• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjkorea

3 more for the highlight reel

10_zpsgrj4ckfw.gif

7_zpsqchcvzqe.gif

2_zpsbtttbubz.gif

Pastry

Banned
This game relies too much on precision to have servers this shitty. Haven't had a game tonight that wasn't a laggy mess.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't get why they rely on servers for the second to second stuff anyway... At most with 8 players...that couldn't have been p2p? Is this really better? Maybe once/if they sort it out it would be better.

farisr

I ended up playing a couple of hours of online multiplayer (for the first time) due to not wanting to waste the time I had set aside for the Street Fighter V Beta. So much more fun against actual folks instead of bots.

Gaz_RB

What about that kid in the stands who saved up for two years just to watch you play? What do you got to say to him?
This made me laugh way more than it should have. Probably cause I'm drunk. Also don't play ranked drunk because you'll drop like 50 points.

:(

Hadn't played for a couple days.

Tried to shake of the rust this evening. Didn't work out too well.

Going to have to pick up my socks this weekend.

Sinistral

Inbetween Street Figher V beta attempts I was playing this on the PS4, I usually play on PC but the experience on the PS4 is (to me) poorer, frame times feel slower, I think. Ironically... I was able to hit some real tricky shots that I have not done on the PC yet lol.

GAH! I had what was going to be a (possible) game winning goal. With less than a minute left, in a tied game, I had possibly the best control of a ball than I have ever had in a Rocket League match. It just went where I wanted it to go and never felt like I had a bad angle. There were no players from the other team in the way (they were behind me). It was going to be a sure goal. Just moments from the goal, my own teammate boosted in to knock me out of the so they could get credit for the goal and missed it! We lost in overtime.

prophecy0

Here's a testament to how addictive this game is. I just got a new 980Ti tonight (coming from a 970). My plan was to test it out on a lot of graphically intensive games all night, run some benchmarks, etc. I played around in 3dMark a bit then thought "I'll play a round or two of Rocket League". Three hours later and that's all I've been doing with my 980Ti.

This is my proudest moment so far, which happened on the first night I tried multiplayer on PC:
http://gfycat.com/WealthyObeseCurlew

If anyone wants to watch some lackuster footage of my first two nights online here you go:

Day 1 (PS4):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y61XOVWrAgs

Day 2 (PC):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYTVZ-cVxqk

I honestly feel like I'm gotten worse since Day 1, haha.

Also, PC players - is there any way to force downsampling? nVidia DSR resolutions don't show up in game. I tried manually editing the config file and setting a higher resolution, then marking the file read-only, but I don't think that worked either.

prophecy0

GAH! I had what was going to be a (possible) game winning goal. With less than a minute left, in a tied game, I had possibly the best control of a ball than I have ever had in a Rocket League match. It just went where I wanted it to go and never felt like I had a bad angle. There were no players from the other team in the way (they were behind me). It was going to be a sure goal. Just moments from the goal, my own teammate boosted in to knock me out of the so they could get credit for the goal and missed it! We lost in overtime.

I feel like my teammates cause me more issues than the other team more often than not. I've had multiple occasions where I have a great shot lined up, or a clear line to clear out the ball, and then a team mate comes barreling through and ruins everything. However, I've been playing a lot with a friend as of late and we're beginning to develop a good rapport.

I think I've found my groove with this game. Granted I lay back on defense and then poach like Chicharito but it's working for me. This might be the most fun I've had with a sports game since like NFL Blitz or NBA Jam.

prophecy0

I think I've found my groove with this game. Granted I lay back on defense and then poach like Chicharito but it's working for me. This might be the most fun I've had with a sports game since like NFL Blitz or NBA Jam.

I definitely play my best when I hang back on my team's half of the field and take shots / attacks of opportunity. I just tend to get carried away and abandon my post too often.

Unicorn

Certainly! There's been such a void for the novel arcadey sports games. It was really too bad that Mutant League Football Kickstarter wanted to aim for mobile. Nobody asked for that, and I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea (not to mention the main dude behind it seemed so disheveled I had little faith a good product would have even emerged from them).

I never played the NBA Jam reboot from 2008 (?) Was it any good?

Linius

Somebody's got to hang back at at least midfield.

I'm usually the guy that hangs back. Often all the way at the goal. I don't score a lot of goals but I'm getting better at defending. Picked up some shots flying towards the top corners of my goal already. These feel so good. Sadly I mix those up with silly mistakes :lol

Linius

Didn't someone in here already post a video of some guy flying trough the arena constantly hitting aerials and then score a goal? I really hope they can keep those kind of losers to a minimum. Those people ruin the game.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Didn't someone in here already post a video of some guy flying trough the arena constantly hitting aerials and then score a goal? I really hope they can keep those kind of losers to a minimum. Those people ruin the game.

hes called kronovi and doesnt cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom