• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtis

Anybody know what the level is for veteran?

Pretty sure it is 30.

I have started to get them when playing 2v2 and i am only like 21. Guess it is because my teammate is ranked almost 30. Very satisfying to beat however!

Btw i love playing a little laidback and go for crazy aerials, feels so good when they actually work! Haha. My tip is to start trying with em' as soon as possible, best way to learn.

Why do so few people play ranked? I can understand not wanting to play ranked when you're just starting out, but the whole point of the ranking score is to ensure you get good opponents for your skill level.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to playing this. Believing I'd only play for 10mins then delete it like I do most these PS+ games. I look up at the clock and 5 hours have passed. Holy crap! This game is crazy fun.

The Cowboy

I don't play ranked because i like to just have fun and not take anything to seriously, I'd do ranked only if i ever got a couple of people to play it with (and i can't be arsed to do that :p) - I'd never do it solo with randoms.

Non ranked 3v3 4Life.

I don't play ranked because i like to just have fun and not take anything to seriously, I'd do ranked only if i ever got a couple of people to play it with (and i can't be arsed to do that :p) - I'd never do it solo with randoms.

Non ranked 3v3 4Life.

I guess I don't see how playing ranked necessarily means taking it deadly seriously. I still make mistakes and have fun in ranked matches.

The Cowboy

I guess I don't see how playing ranked necessarily means taking it deadly seriously. I still make mistakes and have fun in ranked matches.

Its less about me taking it seriously and more about randoming up with players who are taking it seriously.

For me ranked is like joining a pub team, its still fun but people actually want to take it kinda seriously (some more than others), standard mode is like going down to the park and having a kick about - its just a good time and nothing happens if you loose as it was just a kick about (you loose nothing and gain nothing).

This is why in standard mode I'll still have a huge smile on my face after a 0-12 thrashing.

Haunted

2v2 if I'm coordinated with a friend, 3v3 when I'm solo

Why do so few people play ranked? I can understand not wanting to play ranked when you're just starting out, but the whole point of the ranking score is to ensure you get good opponents for your skill level.
ladder anxiety is real

people don't want to be judged, they just want to have fun

Finally getting some decent, non-laggy games in. Euro servers just seem to completely crumble for me in the early to mid evening.

That said how the hell do people who have no concept of when to attack and defend at the start, or cross the ball across their own net, end up around ranked rating 800? You kind of expect it when people are starting out but thats a lot of playtime to have put in without getting the fundamentals.

Adnor

Banned
bzl1Xjl.jpg

Someday I'll understand how the air game works, but I doubt it will be this day.

The Cowboy

Someday I'll understand how the air game works, but I doubt it will be this day.

I just don't get aerial play at all, no matter what i always miss the ball - i play a heck of a ground (defensive midfielder) game though :D.

I can see it now in 6 months, everyone will be flying overhead and I'll just be driving around the midfield.

Curufinwe

Just played with a Pathetic individual named Knockturnal_ who stopped playing with us down 2 goals with 2 minutes left to complain we were losing because of me. I took the time to reply, then immediately scored to get us within 1. But I guess he was too embarrassed to start playing again.

Lunar FC

I just don't get aerial play at all, no matter what i always miss the ball - i play a heck of a ground (defensive midfielder) game though :D.

I can see it now in 6 months, everyone will be flying overhead and I'll just be driving around the midfield.

Spend a few matches just going up for every ball for practice. Yes your teammates might curse you but who cares, they will forget about it in 2 minutes.

Just played with a Pathetic individual named Knockturnal_ who stopped playing with us down 2 goals with 2 minutes left to complain we were losing because of me. I took the time to reply, then immediately scored to get us within 1. But I guess he was too embarrassed to start playing again.

He didn't leave, just stopped playing? That's pretty funny.

2v2 if I'm coordinated with a friend, 3v3 when I'm solo

ladder anxiety is real

people don't want to be judged, they just want to have fun

That makes sense, I'm just the opposite, I feel like it's kinda pointless not to play ranked. I'm not even ranked that highly, but I still enjoy it a lot more.

I decided to play three 3v3 ranked matches since I see talk about it. Jesus christ, it was horrible.

All three matches my team won, but only because the other team was typically stuck with only two people. Get two goals ahead of them, less than half way through the game, and bam, one guy leaves. I doubt these players are crashing, because it only happened when they start to lose.

What bullshit. I want to win fair games.

The Cowboy

They should code in a system in which once you get a set number of quits within a timeframe your visual cosmetics on your car reset to default (you don't loose what you've unlocked) for a couple of matches (that must be fully completed) - and your endowed with a dunce hat that simply says "quitter" on it :D.

rossonero

Also, I'm considering disabling cross-play. Sorry PC gamers, I have nothing against you, but not being able to communicate at all, even via quick chat, sucks. Makes good teamwork difficult, unless both/all people really know what they're doing. Actually, I don't really understand why this is. If they can sync the match state between PS4 and console, why not a few short text messages?

Hmm why aren't you able to communicate? I can use both my keyboard and the quick chat while playing on PC?

So to the people saying offense gets more points than defense, I broke down the points

Points for Offense:
Shots on Goal [30]
Center Ball [20]
Goal [100]
Hat Trick [30?]

+ additional points for Aerial/backward/bicycle goals, assists, and playmaker (3 assists)

Then for defense:

Save [50]
Epic Save [60]
Clear Ball [20]
Saviour [50]

While there aren't any real dedicated roles in this game, I think a boost to Saves [50 -> 60], Epic Saves to like [60 -> 80] and Saviours [50 -> 80] would be more balanced.

Shots on Goals seems highly generous and could probably be cut to like 10 points.

They should code in a system in which once you get a set number of quits within a timeframe your visual cosmetics on your car reset to default (you don't loose what you've unlocked) for a couple of matches (that must be fully completed) - and your endowed with a dunce hat that simply says "quitter" on it :D.

Lmao.

BShadowJ

So to the people saying offense gets more points than defense, I broke down the points

Points for Offense:
Shots on Goal [30]
Center Ball [20]
Goal [100]
Hat Trick [30?]

+ additional points for Aerial/backward/bicycle goals, assists, and playmaker (3 assists)

Then for defense:

Save [50]
Epic Save [60]
Clear Ball [20]
Saviour [50]

While there aren't any real dedicated roles in this game, I think a boost to Saves [50 -> 60], Epic Saves to like [60 -> 80] and Saviours [50 -> 80] would be more balanced.

Shots on Goals seems highly generous and could probably be cut to like 10 points.

To be fair you should try and keep moving around between offense and defense... So you should get a good amount of points either way if you're doing work :p

Also I suck at defense, let me have my points god damnit!!

just won a 3v3 match in which a teammate quit when it was 2-0. we came right back and won in overtime 4-3 playing 2v3. it was amazing how much better our team got the moment that guy(gal) quit. so satisfying. fuuuuck that quitter!

curious, how many seasons have you played against pro bots?

I'm in the middle of my 4th season now. But what does that have to do, at all, with how a bot plays against random enemies who may or may not work as a team, and with allies who are capable of taking care of the indecisive moments?

I get it, you are the god of Rocket League, he who makes Kronovi, G1bb0s, and SadJunior bow before you like peons before your mighty self.

For us mere mortals the AI is still probably too good on offense.

Travo

Has anyone had issues with the PS4 being very loud and hot while playing this? It only seems to happen while playing this game.

Grinchy

Banned
Now that the SARPBC secret is out, I can't help but do it whenever I start the game bwahahahah

And I think I'll finally pass 1000 on Ranked 3v3... Dunno why but it felt harder than the push for 1000 on Ranked Doubles :/

It's the opposite for me. I can barely play any 3v3 and still get over 1000, but 2v2 never moves after many games.

Iced

The more I play this garbage map the more I hate it.

The framerate is always poop and the aliasing makes it look like buttcheeks. The game would be better without it.

PS4? I've never noticed any framerate issues with the PC version.

Skyzard

Banned
The more I play this garbage map the more I hate it.

The framerate is always poop and the aliasing makes it look like buttcheeks. The game would be better without it.

No...that's my favourite level. Looks glorious in 4k.

A nice Sega vibe too.

ryDm7NB.jpg

Iced

Speaking of aliasing though: does anyone use any of the post-anti aliasing methods offered? I can't stand having my screen go that blurry so I don't use any. Looks alright enough at 1080p. Has anyone forced other AA methods with good results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom