• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

Got all the trophies except for the drive 500 km one. Has there any word from them if that'll be patched to work for online games?

IMACOMPUTA

Rubber band on controller and go get a drink or something.

Timing people out for quitting only creates new problems.

???

How is having someone idle worse than someone quitting? Ever?

CSGO style penalty for quitting would be great in this game. Obviously you're going to get trolls no matter what. It cant be perfect. But there's a chance that if someone were idling (driving around and not trying to help) they might change their mind once you start scoring and tie it up or something.
If they leave you're just fucked.

The Cowboy

I do hope they do the dlc in the fasion of a pack you buy that adds to the drops after a game. I miss getting drops =(

Same here, its a weird one to request for a DLC but even if i buy the cosmetic DLC i still want to actually unlock it via the gameplay.

I hated that in Sonic Transformed for example, that when you bought a DLC racer it was max level and all mods unlocked by default - i wanted to buy the character and earn the level and mods.
-
Little request/suggestion for a possible DLC customisation pack/section.

We have options for wheels, paint, rocket trails etc, i would love a new section called "Under Body" - in this section you'd unlock under car lighting in various colours.

I've introduced two people to this game. Both went into it just trying the game out as a favor for me; both came out telling me this game is "fucking awesome."

Praise Psyonix

todahawk

You can get it even if its glitched, I unlocked mine on the same wheels at around 70km while driving offline. If you are only playing online, you are out of luck (as of right now).

no luck here, I did a 30 game season offline and practice quite a bit. The wheels I've been using are stuck at 10 miles and it doesn't change no matter how much I drive. Tried switching wheels too, none of them seem to track for me.

Pepiope

no luck here, I did a 30 game season offline and practice quite a bit. The wheels I've been using are stuck at 10 miles and it doesn't change no matter how much I drive. Tried switching wheels too, none of them seem to track for me.
It works when you're in free play as well? I guess you can just freeplay and ride around until you are connected to a match online. It will take a little longer, but it will get done.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I've read posts with people asking for a darker maps and then saw this (not mine)... Would be an excellent tron-like map/mode with ion trails:

i suggested a complete tron like arena to the devs but havent got a solid response.
but im it would make total sense..
should be easily doable and should be good performance wise as you dont need much geometry and no textures..

and it would look sick as fuck

I've introduced two people to this game. Both went into it just trying the game out as a favor for me; both came out telling me this game is "fucking awesome."

Praise Psyonix

Same here. When I described it to one as "soccer with rocket cars" he pretty much groaned because he doesnt like soccer(I dont either), but this game just works and its fun as hell. Got em both hooked.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm now over 800 in ranked 1v1 and so far I've only lost one match. It was a match I should have won too, but my concentration levels dipped when my opponent kept saying how amazing my goals were.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
i feel if the devs dont do something about the fucked ranked very very soon it will seriously harm the game.
its almost completly pointless right now to play ranked. either the server lags like shit, you get disconnected, some player quits early (which is even more detrimental in 2on2 ranked) or the oponent leaves 5 seconds before game ends so you only get win by forfeit.
I thought it was impossible that i would say this sometime back when i played the beta, but currently the game is not fun.

i feel if the devs dont do something about the fucked ranked very very soon it will seriously harm the game.
its almost completly pointless right now to play ranked. either the server lags like shit, you get disconnected, some player quits early (which is even more detrimental in 2on2 ranked) or the oponent leaves 5 seconds before game ends so you only get win by forfeit.
I thought it was impossible that i would say this sometime back when i played the beta, but currently the game is not fun.

Seasons/Ranked restart every month, I think. Or at least I'm expecting so for August.

Im under the impression that they will have unlocks for placing in ranked too, so like special cosmetics for your performance. Dont quote me on that though. It's at least what I hope to see

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Seasons/Ranked restart every month, I think. Or at least I'm expecting so for August.

Im under the impression that they will have unlocks for placing in ranked too, so like special cosmetics for your performance. Dont quote me on that though. It's at least what I hope to see
Oh god I hope that's not true. I don't want to go back to being matched with new or bad players.

Pepiope

I hope this is a lie. I got to 1000+ on 3v3 and then moved on to 2v2 only to play some really bad/new players. I would hate to have to play those type of players every month.

Hasney

I'm not sure about every month, but when the update box was working, it did say it was pre-season and it would be reset in August. Basically, the best players will win stuff in the main season.

Juicy Bob

Man, when you get a good group together online, it is so damn fun.

Just had an epic 4-4 overtime game end in my scoring a goal after more than five solid minutes of play. Amazing stuff.

Oh god I hope that's not true. I don't want to go back to being matched with new or bad players.

I hope this is a lie. I got to 1000+ on 3v3 and then moved on to 2v2 only to play some really bad/new players. I would hate to have to play those type of players every month.

Sorry, probably not every month. I was thinking of Hearthstone and figured it would be similar.

But we are in pre-season and do expect some kind of system to keep things fresh... I mean, how long is a season supposed to be? Pre-season implies multiple seasons, but probably not total resets.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It is true, Psyonix mentioned a while back that we're in the pre-season right now and there's going to be a reset when the first season starts.

Hmm, so all the ranked leaderboards will reset? While the idea of seasons is cool for keeping things fresh, I think it should be a separate thing. There should also be an all-time leaderboard that doesn't reset IMO.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They need to at least find some way of making it so that high rated players from pre season will be matched appropriately from the start. It's boring making good players have non competitive matches, and it's unfair for new players to be matched with those people.

Also I'm not the only one that finds 1v1 to be the easiest mode to play, right?

Iced

I don't think I can play this game anymore without my friends.

Playing with randoms online is just so frustrating to me lately. More than half the time, whoever is starting in or nearest to the net completely abandons their post and I have to fall back to cover their ass. It always comes down to everyone just rushing towards the ball with no strategy in mind whatsoever, other than "must hit ball".

Last night, I finally got a party together with three of my friends, all using mics. It was a glorious thing. We all communicated effectively throughout, and we ended up winning a good majority of the matches we played. It was super fun and extremely satisfying. No one was lone-wolfing it. Everyone had teamwork in mind.

I wish there was some tutorial that explained how critical the left quickchat commands can be. I always indicate that I'm defending if I'm in net at the kickoff, or "I got it!" if I plan on charging for the ball. I honestly don't think I've seen one person yet indicate that they're defending using quickchat, and I've played this game for 43 hours. Communication is so important in this game, and I don't think enough players realize this. So until some solution is implemented, it looks like my playtime will be more limited than I would like.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm getting really fucking pissed at all the damn leavers you get in this game. Especially when more often than not it's THEIR fault that things are going badly. Whiny little fucking babies. It's just no fun.

hydruxo

Hmm, so all the ranked leaderboards will reset? While the idea of seasons is cool for keeping things fresh, I think it should be a separate thing. There should also be an all-time leaderboard that doesn't reset IMO.

Yeah I'm not sure exactly how they'll do it but I agree some stuff shouldn't get reset so you at least keep some sense of progress. Would suck to have every stat wiped each reset.

Dmonzy

Yeah I'm not sure exactly how they'll do it but I agree some stuff shouldn't get reset so you at least keep some sense of progress. Would suck to have every stat wiped each reset.

Yeah, I'd much rather they introduce a new ranking that is obviously meant to reset each month and keep the current one as a global rank to help filter matchmaking. The idea of having all your hard work reset each month would completely kill my interest in the game.

I hope the next patch truly does fix the Bot AI to scale with player levels.

I was in a 2v2 game the other day. We scored 2 goals right away so one of our opponents rage quit. The bot that replaced him/her must've been powered by Skynet. It quickly went on to score the next 10 -UNANSWERED- goals to win the game against us.

Brashnir

I hope the next patch truly does fix the Bot AI to scale with player levels.

I was in a 2v2 game the other day. We scored 2 goals right away so one of our opponents rage quit. The bot that replaced him/her must've been powered by Skynet. It quickly went on to score the next 10 -UNANSWERED- goals to win the game against us.

Iceman is OP.

Skyzard

Banned
Bug right?

A1lhhHU.png

It's the only trophy left :S

In the Extras -> Stats section, two things are still greyed out for me, juggling and extermination. Maybe it's related.

So from now on if you leave any match, it'll cost you?

From now on? It's already done?
Did they say something? Did a patch get released?

Maybe they can do it server side.

I just played a guy in 1v1 ranked who just kept driving around the track after I scored off the kickoff. I asked him why he was doing that since it was only 1 goal and he asked why did I care. That he was trying to get the 500km trophy. I told him it didn't track online, only offline, until the patch but he just kept driving around doing nothing. I don't understand why you'd choose ranked to waste people's time besides the fact that you just like wasting time.

I just played a guy in 1v1 ranked who just kept driving around the track after I scored off the kickoff. I asked him why he was doing that since it was only 1 goal and he asked why did I care. That he was trying to get the 500km trophy. I told him it didn't track online, only offline, until the patch but he just kept driving around doing nothing. I don't understand why you'd choose ranked to waste people's time besides the fact that you just like wasting time.

Because people are pricks.

DavidDesu

Really enjoying this and been playing at least an hour a night (some nights/days far more). Really looking forward to some incentives/punishments added to help stop people quitting online games. Yesterday I encountered my first bad run of laggy games and dropped connections, up til then it was a pretty flawless and immediate online system. Everything is so quick in this game.

The game itself, fun as anything but I'm making slow progress having much success when I try flying in. Think I'll need to spend some time in the single player game where I can experiment guilt free.

This will be amazing once a few bugs are ironed out, people stop constantly quitting online games, and we get more cars and cool unlockables.

Addictive, fun, never really gets boring unless you get a bad run of games with annoying team mates, but that is surprisingly rare!

Has there been any word from the Devs on how to solve the issue with people quitting in Ranked games?

It's getting so bad my desire to play the game is slipping :(

I cant wait for the patch, I hope it gets rid of the framerate drops on PS4.

Has there been any word from the Devs on how to solve the issue with people quitting in Ranked games?

It's getting so bad my desire to play the game is slipping :(

Yeah, punishment will probably be out this week in a patch.

Sullichin

Anyone else regularly swap between PS4 and PC? Anyone else hate the PS4 version with a fiery fucking passion?

I started doing this. PC version runs better and looks nicer and has PS4 button prompts. I don't have any problem with the PS4 version though, what's wrong with it?

The input lag after playing on PC ruins me. I feel like I'm 60% of the player on PS4 (this crawls up as I get used to it). I guess I'm just tired so it's annoying me more than usual.

I'd love to 1v1 a clone of myself on PS4/PC though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom