• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Fuck the AI online!

Me and 2 buddies were 3-0 up against 2 humans and an AI player.
One human opponent leaves the game and is replaced by a 2nd AI player.

In 3 minutes the game went from 3-0 to 3-8, all 8 goals scored by 1 AI opponent who just hit the ball towards our goal from all angles and every position on the field.

Seriously....

Unicorn

I really hope a dlc chassis is a DeLorean mockup. I think it would work very well aesthetically.

I'm still rockin' the hot rod, even though I feel like I should be playing a flatter car for hitbox's sake.

I am still godawful 20 hours later. I was getting super frustrated tonight (the insane lag didn't help either).

You guys just gotta learn to sit back against the AI. Their finishing is good but that's about it. Be ready for their shot and you won't have a problem with them, they get confused easily.

Adnor

Banned
fuck yo green ping

STGZKo9.png

😎

most intense match yet. made the overtime goal

netcode is real good

Yeah, even with red ping it doesn't feel bad.

At least for me, I don't know how it affect the rest.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
You guys just gotta learn to sit back against the AI. Their finishing is good but that's about it. Be ready for their shot and you won't have a problem with them, they get confused easily.

the best thing is that specific area at the side of their own goal. ive seen it several times now when the ball is in that spot and relatively non moving that the AI just stands still wonderuing what to do now lol

Adnor

Banned
If anyone wants to play add me to Steam, same username. Warning: I have the worst accent and the worst voice in the internet, I sound like a 14 year old, and I'm south american so expect red ping.

I'll stop playing for tonight and go to bed now tho, it's almost 6:00 AM.

Tomtis

Started actually playing yesterday after a few weeks of preparations, which pretty much means i've been hanging around in the practice area and various streams on Twitch for inspiration (i like to know what i am doing when i start to play). Ended up playing pretty much the whole day and finally got "pro"-rank. Which doesn't mean anything at all but still a sign of how much time spent. Haha.

However, fantastic game, absolutely love it. A thing i noticed is how so many people who you randomly meet online want to tag up and play. I really like it, it's a neat "little" community.

If some europeans is up to play some 2v2 send me a PM. I may be going for aerials a little to often but i think it's fairly important to learn and i am not completely stupid in the other aspects of gameplay. I think...!

Easy to say, but I've seen far too many examples where the AI on their defensive half hits the ball really hard at an odd angle only to have it turn into a bounce off the wall, hit the ceiling, and float into the corner for a goal.

I'm sure Kronovi and his ilk could get back to the goal and fly up high enough for a save, but most people can't. I know I can't.

Fuck the AI online!

Me and 2 buddies were 3-0 up against 2 humans and an AI player.
One human opponent leaves the game and is replaced by a 2nd AI player.

In 3 minutes the game went from 3-0 to 3-8, all 8 goals scored by 1 AI opponent who just hit the ball towards our goal from all angles and every position on the field.

Seriously....

Yeah... They really need to lower the AI's skill level because AI players are just killing games atm.

DjRalford

The lag is really bugging me, we will go a couple up and then all of a sudden BAM, I can't go in a straight line and I warp all over the arena.

Had about 8 good games in a row but then as soon as a couple dropped and new players joined it started again.

Iced

Feature Request (for any devs who may see this):

How about an indicator at kickoff when you're in closest proximity to the net? Lately I find people abandoning net when they should be guarding it. I often find myself looking back to see if that person is actually staying behind, which steals my offensive focus momentarily. Or sometimes, someone else will fall back to net, even though I've indicated I am defending right off the bat through quick chat. I just feel like if the would-be goaltender was given a prompt that they're closest (with an accompanying sound effect, perhaps), they'd clue in a little easier and we'd have less people mindlessly charging at the ball.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah... They really need to lower the AI's skill level because AI players are just killing games atm.
I don't agree. The AI is exactly what it should be. Competent and reliable but not godly. As long as you're decent at the game you're not at a disadvantage against AI. AI doesn't even do aerials. Maybe if you're still at rookie level they should have a lower difficulty but that's really the only scenario imo. The best solution would be to have the AI difficulty be based on the skill level of the person that quit. The problem there is that this game probably needed a semi pro difficulty for the AI. Rookie is a joke and we can all agree that difficulty replacing players would be way worse, but apparently avlot are having trouble with pro difficulty AI at least early on.

Moobabe

How about an indicator at kickoff when you're in closest proximity to the net? Lately I find people abandoning net when they should be guarding it. I often find myself looking back to see if that person is actually staying behind, which steals my offensive focus momentarily. Or sometimes, someone else will fall back to net, even though I've indicated I am defending right off the bat through quick chat. I just feel like if the would-be goaltender was given a prompt that they're closest (with an accompanying sound effect, perhaps), they'd clue in a little easier and we'd have less people mindlessly charging at the ball.

I dunno - I feel that's something people should really be checking themselves - only takes a second to rotate the camera.

Iced

I dunno - I feel that's something people should really be checking themselves - only takes a second to rotate the camera.

While this is true, it's hard to expect newcomers to do this. I don't know about you, but when I was first starting out, objective #1 was to make contact with that ball at all times. I had no concept of defense. I think if I was being reminded of a defensive opportunity from the game itself, I might start to reconsider how I'm playing the game.

I don't agree. The AI is exactly what it should be. Competent and reliable but not godly. As long as you're decent at the game you're not at a disadvantage against AI. AI doesn't even do aerials. Maybe if you're still at rookie level they should have a lower difficulty but that's really the only scenario imo. The best solution would be to have the AI difficulty be based on the skill level of the person that quit. The problem there is that this game probably needed a semi pro difficulty for the AI. Rookie is a joke and we can all agree that difficulty replacing players would be way worse, but apparently avlot are having trouble with pro difficulty AI at least early on.

I'm in a lot of games with Pros and Veterans now, and I still routinely see an AI MVP.

Yes, they don't do Aerials. They also don't ever accidentally hit the ball weird, and have a far easier time aiming bouncers and long distance shots than any human I've seen. Even the best human players miss once in a while.

They do suck at defense as a rule, but a pair of decent defenders with an AI will frequently be better than a 3rd player.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

No, knowing to look around you and act accordingly is part of what you need to learn to become competent at this game. Situational awareness and all that. Yes, people not knowing what the hell they're doing is annoying, but hopefully that'll go away more and more as you reach higher ranks (?), which hopefully people unable to learn won't (just talking about ranked matches here, obviously - in unranked you can't count on anything).

Hasney

Doesn't really stop players anyway. Had a guy say "I'VE GOT IT" no matter where he started from and rushed the ball, even when I was directly in front of him.

membran

I swear there's something wrong with the controls in this game. [...] the side somersault sometimes doesnt move sideways, its weird.

I too struggled with this, I went to freeplay mode to figure it out. The sideways dash sometimes not dashing to the side has to do with momentum. If you're going straight forwards, it will always dash to the side. But, for example, if you are turning right and then jump, it won't dash to the right, instead you'll barrel roll "on the spot". This is because the force of the momentum is pulling the car to the left if you're turning right and a dash to the right will cancel out that force. You can barrel roll to the left in that case, though.

Thinking about it now (will have to test this later), maybe you need to actually pull of a scandinavian flick maneuver, so if you want to dash to the right to hit the ball you actually have to steer left for a fraction of a second before jumping.

Theorycrafting here, lol.

membran

While this is true, it's hard to expect newcomers to do this. I don't know about you, but when I was first starting out, objective #1 was to make contact with that ball at all times. I had no concept of defense. I think if I was being reminded of a defensive opportunity from the game itself, I might start to reconsider how I'm playing the game.

I find the lack of hand holding in this game rather refreshing. By the way, there's a button for looking straight behind you, no need to turn the camera.

LordofPwn

was on fire last night playing with a guy from my destiny clan. did ranked 2v2 did about 10 matches and only lost 3. the 3rd loss he got kicked and couldn't rejoin so it was 1 v 2 and they scored 8 times. i managed to get a hat trick and make it 4-8. of course my skill rating dropped 90 points because of it though.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I'm in a lot of games with Pros and Veterans now, and I still routinely see an AI MVP.

Yes, they don't do Aerials. They also don't ever accidentally hit the ball weird, and have a far easier time aiming bouncers and long distance shots than any human I've seen. Even the best human players miss once in a while.

They do suck at defense as a rule, but a pair of decent defenders with an AI will frequently be better than a 3rd player.

Pretty much this I am sick of the AI dominating to many matches. I gave the game 220 matches and I am finally done. Between the AI and horrible match making the game is just not fun. It is just not worth play 10-15 matches to finally find one with balanced teams with no one quitting. Great game but when most games are a blow out it ruins it. I really hope they fix the completely broken match making for those who still play. To many times the 2 or 3 best players end up on the same team and the game ends up in a slaughter.

LordofPwn

Pretty much this I am sick of the AI dominating to many matches. I gave the game 220 matches and I am finally done. Between the AI and horrible match making the game is just not fun. It is just not worth play 10-15 matches to finally find one with balanced teams with no one quitting. Great game but when most games are a blow out it ruins it. I really hope they fix the completely broken match making for those who still play. To many times the 2 or 3 best players end up on the same team and the game ends up in a slaughter.

I routinely dominate AI. lvl 25. over 50% of my wins i'm the MVP. If you want to know how to deal with AI play seasons against pro bots.

BShadowJ

Hello there! So just to let you know that Vatos Locos vs Team |OT| is going to happen between 11pm-11:30pm PST today (that is 7am-7:30am Friday GMT!).

However Team |OT| is in need of a sub for that game. If you can show up at that time and are interested, please post or PM me! :)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Had some amazing matches today. One of them was a 3v2 match. Someone on tbe other team quit as soon as we scored. But our opponents put up a hell of a fight! They somehow went 3-1 up! We got back and then with just 14 seconds to spare I got he equaliser. Then I got the winner in overtime. God damn was that tense. Would have been an embarrassing loss. Felt bad for them too. I've been on the other side of a handicap match almost pulling off the win before.

Also I pulled off an amazing epic save today. I have no idea how I managed to get back to that ball in time. Had to basically go from one side of the pitch to the other and just barely scrape the ball off the line. It was amazing.

Hello there! So just to let you know that Vatos Locos vs Team |OT| is going to happen between 11pm-11:30pm today (that is 7am-7:30am Friday GMT!).

However Team |OT| is in need of a sub for that game. If you can show up at that time and are interested, please post or PM me! :)

Good luck D:

nicolajNN

Scoring last second equalizer and winning in ot is a great feeling.

I also really need to focus less on my team-mates and get upset at occasional mistakes, it ultimately it just makes me play worse

We're playing without our worse player, so it's gonna be easy peasy ;P

No I think you misunderstood me in my message, I could play tomorrow morning.

Played online for the first time last night. Shouldn't have started right before bed. Played two hours without even noticing the time go by!

Didn't have too many people quit matches even when down, but it was unranked so bots replaced them. Had one match where the bots scored just about all of the goals. They appear similar to the offline Pro bots but a little more aggressive and accurate. Not sure how close they are to All-Star bots. I've only played them offline 1v1. All-star bots are very accurate shots offline, but I'm not sure if their defense is better than Pro. Offline Pro bots are actually solid defensively (much more so than average human players), but can't shoot for anything. They only seem to score off of close rebounds; their further out shoots almost always miss the mark. All in all, I'm okay with the online bots, though perhaps their accuracy could be dialed back a touch.

Won the first five online matches I played, even getting a few MVPs. Then some new folks came in and actually played some defense. :p Good matches after that and had a blast. Still need to work on my goalie skills, but otherwise held my own. Might try ranked tonight, though I'm wary of quitters and being down 1 or 2 players.

This game is so addicting!

nicolajNN

oh God, the datastream boost sounds like a friggin' laser rifle if you just tap boost repeatedly instead of holding it down, now I find myself doing that even when I don't really need to boost

Ocho

First of all you need to find the TASystemSettings.ini which is located in here:

X:Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config

When you found it open with Notepad or some kind of text editor.

In the TASystemSettings.ini change this line:

AllowPerFrameSleep=True
to this
AllowPerFrameSleep=False

Make sure you save your file, and make it Read-only.

Now your FPS should be unlocked.

-----------------------------------

Only downside is that if you're not on ball cam, the camera bugs out when you fly. No issues when you are on ball cam though.

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom