• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

Had my first match against a rude player. He popped into a game me and my buddies were losing, and when the game ended thirty second later he types, "WOW y'all suck."

Nothing extreme, but a shame since I haven't seen the Internet rear its ugly head in the game for the twenty hours of online play we've had.

I'm getting a bit better at hitting the ball in the air. No goals with it, but it helps to keep the ball away.

JackDT

They desperately need a penalty for leaving ranked.

2 - 1 with 90 seconds left? Why not leave! 2 - 0 with FOUR MINUTES left, unwinnable, just leave! (Ironically we finished 6 - 4 even in the 2 v 3 situation!)

It's getting really frustrating.

I just had the best streak of like 7 or 8 wins in a row,with randoms.

I still fairly suck but I'm becoming more of an asset to the team and sometimes I was even the MVP.

sorry.
but, yes yes yes...so much fucking win with this game. I absolutely love that there is splitscreen online, I had such a blast playing it with a friend of mine and crossplatform just makes the deal sweeter in my opinion.

Yeah it'll be even better(worse? lol) when PS4 and PC players can communicate.

When asked about the XBox, they said they were "being cagey" about responding to the question of if RL will come to Xbox

I think it sounds like it will.
yeah, looks like it. and that would make it their first xbox game, too. but i wonder why they haven't done it ever before?
Yeah it'll be even better(worse? lol) when PS4 and PC players can communicate.
it just means that all the people who have the game have the chance to play it with each other, and that to me is a good thing.

hm, psyonix isn't a sony owned company. i wonder why they don't develop for other platforms?

There are many reasons, as with most things, but a big one is our guy Shane (@ShaneWatch) at Sony who has championed RL on PS4 for a long time, before anybody gave a crap about it.

Specifically for the first game (SARPBC) we weren't allowed to publish on Xbox without signing away a chunk of our profits to a publisher. Things have changed since then for the better over there (ID@Xbox, etc.) but Sony's always been really great to work with as an independent developer.

Game is addicting as fuck, just had a friend over and played 2v2 and 4v4 offline and online. It was freaking exhilarating, I haven't felt like this since the Goldeneye days.

There are many reasons, as with most things, but a big one is our guy Shane (@ShaneWatch) at Sony who has championed RL on PS4 for a long time, before anybody gave a crap about it.

Specifically for the first game (SARPBC) we weren't allowed to publish on Xbox without signing away a chunk of our profits to a publisher. Things have changed since then for the better over there (ID@Xbox, etc.) but Sony's always been really great to work with as an independent developer.
ah, so it is likely then that this game will come to xbone soon? and if so, will the crossplatform continue across all 3 platforms?

and when you say shane championed RL i'm guessing you mean he was supporting its development long before anyone really saw it coming?

kgtrep

I got the platinum trophy today, but will continue to play this game.

As I've started playing ranked matches, I'm realizing that I hate players who quit. One time today, I was the only one left on a 3v3 match two minutes in or so. It was 0-6 with one second left when I finally scored a point. One of the players on the opposing team congratulated me and that felt nice.

My solution to stopping people from quitting is to reset their rank to the bottom (which I think is 1, cause that's where I'm at after many losses today, haha). Either take an entire loss or stick around for a smaller loss.

This may sound unorthodox, but something that I think could help build a better community is to award extra XPs for congratulating each other for making or defending a goal, whether the player is on his/her team or the opposing team. Sure, the XPs don't do anything, but still...

As I've started playing ranked matches, I'm realizing that I hate players who quit. One time today, I was the only one left on a 3v3 match two minutes in or so. It was 0-6 with one second left when I finally scored a point. One of the players on the opposing team congratulated me and that felt nice.

In situations like that I've started playing for the opposing team, usually goalie so they can concentrate on practicing offense. Poor bastard isn't going to win but deserves some help/recognition for sticking it out.

Hasney

ah, so it is likely then that this game will come to xbone soon? and if so, will the crossplatform continue across all 3 platforms?

and when you say shane championed RL i'm guessing you mean he was supporting its development long before anyone really saw it coming?

If it comes.to XBone, cross play between it and PS4 is out. MS don't allow it which is why FF14 has never been released.

Genryu

Banned
I've been getting home around 4:00 AM EST all week so I haven't had much time to play, but I'm up on Steam if anyone else is around at that ungodly hour.

DBT85

My solution to stopping people from quitting is to reset their rank to the bottom (which I think is 1, cause that's where I'm at after many losses today, haha). Either take an entire loss or stick around for a smaller loss.

This may sound unorthodox, but something that I think could help build a better community is to award extra XPs for congratulating each other for making or defending a goal, whether the player is on his/her team or the opposing team. Sure, the XPs don't do anything, but still...

The issue with just dropping the rank is that they will constantly end up playing new/bad players who don't quit which will suck. Either make quitters play quitters, or just ban them for a period of time. If they've actively quit the game. It can't be too difficult to know if someone has actually clicked the quit button.

Hazelhurst

Just downloaded this today from PlayStation store for free. This is so insanely fun and addictive. Love the gameplay, graphics, and controls. I played for about four hours straight.

ChrisD

I ain't pulling off goals, but I feel I'm finally nailing simple flights. Ball across the field, bouncing from the ceiling down? I can actually hit it.

And that is why this game is so ridiculously good.

red731

cTUuWYb.png

giphy.gif

ed: old, but how did I miss that?!
http://esports-nation.com/rocket-league-soccer-meets-driving-to-become-the-newest-esport/

I hope the devs realize how damn important it is to nail that spectator mode. I'd go as far as letting people link their steam/PSN accounts to get unlocks for watching tournaments like they do for CSGO. That's when the stream numbers went bananas.

red731

I hope the devs realize how damn important it is to nail that spectator mode. I'd go as far as letting people link their steam/PSN accounts to get unlocks for watching tournaments like they do for CSGO. That's when the stream numbers went bananas.

I hope they understand it now. Do it like DotA2 or CSGO as you are saying.
BUT, add even the option to SELECT WHICHEVER SEAT TO WATCH FROM AND ADD VR! (normal camera modes, also)

They realy need a robust spectrator mode. butdealwiththerankedleaversfirst

Unicorn

The gamasutra interview mention a rocket league 2 down the line. I hope they realize the importance of setting this game as a platform like other competitive games. Just add and update and upgrade this game. Fans will support it if devs do.

DBT85

Got called a noob by my team mate several times today. He spammed omg a lot too.

I just replied with lol. Then when he scored an own goal I said "lol noob" and he replies with "I don't think you know what this word means"

Managed to drag my rank upto the 350 range in 2v2 though.

Calabi

I swear there's something wrong with the controls in this game. I end up doing front somersaults when I want to do side and vice versa, and the side somersault sometimes doesnt move sideways, its weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom