 get super noisy when in the menu screen. Like the fans are going hardcore.

TBH my PS4 has been a bit more noisy lately but I did notice the fan noise increases a fair amount when I boot up Rocket league. Not sure if it's just the menus or during gameplay as I'm generally wearing a headset.

Yeah, they're looking into it.

Cool didn't know this. that's good to hear.

Flunkie

Banned
My first night with the game, I'm already 41% done with the trophies. I kind of wish the plat would've been a little harder.

Not like I'm playing the game for trophies.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.

current assumption is that they simply havent put a frame limiter into place in the menu screen.

BShadowJ

Oh yeah, also forgot, friendly reminder to the folks who got the game through New Zealand: Don't forget to remove the subscription and CC info if you haven't already. I doubt any of you wants to be charged a month of New Zealand PS+ and the game will still work even if it hasn't been released in your region. x)

Gold - Defeat de Boer brothers in 1v1 ranked

Ultra Rare - 0.0% Rarity...

Flunkie

Banned
current assumption is that they simply havent put a frame limiter into place in the menu screen.
Still

Oh yeah, also forgot, friendly reminder to the folks who got the game through New Zealand: Don't forget to remove the subscription and CC info if you haven't already. I doubt any of you wants to be charged a month of New Zealand PS+ and the game will still work even if it hasn't been released in your region. x)
Can't stream it though :/

Samus4145

Easy. Set the PS4 in front of you and get the realest boosting experience possible.

Feel the air. FEEL IT.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Feels lower though IMO, I'd be interested to see a Digital Foundry review on it. I have to say it was nice to see a FoV option on console though.

I managed to play from midnight to 6am in the UK, so obviously I hated the game. It's extremely addictive and "one more game" usually turns into 5 more. I played through the tutorial and then a season to get a feel for the controls and honestly I wasn't feeling it, but then I tried multiplayer and everything changed, the game is a total blast even with total strangers.

Do we get anything in the steam version if we played the alpha and betas? I remember them saying something about skins and hats depending on how many friends we invited to the alpha.

Feels lower though IMO, I'd be interested to see a Digital Foundry review on it. I have to say it was nice to see a FoV option on console though.
Because on some maps it is lower than 60 when things heat up. It's especially noticeable on a couple levels where it's night time and raining.

Not much of a dealbreaker and it's still very much playable, but the framerate on PS4 varies. Not sure how much disabling vsync would improve matters and I've only been playing 3 vs 3.

nicolajNN

Not a giz wiz, so maybe this is common knowledge, but regarding the framerate. One of the devs mention that with V-sync on, the framerate will go to 30 if it drops below 60, while with V-sync off it will fluctuate between 40ish and 60 in those occurrences.

Do we get anything in the steam version if we played the alpha and betas? I remember them saying something about skins and hats depending on how many friends we invited to the alpha.

You should get a swag gold hat for being in the alpha, a lump of gold for your antenna for being in the beta.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
One more hour of work left, and then... THEN. Well, then I have to pick up some groceries on the way home, and then I have to actually get home, but THEN.

Nice to see everyone is enjoying it after the majority slept on SSARPBC, easily just as good, pity we had to wait so long for this but thankfully its here

It was last generation's biggest crime. I wonder how many thousands of people now loving RL would have loved SARPBC just as much if they'd heard of it/given it a chance.

The devs said in a Twitch interview at E3 that the original game actually had more than two million downloads on PSN. I guess that includes free PS+ downloads (it was on that, right?), but still. Seems like a lot of people at least tried the game.

Strakt

I won a giveaway on a stream a cpl days ago , still waiting for steam key... feels bad when all your friends are playing ;(

Bluforce

I think is the grass.

Just move the camera up. It works for me.

BShadowJ

could be a coincidence, but i havent played any ranked matches yet and i got semi pro as soon as I hit level 10.
i think its just tied to level..

Yeah those ranks under the name are from the experience level. Starts on Rookie, at Level 10 goes to Semi-Pro, and I remember seeing Pro and Veteran on the preview streams, don't know at what levels though.

Theecliff

Banned
I remember playing the demo for the original a long time ago and being absolutely trash at it, wasn't aware of how many people loved it and that there was such a dedicated following to the game until I saw several threads about it on here a bit ago. impressions of this sequel have got me excited to try it on PS+, hopefully I'll be able to get better at it then the last time I played the previous game and enjoy it like a lot of people on here do

I'm always at least semi while playing.
😏

Dizzy-4U

GAF hype delivered. It's a really fun game.

Bot buddies play against you though. Fucking Merlin can't tell where he's supposed to score. Lost 3-2.

mcz117chief

the game really IS a lot of fun :)

Only thing I am missing is the Vatican flag :(

edit: How do you play on-line ? It says that I am not connected to their server and I can't press yes when it asks me to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom