• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing this almost daily for a few days now. It is truly entertaining. I lose count of the times I can go from gleeful giggling to actual sorrow in a matter of seconds.

AwShucks

Nah, it's different than anything I've seen before even significant lag. Though it's possible they changed some of the things that deal with lag. So who knows

Finally set up my PS4 so I can play this.

Played a bunch of matches, and I'm fine in ball tracking; just in the air I'm not sure what to do

DBT85

Managed to get 2 1v1 games in last night after the patch.

second one the guy quit after I went 3-0.

Felt less annoying knowing he had to wait 15 minutes.

Do you get a message to tell you you're a sack of shit?

Carm

Anyone else notice more load stuttering at the beginning of matches after the update on PS4? Prior to the update it would stutter for a moment before the match started, now this stuttering continues after the match starts for a few seconds impacting gameplay.

AcridMeat

Banned
Managed to get 2 1v1 games in last night after the patch.

second one the guy quit after I went 3-0.

Felt less annoying knowing he had to wait 15 minutes.

Do you get a message to tell you you're a sack of shit?
I mean...them quitting 1v1 isn't a problem, the game at least ends immediately.

Had someone quit on our team right after we went up 1-0 early (3v3). Ended up losing 4-3 in overtime. So damn hard to defend all of the hits.

AcridMeat

Banned
If you're raging over this, game you need to re-assess :D
Agreed. I'm a very competitive person, but I can't even get mad at own goals and tips as they're usually hilarious. So long as the person is trying.
Keepo.png

Lasty95

Seriously no game makes me rage like this one. I hate when you start off at the line and some lucky fucking bounce ends up in your goal I feel like this happens to me every single game

Remember to jump and try and get all 4 wheels to contact the ball as a first touch.

Pretty much guarantees the ball wont go behind you.

Man it's great when you get in a game with randoms and all of them are right around your skill level.

It was a party of 3 (all on PC) vs me and two randoms (also on PC), and we must have had like 6 straight games. Our team won every game by 1-2 goals. Great stuff.

Dipship31

Well this sure sucked, was a 2v2 ranked game and I put this shot up right at the buzzer. Ball was 90% over the line before touching the ground.....

BqGvyXd.png

DBT85

My brother is reporting that his 2v2 rank has dropped to 1 (might well be because he was shite) and even after 3 wins is still there.

Anyone else noticing a problem?

My brother is reporting that his 2v2 rank has dropped to 1 (might well be because he was shite) and even after 3 wins is still there.

Anyone else noticing a problem?

Didn't they say the rankings are resetting this month? Think the front page said the opening month was " pre season " and next month ( august ) was the start of the " regular season " and rankings would reset

DBT85

Didn't they say the rankings are resetting this month? Think the front page said the opening month was " pre season " and next month ( august ) was the start of the " regular season " and rankings would reset

Even then it wouldn;t take 3 wins to get it back above 10, let alone stay at 1.

I can only imagine that its tracking rank a bit slower maybe.

I'm at work so can't check it out.

EDIT: he's up to 53 now, seems to be getting back to normal.

Tomtis

Well this sure sucked, was a 2v2 ranked game and I put this shot up right at the buzzer. Ball was 90% over the line before touching the ground.....

BqGvyXd.png

Me and my Rocket League "friend" did exacly this except we managed to keep the ball in the air from about the middle field since the timer had gone out. Was some really intense stuff going on mid air until we got it so close. Of course i turned off the game in rage otherwise i would have made a video of it.

BqGvyXd.png

I am of the opinion that it should be touch the ground without any part of the ball being in the goal, but I admit it's such an oddball case I can see why they don't do it that way.

But yeah, I've had this same thing happen.

Alpende

So with those new patchnotes it says that you're banned from ranked matches when you abandon a match.

What if they server I'm playing on is so laggy the game becomes unplayable and I leave. Will I also get punished?

Xater

So with those new patchnotes it says that you're banned from ranked matches when you abandon a match.

What if they server I'm playing on is so laggy the game becomes unplayable and I leave. Will I also get punished?

Of course, how would this solution be able to notice a difference?

v1lla21

Still encountering people quitting but so far no one in my team has down it. We had two or three different teams quit yesterday when playing doubles with Zeyphersan. One of them quit when there was only 30 seconds left. I guess they'd rather wait 15 than half minute.

Xater

Still encountering people quitting but so far no one in my team has down it. We had two or three different teams quit yesterday when playing doubles with Zeyphersan. One of them quit when there was only 30 seconds left. I guess they'd rather wait 15 than half minute.

Same happened to me yesterday. Dude quit on me with 30 seconds left. I had a good chuckle.

This is the worst...mainly happens thankx to BallCam I'm sure.... you get spun around after a collision..staring at the ball in the air...you see an easy shot. (after playing game after game as blue orange blue orange).....and you take the shot and make the goal, but your name doesn't come up. :/
Yep, this. But also because of the colors I was rocking at the time. I had some nice contrast going on but it was confusing my dumbass a bit, haha!

an ai did better than me last night

no i dont want to talk about it
I know that all too well. That's part of what spurred on my post. Even worse when it's rookie AI.

Wow, this is nuts. Heh.

BqGvyXd.png
This happened to me too a couple of days ago. My team was making a comeback from being down 4-1 and we were just about to tie and go to ot when, BAM. Time runs out while ball is halfway through the goal.

Quick question. When I see Kronovi and others do aerials it seems like their car moves around really fast. Spinning this way and that really quickly and it all seems to be hyper responsive. Even the boost seems to be instantaneous. But when I try an aerial, it seems like there is a pretty strong delay between the boost / jump / aerial and then while in the air my car doesn't move around all that responsively.

Is there a button I am missing to hit that will make my car far more responsive in the air and quicker to turn and such?

Quick question. When I see Kronovi and others do aerials it seems like their car moves around really fast. Spinning this way and that really quickly and it all seems to be hyper responsive. Even the boost seems to be instantaneous. But when I try an aerial, it seems like there is a pretty strong delay between the boost / jump / aerial and then while in the air my car doesn't move around all that responsively.

Is there a button I am missing to hit that will make my car far more responsive in the air and quicker to turn and such?

Do you play on PS4? Sounds like screen delay to me, try to get yout tv on gaming mode.

v1lla21

Hold down the drifting button (square). It'll allow you to reposition yourself while gliding throw the air

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Electricity went out 20 seconds before a win. Game counts it as a quit. Fuck sake.

The game should be able to detect this shit. Now I have to wait to play through no fault of my own.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Doubt they'd do that again and again just to quit matches.

If lag is that bad wait for someone else to quit.
And I doubt you are right and I especially doubt the only reason someone quits in ranked is due to lag. This would be the first game in video game history where that is the sole reason.

DBT85

And I doubt you are right and I especially doubt the only reason someone quits in ranked is due to lag. This would be the first game in video game history where that is the sole reason.

Who said the only reason someone quits was because of lag?

How would it detect an intentional and an unintentional disconnect?

I believe they said a disconnect is a disconnect and you will be timed out 15 minutes regardless. I mean if you were disconnected because of your net connection or power going out or whatever, then you will likely need a few minutes to get it going again anyway.

Edit: the unintentional disconnects would be far and few between anyways (I have yet to have one yet). The rage quits far outweigh the unintentional disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom