• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Anyone get crashes from time to time on PC? Pretty rare but still, maybe 3 times in 30 hours...

Might be pushing this too hard at 4K which just clears the aliasing a bit. Sometimes I can play for hours but still that might be it. Usually happens between games though.

Btw ign nubs (they were jealous of some hat and had unlocked like 1 or 2 themselves so far) are doing a live stream of this, ah nvm, they're done now it seems.

It does to me. Very rare crashes but it does happen about the same amount as you've mentioned.

v1lla21

Dang it. My NZ alt account's PS+ ran out so I had to re download and lost all my progress :(

Somehow still kept my ranked match ranking but lost everything else.

Oh well, I'll be playing this game for a long time to come so it'll all unlock again eventually. I have to admit it is fun seeing the reactions when I'm in a level 3 lobby and get an aerial shot in.

"Wow!"
"Wow!"
"Wow!"
Ranked stats didnt carry over for you?

Nafai1123

Banned
I like the people who talk or type with so much snarky confidence and then they end up being horrible at the game. Beating them is so satisfying.

Lookatmego and I were playing 2v2 ranked last night and this one dude kept typing shit like "EAT MY D*CK." We beat then handedly and responded with "No Problem."

v1lla21

They did, yeah. I should have been more clear, the level 3 lobby I was referring to was unranked.
Oh okay lol. Yeah same happened to me. Im rookie in ranked and wa doing aerials and some dude was going crazy.

Lookatmego and I were playing 2v2 ranked last night and this one dude kept typing shit like "EAT MY D*CK." We beat then handedly and responded with "No Problem."
Lmao. We should play together soon.

Grinchy

Banned

haha yeah there was some guy last night on the PC version using a mic to talk shit. I could barely make out what he was saying most of the time but every time I scored on him I spammed "What a save! What a save! What a save!"

He stopped talking about 5 goals in.

So PC GAF want to decide on a day to do a group play event? 4v4 or however many we get for a few hours of play? I figure we'll join the chatroom then decide there.

RocketGAF

Would be nice to be able to do it weekly.

Unicorn

How many hours y'all have, and how good are you?

I have over 13 and I am learning when to hang back and when to strike and I'm trying to learn flying but can never connect.

I like the people who talk or type with so much snarky confidence and then they end up being horrible at the game. Beating them is so satisfying.
I'll admit while playing ranked doubles with my friend we went up 5-0 in the first couple minutes and I entered a (what I thought was playful) "Get good" message. I really don't mean anything by it, just messing around. Anyways point is I lost that match :p

Haha that was good. I think that was the team that was up like 2-0 then got all cocky then we beat them 6-2 or something. I'll be on again tonight if your around we should play.

hydruxo

A couple aerial goals I had from last night playing with RocketGAF:

Goal #1
Goal #2

I still miss more aerials than I should but man, it feels great when you finally connect on one that goes in the goal.

Anyone want to play? Up for any match type, ranked or unranked. Just want to play some matches with the same peeps and preferably on voice chat. psn = gutterboy44

Don't think I'll be home tonight but if you guys are around tomorrow night we should do some 3v3 ranked.
Im not 100% sure you can even do ranked 3vs3. We could do regular matches though. I think the max you can have in a party for ranked matches is 2. Either way Im down. I think me, villa and Tagg have our tournament match tomorrow night but its late though. Hit me up.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else dislike the replay camera? I don't like that it stays on the ball the way it does. If you pull off a crazy shot from really far away, you don't even see most of it.

The replay camera from the very first beta felt so perfect to me. This is the only example I can find quickly. See how the camera follows whoever was hitting the ball? It worked so nicely. Did people just think it was pulled too far back?

edit- hmmm after watching some other videos I'm not sure anymore. Maybe it does still follow whoever is about to hit it? Now I'm just confusing myself. Something feels off to me though

never seen this before. Bug?
F82B28123F5D1B2E3BE20CC4CECEC34E37A91173

v1lla21

Im not 100% sure you can even do ranked 3vs3. We could do regular matches though. I think the max you can have in a party for ranked matches is 2. Either way Im down. I think me, villa and Tagg have our tournament match tomorrow night but its late though. Hit me up.
Yeah, sadly no 3v3 ranked for parties :(. I still gotta wait on what Shadow says but itll probably be tomorrow night.

akileese

third night in a row where lag is making the game nearly unplayable. =[ My ping, and everyone else's, is green I don't understand.

It is flat out unplayable right now. I hate to say this because I've had so much fun, but it needs to be taken down so they can fix or figure out what's causing this lag. All that's going to happen is resentment will build in the player base and they won't go back.

MUnited83

For you.
third night in a row where lag is making the game nearly unplayable. =[ My ping, and everyone else's, is green I don't understand.

It's pretty bad for me today as well. Lag is hitting pretty hard even with everyone at decent ping, it's weird. Yesterday and before it was fine for me though.

Just started playing some 1v1 ranked and what a fucking quit and abuse fest that is. My first 3 games I went up 1-0 inside 30secs and they all quit, the 4th game I'm up 3-0 within a minute and I'm getting all sorts of shit hurled at me and the last game I go up 1-0 from the kick-off and they guy just stays in his goal the entire game, until 2secs before time runs out and he quits.

I knew it was bad having read people's experiences but I didn't think it was that bloody bad. It's funny because you get some people who obviously aren't very good but at least they try and they stick around and compliment good plays and vice-versa and see the games our despite the score.

Penalties need to be harsh if and when they implement something to combat the rampant quitting.

Just started playing some 1v1 ranked and what a fucking quit and abuse fest that is. My first 3 games I went up 1-0 inside 30secs and they all quit, the 4th game I'm up 3-0 within a minute and I'm getting all sorts of shit hurled at me and the last game I go up 1-0 from the kick-off and they guy just stays in his goal the entire game, until 2secs before time runs out and he quits.

I knew it was bad having read people's experiences but I didn't think it was that bloody bad. It's funny because you get some people who obviously aren't very good but at least they try and they stick around and compliment good plays and vice-versa and see the games our despite the score.

Penalties need to be harsh if and when they implement something to combat the rampant quitting.

Between this and the surprise lag it's bringing me down a bit. Hopefully both are sorted in the upcoming patch.

Ya'll need to learn how to at least attempt aerials. So many potential shots are lost when you don't even try.

I was getting a little aggravated my last few matches. Not directed at any GAFers though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Servers have been great for me lately. Have been getting into games within seconds constantly, and games with noticeable lag have been few and far between.

It's pretty bad for me today as well. Lag is hitting pretty hard even with everyone at decent ping, it's weird. Yesterday and before it was fine for me though.

Hey, I think we faced off in a ranked 1v1 earlier tonight? Or was it a 2v2? Either way, pretty sure we played a match!

It is flat out unplayable right now. I hate to say this because I've had so much fun, but it needs to be taken down so they can fix or figure out what's causing this lag. All that's going to happen is resentment will build in the player base and they won't go back.

It sucks but i'm glad that it's not just me

People need to chillax when mistakes are made. Was playing 2v2 and I fucked up early leading us to go behind. Got a wow and a quit from my partner straight away. Turned in to a 1v2 match.....and I actually did pretty damn decently. Didn't get destroyed in the least. I lost but it was actually really close and if I'd have taken some of my chances the result could have even been different. The other team was real nice about it too and I even got cheered on when I scored lol.

We're already at that point? I was considering picking this up, but the community already acting like this is making me reconsider.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We're already at that point? I was considering picking this up, but the community already acting like this is making me reconsider.

Some are, most aren't, in my experience. Not to that degree, at least. But people rage-quitting in 1v1 when I'm beating them a bit too hard happens like every other time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You can disable the text chat and play it like a Nintendo game (I like it that way)

That's not the issue though. Who cares what people write in the chat. The issue is people who quit on you and leave you to struggle alone for the remainder of the match the second something goes against them.

Why some old designs are worth revisiting: A Rocket League story

Some updated related stuff from twitter.
BTW, important fix coming in our next patch: Stat tracking for online games will properly record for their correlating Garage items
Another snippet from our upcoming patch: We''re adding a "Mouse Sensitivity" setting to the "Options" menu for PC users
Another change in upcoming patch: Player's Win/ Loss Ratio on the Stats page will now be displayed as a Win % instead (by popular demand)

MUnited83

For you.
Servers have been great for me lately. Have been getting into games within seconds constantly, and games with noticeable lag have been few and far between.

Hey, I think we faced off in a ranked 1v1 earlier tonight? Or was it a 2v2? Either way, pretty sure we played a match!

Pretty sure you were on my team in a 2v2 ranked. We won, I think :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pretty sure you were on my team in a 2v2 ranked. We won, I think :p

Yeah, that was probably it! Unfortunately I didn't really think about it until after, when I recognized your name on my friends list, so I don't remember exactly how that particular match went. I had a long string of good games with a few bad ones sprinkled in-between, hopefully it wasn't one of those. :)

Allforce

Anyone want to play some 3v3? Shoot me an invite, maybe we can get a GAF team going that can run through some teams online.

AllforcePSN is my tag on PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom