• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Giantbomb's Us vs. Them: Rocket League livestream is live right now.

Follow the link here. The previous games were amazing to watch. Team GBEAST better step it up.

CLHEetcUYAA-crS.jpg

This will be exactly the same shape as all the other maps or am i missing something? Would love new shapes actually lol.. Or poles or something..

The Cowboy

That feeling when your 3-2 down with 20 seconds to go and you score and bring it to 3-3, then 3 seconds to go you score again and win 4-3 as MVP - so good.

portugal-01-goal-celebration.gif

Salsa

people keep thinking im a bot cause im named "Salsa" startin with a capital letter I guess

also cause im super good obvs

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That feeling when your 3-2 down with 20 seconds to go and you score and bring it to 3-3, then 3 seconds to go you score again and win 4-3 as MVP - so good.

In a 1v1 game the other day I was a goal down with 17 seconds left when I equalised. Then with 1 second left I got the winner. Then the guy typed "what just happened?" It was great.

weekev

Banned
I take it back, folks are lucky to have me in their team. Just went from being total shit to scoring all 6 goals in a 6-1 win. Epic!

16BitNova

So good! Played a game a few days ago where we were down 2-1 and my teammate tied the game at the exact moment the clock turned to 00:00! Literally jumped out of my seat.
then we lost the overtime lol but great feeling nonetheless.

Pyrogeek

Any thoughts on whether I should get this on Steam or PS4?

I'm leaning toward Steam since I tend to play on my PC more often though it would be a good excuse to use my PS4. I assume both platforms are comparable in turns of playerbase?

weekev

Banned

I'm leaning toward Steam since I tend to play on my PC more often though it would be a good excuse to use my PS4. I assume both platforms are comparable in turns of playerbase?
If you have ps+ its free on ps4 for the next few days....

Hoo-doo

Banned

To me this is a essential couch-play game. Co-op splitscreen as well.
So if you got your PC hooked up to the TV, get it on there, otherwise i'd get it on PS4.

Grinchy

Banned

The playerbase is the same for both, it's all one player base.

The PC version is significantly better in terms of performance (assuming you have an OK PC).

Salsa

yeah i'd say PC for constant 60 frames alone. I dabbled on the PS4 version and it seems to be 45-52 most of the time. Consistent performance does make a big difference in this kind of game

that said, go PS4 if you got PS+ cause freebie

Hoo-doo

Banned
lack of aerials / everyone waitin for ball to drop on the GB game is killin mee

Dan seems to be able to pull off an aerial when it's necessary.

It's just a high risk/high reward move, it would not make sense to do it all the time.

Edit: THE CLUTCHEST OF GOALS

JackHerer

So I just realized that it is possible to uncap the framerate for PC. I have been playing at up to 144 fps and it is great. Game feels much better. The 60 FPS cap felt pretty crappy to me at times. I found the answer on steam forums through Google.

To uncap Open TaSystemSettings.ini which is located in Documents\my games\Rocket League\TAGame\Config\ and change AllowPerFrameSleep=True to AllowPerFrameSleep=False

Maybe this should be put into the OP?

So this is now one of my favorite games ever. I've been playing it like crazy for the past two days and haven't touched a single other game. I started off pretty terrible, and while I wouldn't call myself good by any means, I think I'm pretty aight.

Until a couple of hours ago, I hadn't played a single ranked game as I was worried about causing my team to lose, but I played about 15 matches and only lost like 5. And I only caused my team to lose once or twice. In overtime, no less, by knocking the ball into my team's goal while trying to go for a save. It was my best played game too. D: I still haven't played a singles or doubles game yet, and I have no desire to do so, but who knows. 3v3 and 4v4 are just too damn fun, especially the former.

I've only got about a month left before I no longer have access to a PS4, so I'm probably gonna be playing nothing but Rocket League on it until then. I don't have a mic, but if anyone wants to add me, my PSN is 'nsnsmj'.

BShadowJ

Well don't know if this was posted before but:

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/626570483480162304

BTW. Official announcement about our 1st DLC tomorrow (Jul 30) on the @PlayStation blog w/ price, timeframe, what's in it, new trailer, etc!

DLC hype! :eek:

Edit: Another nice tidbit:

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/626578450749394944

@Matt_Doza Patch 1.03 is submitted to FQA now. Just waiting on clearance to push it (that's why it's hard to announce specific patch date)

nicolajNN

now i know this game may not end up being a goty contender, but it definitely deserves some sort of award(s) by the end of the year.

Unfortunately it will be forgotten in terms of goty, but if it doesn't win every sports game award out there, something is seriously wrong in the world

Unfortunately it will be forgotten in terms of goty, but if it doesn't win every sports game award out there, something is seriously wrong in the world
i wouldn't say it's completely unfortunate. i think it is safe to say this game is pretty much universally loved though and definitely deserves some awards in its own right.

Godcannon

Shoutout to the teammate who couldn't just let this goal go in and, of course, missed it.
aV1E4U4.gif

Damn. That happens to me too sometimes, but your shot was Waaaaaayyy better. I'd be so pissed lol. Sorry..... Rocket League wall of shame right there. Submit it to rocket league cinema for fails of the week.

Another shout out to those who played Super-Sonic-Acrobatic-Rocket-Powered-Battle-Cars. I love saying that to people fast and watching them go cross eyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom