• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
New trophies

tX5AcVg.png

I haven't played for a few days...is it a new trend to spam the crap out of all messages everywhere or am I just suddenly having the most obnoxious string of randoms ever?

It's impossible to use chat for something useful when 5 people are spamming WOW non-stop, even when nothing remotely interesting is happening.

And I've had this in a string of like 10 straight games, each one with different randoms.

Yudoken

Looking for some European players!
I'm a fairly competent player and want to play with others who may even use a mic (or at least chat).
Add Yudoken on steam.

Iced

I haven't played for a few days...is it a new trend to spam the crap out of all messages everywhere or am I just suddenly having the most obnoxious string of randoms ever?

It's impossible to use chat for something useful when 5 people are spamming WOW non-stop, even when nothing remotely interesting is happening.

And I've had this in a string of like 10 straight games, each one with different randoms.

Yep, I'm seeing this too. Obnoxious as fuck. Especially because I am constantly using quickchat to let folks know what I'm doing.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've finally reached that point where I'm always thinking about this game. You know you're addicted when you make imaginary plays and jump through the air to hit the ball in your mind.

I would rather get double perfected on Street Fighter than score an own goal in this game. It's probably the most depressing humiliating thing I've ever suffered in gaming,.

Unicorn

Time to get my propeller hat memories of childhood on with my upgraded hat:

Wienerville style:

00000003.jpg

Will rep my 90s nickelodeon car up until DLC day.

Ugh, people still quitting in ranked. Ugh at me momentarily forgetting which goal is mine, lol.

I've finally reached that point where I'm always thinking about this game. You know you're addicted when you make imaginary plays and jump through the air to hit the ball in your mind.
Yo, same here. That's what happens when something is truly amazing.

Have they said if they're considering making profiles a) server-side and b) cross-platform? I've been playing on PS4 after getting it with PS+ and I'd gladly drop $20 on the Steam version as well if I could play on the same profile
[and in 60fps]

GodofWine

I just can't crack 400 skill rating on 1v1...I was at 392..was..

Tonight was the first night after playing nightly that I kinda felt like if I don't play something else I'm gonna make this game not fun...

Afrikan

Ugh, people still quitting in ranked. Ugh at me momentarily forgetting which goal is mine, lol.

This is the worst...mainly happens thankx to BallCam I'm sure.... you get spun around after a collision..staring at the ball in the air...you see an easy shot. (after playing game after game as blue orange blue orange).....and you take the shot and make the goal, but your name doesn't come up. :/

Been away from the thread so excuse me if I missed this. But I have an issue with my wheels rarely ever counting the distance I drive. Known issue? Any chance the recent update fixed that up?

Been away from the thread so excuse me if I missed this. But I have an issue with my wheels rarely ever counting the distance I drive. Known issue? Any chance the recent update fixed that up?

Yes, the patch should fix it.

Patch Notes

Rocket League Patch Notes v1.03
Released: July 31, 2015 | 186 MB

THE HEADLINES
“Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Stat tracking for online games is now properly recorded for its correlating Garage items
AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
The first player to abandon a “Ranked’ match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
(PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
(Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
Fixed multiple crash scenarios

Complete list below…

NEW FEATURES

Gameplay
“Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Content
Topper: “Cherry Top” now includes a working, rotating light
Topper: “Propellerhead” now includes a working, rotating blade
Online Play
AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
The first player to abandon a “Ranked” match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
UI/ UX
(Steam) Added “Mouse Sensitivity” setting to the “Options” menu
(Steam) Added support for more resolutions

CHANGES AND UPDATES

Training
“Freeplay” now grants truly unlimited “Rocket Boost”
UI/ UX
Stats: Player’s “Win/ Loss Ratio” is now displayed as a “Win %”

BUG FIXES

General
(PS4) Sweet Tooth now properly unlocks when completing a game with all 10 of the other Battle-Cars
(PS4) Multiple visual optimizations
Reduced, but did not eliminate, instances of the “Invisible Car” bug
Fixed multiple crash scenarios
Garage Items
Antennas
Country Flags: Congo is now appropriately-named
Country Flags: Mexico is no longer reversed
Country Flags: Northern Ireland is now correct
Country Flags: United States now shows all 50 stars
Trophies and Achievements
(Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
(PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
UI/ UX
Stat tracking for online games is now properly reflected for their correlating Garage items
Blog and Scrolling Ticker now work as intended and will not errantly show “Offline” messages
“PsyNet” icons for cross-platform players will now display properly
Main Menu Player Avatars will no longer disappear between matches
Player names are now displayed correctly during “Replays”
Localization
French, German, Italian, and Spanish-language corrections and improvements

Got the game off PS+ yesterday and I love it! It's so fun, and I love that matches are short but prompt - I can get into a room within a minute.

Still getting better, but scoring 5 goals in one match makes one feel p good ;)))

Seriously no game makes me rage like this one. I hate when you start off at the line and some lucky fucking bounce ends up in your goal I feel like this happens to me every single game

Kei-

So is cross-platform play working now?

Anyone wanna play on Steam?
Seems to be from what I can tell. I've been teamed up with a lot of PS4 players on PC.

Nice, this game should have a healthy playerbase for a long time, especially with support like this.

nomster

I see the patch notes on the other page say ~180mb, my os4 is trying to download 2gbs and keeps getting stuck. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom