• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
The input lag after playing on PC ruins me. I feel like I'm 60% of the player on PS4 (this crawls up as I get used to it). I guess I'm just tired so it's annoying me more than usual.

I'd love to 1v1 a clone of myself on PS4/PC though..

Input lag on PC... v-sync related maybe?

ekimneems

Neo Member
I don't think I can play this game anymore without my friends.

Playing with randoms online is just so frustrating to me lately. More than half the time, whoever is starting in or nearest to the net completely abandons their post and I have to fall back to cover their ass. It always comes down to everyone just rushing towards the ball with no strategy in mind whatsoever, other than "must hit ball".

Last night, I finally got a party together with three of my friends, all using mics. It was a glorious thing. We all communicated effectively throughout, and we ended up winning a good majority of the matches we played. It was super fun and extremely satisfying. No one was lone-wolfing it. Everyone had teamwork in mind.

I wish there was some tutorial that explained how critical the left quickchat commands can be. I always indicate that I'm defending if I'm in net at the kickoff, or "I got it!" if I plan on charging for the ball. I honestly don't think I've seen one person yet indicate that they're defending using quickchat, and I've played this game for 43 hours. Communication is so important in this game, and I don't think enough players realize this. So until some solution is implemented, it looks like my playtime will be more limited than I would like.

Totally agree. I said this earlier in the thread. If you're diagonal alone, you go for it. If you're closest to the net, you stay back. If both are diagonal, someone should say I Got It or Defending. Pretty simple!

When a teammate doesn't follow those rules, I automatically know they are not a team player. I find 2v2 has more people that are focused on team work but it's still a crapshoot.

I guess that at worst, when these people are my teammates I have to try my best to just play more defense and hope they get lucky on offense but without a coordinated team effort it's much harder to do that. Then my stats suffer and I can't gain any rank. It's very frustrating.

But somehow, no matter how mad I get (and I'll admit I've been guilty of rage-quitting but only after some seriously egregious shit), I always start up another match. The game is just too damn fun even when I'm bad.

Tomtis

Having a bad night. The last couple of days i have played like possessed, with crazy aerials and saves all around the place. Started to actually think i won't suck at this. But tonight, not so much. Misses every god damn ball, frustrating teammates and it's just MEH.

Will take a break.

And i agree with you guys, after you played with friends for some nights it's almost impossible to go back with randoms. 95% of the world population is retarded. That's a fact after playing this.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Do all the good players come out at night or something? I made it to 870 in 1v1 only losing 1 match. But for the last hour I just couldn't buy a win. I'm all the way down to 750 now. Makes no sense whatsoever. I was making so many dumbass mistakes.

Lylo

When you're losing too much or making dumb mistakes it's time to take a break. If you don't want to stop and wish to keep playing the game, at least spend some time in free training or the other training modes, it's good to remember basic good practices and get rid of vices you gain from playing match after match.

Karu

I wanna short option to auto-ignore quitters. It fucking sucks. The 2 people that have an legit excuse are not enough t0 upset, those whiny loosers.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When you're losing too much or making dumb mistakes it's time to take a break. If you don't want to stop and wish to keep playing the game, at least spend some time in free training or the other training modes, it's good to remember basic good practices and get rid of vices you gain from playing match after match.
Yeah definitely. I should have stopped way before I did. The problem is that I get really pissed off when I underperform like that and I have the mentality of "I'm gonna keep playing until I get this right. Not stopping until I win. Not stopping until I win".

Anyone else regularly swap between PS4 and PC? Anyone else hate the PS4 version with a fiery fucking passion?

If they can fix the framerate on every map but Urban, that'd be great. It's a massively annoying inconsistency and I dont want it swept under the rug.

Bug right?

A1lhhHU.png

It's the only trophy left :S

Maybe they can do it server side.

Bug. Believe it's on the list for next week's patch.

Lylo

Yeah definitely. I should have stopped way before I did. The problem is that I get really pissed off when I underperform like that and I have the mentality of "I'm gonna keep playing until I get this right. Not stopping until I win. Not stopping until I win".

Yeah, i know what you mean, this is how you go bankrupt in Vegas. Hehe

akileese

I'm getting really fucking pissed at all the damn leavers you get in this game. Especially when more often than not it's THEIR fault that things are going badly. Whiny little fucking babies. It's just no fun.

It's not just ranked either. This stuff is happening in droves in normal too. I had a game yesterday morning we won 4-3 where the other team had 7 members in a game of four due to leavers (not including bots). To me there's only two ways to fix this.

1: Basically give them a deserter debuff like in MMOs where you can't queue for a certain amount of time if you leave. A bit harsh, especially considering the networking issues on the PSN side of things but a good solution none the less.

2: Force leavers to queue strictly with other leavers until they can survive a predetermined amount of complete games (Say...10?). 10 is nice to me because it means the person has to basically dedicate one whole hour of play just to getting out of jail.

This final one is just my opinion, but you should not be able to join a game with less than 90 seconds left. I keep getting pushed into ridiculous 6-0 games with under 2 minutes left and that gets old really fast.

Other than that, loving it. Rocket League is damn near the most fun I've had playing an online game since Socom II.

Ardenyal

Closing in on 1.2k 3v3 ranked rating at 4 rank points per win and then get knocked back to 1.1k in two games because im expected to carry two low ranked players vs three average ranked players.

Funny thing is that if i were to win those games i would gain one rank point. There's no sense in playing those games but sometimes i cant cancel the search in time.

I wish you could limit the matchmaking so it wouldnt widen the search to include everyone.

Grinchy

Banned
Closing in on 1.2k 3v3 ranked rating at 4 rank points per win and then get knocked back to 1.1k in two games because im expected to carry two low ranked players vs three average ranked players.

Funny thing is that if i were to win those games i would gain one rank point. There's no sense in playing those games but sometimes i cant cancel the search in time.

I wish you could limit the matchmaking so it wouldnt widen the search to include everyone.

Yeah, that was a problem I was going through recently with 2v2. It was pairing me up with literally the 20 best players on the leaderboards every game. Even when I'd eek out a win, I wouldn't get many points and each loss was killing me. Then the next day I'd grind up 3 point wins all day just to lose it all again the next night in one match.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

How do you know what ranking people have?

Ardenyal

How do you know what ranking people have?

You can't see their points but you can get a general sense of how much time people have had with the game on their semi-pro / pro / veteran status.

Higher ranked players also play very differently from people who just started the game. No crowding under an aerial ball jumping in place or just chasing the ball just to get a hit no matter what.

Karu

The more I play this game, the more shit talking I run into. It's getting very annoying. Can't people just be chill?
Had a team where we were one goal behind, maybe 1 minute or so in and my team mates are calling EACH OTHER fags. Because one of them told the other one to defend. We won 6:4, Idon't knowhow. Just embarrasing and a downer to top it off.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Finally unbanned! Last 3 ranked games were a major bummer, 2 games in a row my teammates quit right off the bat, then the third one had some serious lag :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do we know if the patch will fix the 500km achievement so it takes the full 500km to unlock? Or is the measurement wrong right now?

Either way, wondering if I should be grinding for it right now or not lol

The more I play this game, the more shit talking I run into. It's getting very annoying. Can't people just be chill?

ive noticed this as well. was bound to happen given the competitive nature of the game. really would just prefer a more robust list of phrases and take out custom chat or at least let us disable it.

The Cowboy

Gutted, did my 1st flying through the air aerial smash from the half way line (it had quite some stonk on it), only to have an epic save off the line :(.

Getting used to flying now, once you learn to tippy tap the boost its much easier.

BShadowJ

Gutted, did my 1st flying through the air aerial smash from the half way line (it had quite some stonk on it), only to have an epic save off the line :(.

Getting used to flying now, once you learn to tippy tap the boost its much easier.

Damn I know that feeling well... :x But still, even when those are saved I'm still happy that I hit it in the first place and that I am improving my aerial skills ^^

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeaaaah I'm done playing 3v3 solo until they fix leavers. I don't know how they allocate +/- in terms of rating but there's no sense in having a losing team that is full strength get less negative than a team that loses (2-1) while 2v3 the entire game.

It wasn't even a disconnect, the guy connected and idled out. :/

Duraigo

Finally got around to downloading it today, and all there is to say is:
tumblr_noh76nHVWj1slgoado1_500.gif

Seriously though, I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time.

Valkrai

New map hype!

I kinda wish it had the crazy goal locations like the original, but oh well.

That'd be nice but Psyonix needs to be careful now for competitive play unless they do something like CSGO with 2 different playlists (Active Duty and Reserve Maps).

Mordeccai

wont the massive metal sphere moving at 80 km/h smash into the crowd in the stands in this new stage?

I mean, it's not even like the stands to go see Shamu, where you *might* get wet. This is "at some point this huge ass ball is GOING to fly into you 100% guaranteed"

0/10 DLC absolutely illogical ty psyonix

Iced

The map they release after this won't even have a field to drive on. Truly, the developers have lost their way with all their success, SMH.

Edit:
For those who are seriously asking where the dome is, they're likely not including it in this image because they want to show their map unobscured. It's just gonna look like all the other domes anyway.

Iced

Have the devs given any indicators of how frequently they'll be releasing maps, how much they'll cost, bundles, ideas for said maps, etc?

And if no, would any devs care to right now, in this very thread?

FJFWXAo.gif

Lunar FC

Have the devs given any indicators of how frequently they'll be releasing maps, how much they'll cost, bundles, ideas for said maps, etc?

Maps will always be free, and from the looks of it, nearly identical in shape. :(

Vire

All future map releases are free. I don't think a time table has been set for when the maps will come out but I know this Utopia one is due in a few short weeks.

In terms of paid DLC, there will be aesthetic stuff like new hats, cars and toppers.

Iced

Awesome. I don't think there's been a game I've craved DLC for more than this one.

Edit: I'm seeing most of my questions were in the OP. Pardon my junior-ness. I'd love to hear some of their map ideas though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom