• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoolyNinja

Had this same conversation 3 times so far.

ME: You should download Rocket League, it's awesome
THEM: What is it?
ME: Soccer with cars, but trust me its great and it's free with PS+
THEM: I don't really like sports
ME: Just download it, if you don't like it you can delete it
THEM: Fine

We then try it and they don't want to stop playing. I think having the ability to play against bots for a while is a great way to ease someone into the game. People can build their confidence up a bit while also figuring out what they need to work on, etc.

Unicorn

Had this same conversation 3 times so far.

ME: You should download Rocket League, it's awesome
THEM: What is it?
ME: Soccer with cars, but trust me its great and it's free with PS+
THEM: I don't really like sports
ME: Just download it, if you don't like it you can delete it
THEM: Fine

We then try it and they don't want to stop playing. I think having the ability to play against bots for a while is a great way to ease someone into the game. People can build their confidence up a bit while also figuring out what they need to work on, etc.

Yes. I've gotten a friend or two into it by taking my laptop to their place, hooking it up to the TV, and playing split screen for a bit.

The more people playing, the better. Eventually the playerbase will dwindle and I want a sizable community to play with haha

Tan

So I bought this on PC.

Got into a ranked match where someone immediately dropped out so we were 2 v 3. I played out of my mind and the other guy was the most amazing goalkeeper I've ever seen. We obliterated the other team. We were both so blown away we just patted each other on the back for like a minute after the game ended.

Rocket League is pretty good.

Unicorn

Is there a chance Sweet Tooth will eventually come to PC? I mean Twisted Metal 2 was on PC...
LLShC.gif

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this game needs a "Mute text chat" or "Friendly text chat only" option.

The latter exists if you want to read just your teammates texts

Id like this feature too, with a "Player has muted you" notification to send a message to annoying jerks who act like cruel kids

Lmao dude I did the same. I still played a bit tonight though. Just a few games while she was out.
See you on there man. Lookin forward to getting some GAF games in again. Hopefully get a full party going. I needed the break, the game was consuming almost all of my free time outside of eating and work.

rafaelr

we can report server issues now:
https://psyonixhr.wufoo.com/forms/game-server-performance-report/

from reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3eqa2n/help_us_track_down_server_issues/):
Help us report server issues as they occur. If you join a server but it is not running smoothly, take note of the server identifier on the scoreboard screen and report it here.

This form is not for high ping issues (>150) as that indicates an issue with your personal connectivity to the server. However if you have a low ping and everyone in the game is also having issues it is probably a server to report.

The sooner you report the server the better as we need to catch the problem as it occurs.

Entered a game midway on a team that was down 2-0. Moreover, the other team was all trash talking them.

We wound up winning 3-2 in overtime.

The next game we won 5-0.

Don't talk shit if you can't start shit.

Overtime gets so tense when it's been going on for a while. Just had one last over six minutes and it was terrifying, would have killed me to lose after all that time!

dot

Is there any reason why this game doesn't have a 2 pack/3 pack/4 pack on steam?
Because I feel like there should be.

TheFatMan

I need more items to unlock and cars to play with. Bring me DLC Psyonix!

edit: I've been gaming for twenty five years and that is the first time I've begged for DLC.....

I need more items to unlock and cars to play with. Bring me DLC Psyonix!

edit: I've been gaming for twenty five years and that is the first time I've begged for DLC.....
I do hope they do the dlc in the fasion of a pack you buy that adds to the drops after a game. I miss getting drops =(

Sullichin

Bought this on Steam even though I have the PS+ version. Looking forward to hopefully being able to party with PS4 people on PC so I can play with my roommate without needing split screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom