• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brohan

There's no current timeline for cross platform partying. We are patching in a way to do cross platform private matches soon.

Unfortunately cross-platform friends/party is a huge system and given we are both a small indie studio and weren't guaranteed cross-plat would even be approved, we chose to rely on Sony and Valve's systems instead. This brings a lot of reliability and allowed us to ship the game when we did, but rules out cross-plat partying unless we switch to a completely homegrown friends/party system. Right now that seems lower priority than other features on our plate like Ranked Teams, Tournaments, etc. but we're always listening to feedback.

Totally understandable and I agree that other stuff should have the priority.

v1lla21

Psyonix servers right now

silicon-valley-fire.jpg
Lmao loved that episode.

I just want to get out of work so I can go play :(

Ark

Is the game down for Steam as well? I don't want to arrive home from work and not be able to play online in an hour :(

Murray97

Is the game down for Steam as well? I don't want to arrive home from work and not be able to play online in an hour :(

Yep all servers have been down for over 5 hours. Not looking like they are gonna be back up any time soon either.

Want to play Rocket League with other GAF members? Sign up for the RocketGAF PS4/Steam lists!

QUOTE THIS POST TO GET THE LINKS IN ORDER TO SIGN-UP
(They are hidden inside the post in email tags)

PSN ID List
Steam List

Did a mistake or want to be removed from a list? PM me.

Super excited to play with GAF for this game! I don't have many friends with PS4s, so hopefully this will suffice.

TheDanimal

Oh man, this game doesnt track how many hours I played!

Really? Sony should really have an activity tracker like Nintendo has on the 3ds and Wii U (Addressing all games I play on PS4, not just Rocket League).
Meanwhile, I'm waiting patiently for Grace Chen Time >.>

Envisager

Neo Member
Sweet Tooth update: Just unlocked it - it's not winning a game with every car, or hitting level 15 as I'm at level 9.

Looking at my stats, I just hit 50 goals scored so it could be that?

Dizzy-4U

Alright, found a way to downsample:

C:\users\yourname\Documents\my games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config\TASystemSettings.ini

Edit Ini:

[SystemSettings]

ResX=1920
ResY=1080

Change to desired resolution. Keep in mind the UI will scale down too. Standard UE3 stuff in the ini. You may be able to increase shadow resolutions and stuff if you know what you're doing.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Sweet Tooth update: Just unlocked it - it's not winning a game with every car, or hitting level 15 as I'm at level 9.

i think its random, like everything else.

Vanguard

I was way past 50 goals when I unlocked it. Just as a note, before the servers went down, none of my stats on the cars (or any item) was tracked. So a car that said I won 2 games with was wrong as I won about 5 with it etc. (Least that what it seemed like anyway for a long time as everything was at 0 until the servers went). But as soon as I had 1 on every car it unlocked (and I knew I hadn't used that car yet as it also recently unlocked).

Ardenyal

You unlock Sweet Tooth by completing a game using all the other cars.

Nope. I got sweet tooth well before I got the classic cars trophy which requires using the two returning cars in a match.

All of the unlocks seem to unlock randomly.

Murray97

Nope. I got sweet tooth well before I got the classic cars trophy which requires using the two returning cars in a match.

All of the unlocks seem to unlock randomly.

Well I'm not the only one thats got it after completing a game with every car. It is possible that there is multiple ways to unlock it.

Purdy

It was last generation's biggest crime. I wonder how many thousands of people now loving RL would have loved SARPBC just as much if they'd heard of it/given it a chance.

Indeed, countless hours playing it with friends, coach coop and going online together. Thankfully it should be here to stay now and get to play on a better controler :D

Paganmoon

Gets boring pretty quickly after the novelty wears off. Kick off is almost always insta-goal, and if not it's a 2 minute chase after the ball, untill you're lucky enough to get control and then, maybe it's a little fun again.

Maybe I'm playing it wrong but I don't think last weeks hype of the game has been lived up to at all.

Edit: Should've clarified, only played offline season so far, will try online as soon as servers are functional.

TomShoe

Banned
any ETA for the servers?

My guess is probably not any time soon. Considering moving to an in-house made party system might be expensive (maybe for little gain), and they want to add other features first, it's probably on the backburner at this moment.

Gets boring pretty quickly after the novelty wears off. Kick off is almost always insta-goal, and if not it's a 2 minute chase after the ball, untill you're lucky enough to get control and then, maybe it's a little fun again.

Maybe I'm playing it wrong but I don't think last weeks hype of the game has been lived up to at all.

It never played like that for me, ever. Occasionally you'd see a kickoff goal when something crazy happened or maybe the team fell asleep. Maybe a 1/50 chance.

As far as the novelty, who knowS. I put in probably 50 hours and maybe 25/30 more with friends over and always had a blast. I think "hype" is the wrong word for it, because hose that spoke so highly of it actually got to put some time in with the game

newsguy

Are you only playing offline on rookie?

I put about ten hours into the beta and probably saw maybe five kick off goals. Are you playing online?

Don't have the whole team charging the ball then. Leave one back to defend the goal.

Tambini

I love playing goalkeeper, I score so many from being a sweeper while everyone else chases the ball like dogs. I like to think of myself as Manuel Neuer on wheels

I think the video I shared on here earlier explains why I disagree with you better than I could in words. Watch a couple of minutes and see if you can see the potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsxeoi6ekb4

If you don't have time to watch, let me assure you: this game can be a 2 minute chase for the ball, sure, in the same way that football and basketball can be. If you watch a bunch of people play those sports for the first time, it can be a mess. But that doesn't mean the sports themselves are bad.

Not trying to have a go at you. I understand how it may seem that way if you've been in some bad lobbies/single player against easy bots. But if you invest a bit of time into it then I'm sure the competitiveness of RL will shine through for you. I sincerely hope so :)

Paganmoon

Should've clarified, only played offline season so far, will try online as soon as servers are functional.

Bots might not be the beat of partners I suppose,

Should've clarified, only played offline season so far, will try online as soon as servers are functional.

Bots might not be the beat of partners I suppose,
You're not alone on the instant goals, but I was playing with rookie AI. I imagine the two higher difficulties are a bit smarter. There is one particular angle which is very easy to get a goal in seconds when I played 1 vs. 1. I find it hard to believe it would be so easy on 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3. Much less online which is the main event.

El_Cinefilo

You're not alone on the instant goals, but I was playing with rookie AI. I imagine the two higher difficulties are a bit smarter. There is one particular angle which is very easy to get a goal in seconds when I played 1 vs. 1. I find it hard to believe it would be so easy on 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3. Much less online which is the main event.

You're right the insta goals were putting me off but the next difficulty up from rookie pretty much eliminated them for me.

I absolutely love the 2 minute chases. It's always nail biting.

Winning 1-0 is just as fun as winning 5-4

Feel the same way. Even if you're down 4-1, 5-1 with 2 minutes left, you know that it IS possible. And that makes almost all the games tense and exciting, outside the 8-0 stompings. haha

My guess is probably not any time soon. Considering moving to an in-house made party system might be expensive (maybe for little gain), and they want to add other features first, it's probably on the backburner at this moment.

They're referring to the online servers that are down right now.

dlbeast

Want to play Rocket League with other GAF members? Sign up for the RocketGAF PS4/Steam lists!

QUOTE THIS POST TO GET THE LINKS IN ORDER TO SIGN-UP
(They are hidden inside the post in email tags)

PSN ID List
Steam List

sign me up:

psn: dlbeast/ ps4/usa/ comments: lets do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom