• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, didn't see it. I was asking for US-West, though.
I just switched to US-East and it seems a little bit better so it's the game on my end.
oh okay, you meant that you picked match making only with us-west?

I just select worldwide, and every so often I do get some laggisome.

BTW - is there a way to tell which of the people you are playing with are from Ps4 or PC? just curiously.

BShadowJ

You cross paths with an expert hacker. He holds you hostage. He gives you a choice: pick your favourite song, or Rocket League goes offline forever.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think if I'd really have to pick one, I'd pick Seeing Whats Next. I Can Be is a close second though.

Drewfonse

iFNPq1b.gif

Ok then,

Just re upped for 3 months, DLing now

Dr Prob

Banned
BTW - is there a way to tell which of the people you are playing with are from Ps4 or PC? just curiously.

I play on PS4 and am just assuming that it works the other way as well here; when you bring up the in-game scoreboard (or look at it at the end of a match) people from the other platform will have a default, silhouette-type of avatar. Along those lines, on the PS4 sometimes PC player names display differently between the pre-match loading list on the right hand side of the screen, scoreboard and after-goal/replay stuff.

ElFly

Wondering the logistics to get some 4 players "local" play (local as in my house).

Buying other 3 DS4 controllers is prohibitively expensive. May just get one extra one, buy the game on steam and then use my old controllers on PC. On the other hand my pc is not as powerful as my pc, at least as far as gpus go (660).

I can easily get 2v2 on pc vs ps4, right?

Unicorn

Wondering the logistics to get some 4 players "local" play (local as in my house).

Buying other 3 DS4 controllers is prohibitively expensive. May just get one extra one, buy the game on steam and then use my old controllers on PC. On the other hand my pc is not as powerful as my pc, at least as far as gpus go (660).

I can easily get 2v2 on pc vs ps4, right?
Can't cross platform party currently. :/

Are replays displaying the wrong names for anyone else? I'm the only person with the Sweet Tooth car in the replay I saved, but it has a different PSN name above it.

prophecy0

Does anyone know of a way to get nVidia DSR resolutions to show up in game? I can force a higher res by editing the config file and making it read-only, but I don't like this solution because I'm afraid it will cause issues any time the game is patched.

I'm not sure if this is something nVidia needs to fix or the RL devs can fix.

That feeling when your 3-2 down with 20 seconds to go and you score and bring it to 3-3, then 3 seconds to go you score again and win 4-3 as MVP - so good.

portugal-01-goal-celebration.gif

Haha, I've never really had the EPIC COMEBACK in this game yet. Until last night. I was lagging like anything in a 2v2 and my teammate and I were 5-1 down. With 1:25 left on the clock, the lag finally stopped, and this happened :D

http://www.twitch.tv/teamrocketrl/v/9014210

(warning: swearing and a Scottish accent.)

I can't make up my mind how I feel about Utopia. On the one hand, it's totally gorgeous. On the other...it's not Utopia. It's Squaretopia. I guess weird maps are coming eventually, and I can wait.

Ace001

Can anyone tell me why the km on my tires isn't going up?

Do I need to play ranked?

I'm a pro rank but still haven't got my 500km trophy... Is the normal?

Forkball

Is hitting the ball back into your territory, allowing the other team to score goals some sort of strategy I don't know about? Cause it happens all the time.

Hasney

Is hitting the ball back into your territory, allowing the other team to score goals some sort of strategy I don't know about? Cause it happens all the time.

I GOTTA TOUCH THE BALL GIMMIE DAT BALL BALLS I'LL HIT IT AND BE THE ROCKET KING GOTTA TOUCH THE BALL OMG GOTTA HIT IT NOW I DON'T CARE WHERE THAT FUCK IN GOAL IS COMING TO HIT THE BALL AWAY SNEAK FUCK BUT I GOTTA TOUCH THE BALL BALL BALLLLLSSSS

Juicy Bob

Sometimes I'll deliberately hit the ball above our crossbar or at the wall adjacent to the goal to try and clear it from our box, but sometimes it plays right into the hands of an opposition player who was hanging back. But sometimes you have to be pro-active about defending even if it doesn't seem the obvious thing to do.

Bollocks

August is the start of the full season, July was just pre-season. It might not be on the first though, they might coincide it with the new patch.

Not sure if it's reset monthly or what after that.

what? full season, preseason, have I missed something?
is there a link to what you're talking about?

Hasney

what? full season, preseason, have I missed something?
is there a link to what you're talking about?

It was on the information box on the main menu screen day 1, which they then disabled to help with the servers.

EDIT: mentioned on the PSN Blog too.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...-rocket-league-out-today-on-playstation-plus/

Speaking of which, the first several weeks of Ranked play is officially known as “Pre-Season,” which will allow players to test themselves while learning how our system works. “Season 1″ will formally kick off sometime in August.

So not specifically August 1st, but sometime in August fo' sho'.

Dispatch

That will happen, but what you're doing is like playing a shooter and seeing everyone rush a chokepoint over and over and coming to the conclusion that the game is shallow. When you matchmake with randoms, sometimes it gets dumb (still fun as hell IMO). But the more time you spend with the game, the more you pick up on the intricacies of the physics and how to control the ball/field, and the more you'll get matched up with people who really know what they're doing. Trying to beat a team with a godlike goalie and/or players who are properly setting each other up is really difficult.

And that's before even getting into the players who have mastered aerial control. They look like Shaolin masters playing against white belts.

Here's an example of Shaolin masters. I was just floored watching some of these.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-never-be-as-good-as-these-rocket-league-player-1720897031

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It has been a crazy busy week with work, assignments, and a job interview and I didn't get to play since Sunday. Can't wait to finish todays class so I can finally binge on Rocket League again all day.

I was so happy for Fysho when Kotaku put up his stuff. He said Kotaku was the only gaming site he actually bothered to visit, so them being the ones to feature him was like the stars aligning, bless 'im :3

Been playing ranked and been up in the Pro Solo Standard for about a week or so now. Still seeing the same stuff, maybe at a lesser clip though. I swear there's a FAQ somewhere for Rocket League players that reads something like...

Q: I love hitting the ball! But should I absolutely hit the ball at all times, even when my teammate has a sure goal or Im facing our own side or even our own net?

A: Fuck yeah.

Q: So Im playing a Solo Standard Ranked game, and the other team just took the lead 1-0 with 4:48 left in the game. Any strategies you can recommend?

A: Don't hesitate.... GTFO of that game.

Stacey

Banned
Been playing ranked and been up in the Pro Solo Standard for about a week or so now. Still seeing the same stuff, maybe at a lesser clip though. I swear there's a FAQ somewhere for Rocket League players that reads something like...

Q: I love hitting the ball! But should I absolutely hit the ball at all times, even when my teammate has a sure goal or Im facing our own side or even our own net?

A: Fuck yeah.

Q: So Im playing a Solo Standard Ranked game, and the other team just took the lead 1-0 with 4:48 left in the game. Any strategies you can recommend?

A: Don't hesitate.... GTFO of that game.

I laughed so hard at the last answer. so damn true

JackHerer

Gonna post this one more time since I gotta believe at least some people care about getting rid of the 60 fps cap in this game (PC).

To uncap Open TaSystemSettings.ini which is located in Documents\my games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config\ and change AllowPerFrameSleep=True to AllowPerFrameSleep=False

Game really feels great at high frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom