• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh! Anyone else keep having the game crash? It keeps happening to me now randomly in game. I was just playing and scored a lovely aerial-ish goal and bam, game crashes and no save replay for me. Damn.

It's been happening on and off for me for the past week, but today it really annoyed me. Maybe I should re-install.

ErichWK

LMBo3pb.png

Also our concept Artist Jay Zhang did all of the concepts for Rocket League. He crushes it.

http://zhangarts.com/

Hip Hop

I really need to get a new graphics card.

Triple monitor is awesome in this game, but can only do 30fps with my setup.

Argh! Anyone else keep having the game crash? It keeps happening to me now randomly in game. I was just playing and scored a lovely aerial-ish goal and bam, game crashes and no save replay for me. Damn.

It's been happening on and off for me for the past week, but today it really annoyed me. Maybe I should re-install.

I would reinstall. I've played more than 300 matches and it's never crashed.

Just wondering how FIFA lovers feel about this game? I have some FIFA friends that I'm trying to convince to come over to RL. Does it scratch the same itch? Is is more/less fun to you?

I think Rocket League came out at the perfect time for FIFA fans. With FUT slowing down, most people (myself included) are starting to get bored of the game. Rocket League is a bit like playing FIFA on manual controls in that it is so satisfying to score (or defend) a great goal. If you can get your mates to play for about twenty minutes they should move over without you needing to convince them.

Mentok

Banned
Question: Does everyone use follow the ball cam?

Because if I don't, it gets messy.

I do and don't. When lining up a shot I turn it off because I find my aim always misses, but when tracking the ball I (obviously) do. But then again, I'm not amazing at the game.

Just a heads up... MEDIUM EFFECT team will be streaming our Official NeoGAF Rocket League Tournament match tonight around 7PM Pacific. The livestream on twitch will actually probably go up earlier, but the main "event" will be around the time stated.

Will post when it goes up :)

Cess007

Question: Does everyone use follow the ball cam?

Because if I don't, it gets messy.

I use the normal camera 90% of the time. The only moment i use the Ball Cam is when i'm going back to the goal and want to keep track of the other team attack or when it bounces too high near the goal. Outside of those moments, i always use the normal cam; i can aim better with it.

AwShucks

I use the normal camera 90% of the time. The only moment i use the Ball Cam is when i'm going back to the goal and want to keep track of the other team attack or when it bounces too high near the goal. Outside of those moments, i always use the normal cam; i can aim better with it.

Strangely, despite so many saying ball cam is better, I am WAY better with normal cam. I pretty much only use ball cam if I'm completely lost or unsure where the ball went.

darknil

Is there any list on what the devs have said about post-release features?

I want to check what they are planning on adding to this great game.

Strangely, despite so many saying ball cam is better, I am WAY better with normal cam. I pretty much only use ball cam if I'm completely lost or unsure where the ball went.

I'm the opposite and use ball cam for every shot. The only time I use the regular cam is to pick up the full boosts. The reason is I find the regular cam very twitchy, reacting to the slightest movement.

Edit: I just tried playing with regular cam for most of a ranked Doubles match and it definitely does help on hits along the wall, ones I would miss a lot in ball cam. I'll try to get used to it more.

mkenyon

Banned
Which line? :eek:
First of all you need to find the TASystemSettings.ini which is located in here:

X:Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config

When you found it open with Notepad or some kind of text editor.

In the TASystemSettings.ini change this line:

AllowPerFrameSleep=True
to this
AllowPerFrameSleep=False

Make sure you save your file, and make it Read-only.

Now your FPS should be unlocked.

-----------------------------------

Only downside is that if you're not on ball cam, the camera bugs out when you fly. No issues when you are on ball cam though.

BShadowJ

Just a heads up... MEDIUM EFFECT team will be streaming our Official NeoGAF Rocket League Tournament match tonight around 7PM Pacific. The livestream on twitch will actually probably go up earlier, but the main "event" will be around the time stated.

Will post when it goes up :)

That's at the same time as the Steam Finals if I'm not mistaken... Guess people will have to multitwitch it up :p

I really like the season mode and the way they are like actual teams with logos and color schemes to match. Then of course, you have standings to keep track of the wins and losses. Having said that, now all I want in Rocket League is the ability to make our own teams, upload our own logos, and fill the teams with our friends (or AI, when necessary). I think that would be all types of fun!

Haunted

Any news of a local tournament mode (with different players being able to take over different teams?)

Could be the decider between the game being a pretty fun romp we play for a couple weeks or it actually becoming a serious mainstay in my circle of friends.

hydruxo

That new DLC car is pretty cool, looking forward to seeing what the muscle car one looks like. Hopefully we get some interesting new rocket trails too.

Iced

I've been getting headaches lately and, given how often I play Rocket League, I have a feeling it's related to the 110 FOV I had been using. Just tested around with the settings and came up with these:

Camera FOV: 90
Camera Height: 100
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 280.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

I do miss the expanded view of the field, but I don't miss the fisheye effect. And I actually feel like I'm making better shots now. Anyway, give them a try and let me know how they work for you!

BShadowJ

We're aiming for 9-10pm CST so we'll probably end up starting later than 9. We have 1 guy who needs to play later so we can wait!

Oh ok, didn't know that. As long as you don't forget to stream it, it's all cool anyways :p

Also, Team |OT| vs MassiveFriedKai is going to happen right now. I'm streaming at twitch.tv/bshadowj

Edit: Team |OT| is victorious! 2-0, good games guys!

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Man I use ballcam 90% of the time. I only go out of it to ensure I'm heading right for what I want (maximum boost mostly).

People who've completed the hardest aerial/striker challenge, did you use ballcam or no?

valeo

I think Rocket League came out at the perfect time for FIFA fans. With FUT slowing down, most people (myself included) are starting to get bored of the game. Rocket League is a bit like playing FIFA on manual controls in that it is so satisfying to score (or defend) a great goal. If you can get your mates to play for about twenty minutes they should move over without you needing to convince them.

FIFA 15 killed FIFA for me. The buggy AI basically plays that game for you now; it's horrible.

Rocket League definitely filled that void.

Vire

@RocketLeague 2h2 hours ago San Diego, CA
WOW FACT: We've been out for just over two weeks and have already had more than 4 MILLION players download our game on PS4 & PC. THANK YOU!

Rocket League World Domination.

valeo

I'm the opposite and use ball cam for every shot. The only time I use the regular cam is to pick up the full boosts. The reason is I find the regular cam very twitchy, reacting to the slightest movement.

Same here. Regular cam is way, way too twitchy for me; even watching other people use it makes me feel sick.

Iced

I hope they add some courses that aren't just soccer style rectangles. I need some zany maps yo.

I kinda hope they don't. While I would like to see some variation, my worry is that they would splinter the community. You'd almost have to have separate playlists for the classic maps and "zany" maps, because mixing them together would anger a lot of players who just want vanilla Rocket League.

You get 10 points for 7 Demolitions(an Extermination).

Up until that point you get nothing.

I did my first fly half the court and aerial dunk the ball on the other team just now. So pumped!

Hip Hop

First of all you need to find the TASystemSettings.ini which is located in here:

X:Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config

When you found it open with Notepad or some kind of text editor.

In the TASystemSettings.ini change this line:

AllowPerFrameSleep=True
to this
AllowPerFrameSleep=False

Make sure you save your file, and make it Read-only.

Now your FPS should be unlocked.

-----------------------------------

Only downside is that if you're not on ball cam, the camera bugs out when you fly. No issues when you are on ball cam though.

I only use ball cam so this is fine with me.

gonna check this out, thanks.

So this game is entirely too much fun. Finally stopped playing the computer and ventured into playing a few ranked matches online - so far my team has won every time and it's a blast - one was a nailbiter that was 3-3 and we finally knocked in a goal during overtime.

The last match we won 2-0, in which I scored both goals AND had an epic save that involved me driving vertically down the wall -above- the goal to hit the ball and knock it out of the goal right before it bounced in.

Damn this game is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom