• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosh

And got long shot points on top of it all. Nice.
That was a nice surprise, I didn't expect it at all.

Hitting the ball off the wall like that is probably one of my favorite things to do in this game haha.
Yeah, me too. The game is awesome, but landing one of these (or simply using the wall to make a successful pass to one of your team-mates) is really something else.

bargeparty

I can't figure out how this camera works. If I'm in ball cam, and the ball is right next to me on the side, I press left on my stick and then jump and all I do is a forward flip. Why doesn't it to a side flip?

BShadowJ

I can't figure out how this camera works. If I'm in ball cam, and the ball is right next to me on the side, I press left on my stick and then jump and all I do is a forward flip. Why doesn't it to a side flip?

I think from what you're describing you're doing the wrong order.

To flip, you first jump, then you press a direction on the stick (the one you want to flip to) and jump again.

all i do when i'm not playing league is record insanely intense WWF style promos on snapchat to send to my friends about how i do everything for the league, and eat sleep drink and live nothing but league at all times of day

i wish you could have a cross platform save, sux unlocking everything twice and having different records for my personal looking at

cyba89

So I wanted to give this another try after the patch (PS4). Turns out I'm still unable to play this game online one month after launch.

Is there any reason why the camera goes into free mode and every car disappears for me everytime a goal happens in an online match?
Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated. I so want to like this game but this is getting really frustrating at this point.

So I wanted to give this another try after the patch (PS4). Turns out I'm still unable to play this game online one month after launch.

Is there any reason why the camera goes into free mode and every car disappears for me everytime a goal happens in an online match?
Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated. I so want to like this game but this is getting really frustrating at this point.

That's pretty strange.

I assume you've tried reinstalling the game after deleting it completely?

Maybe "Rebuild PS4 database"?

cyba89

That's pretty strange.

I assume you've tried reinstalling the game after deleting it completely?

Maybe "Rebuild PS4 database"?

Actually haven't tried this yet because I always assumed this is a problem with the connection. It does not happen in offline matches after all.

But you're right. Can't hurt to give it a try.

MrPanic

Urgh, so annoying when you get a teammate that just will never defend. If they would at least score from time to time I wouldn't mind going full defense but some just can't be carried. Never setting up shots, going for balls I'm clearly already going for, centering balls in front of our own goal, bonking the goalie, hitting balls to just hit them. Awful stuff man, rotation meta save us.

spankysully

Neo Member
gameforacure is hosting a 3v3 tournament for cancer research. Looks like a lot of fun!

http://gameforacure.com/rocketleague/

Yi1GGT4aJsrKXuivqbQLc4gZJ36yA6tXtmaQz-_HfWI

Trojan

Did they just reset all the ranked skill ratings, or did I get some kind of glitch? Mine just reset to 100 and I was at 500+. I know they said they'll reset "next month" but I didn't see a game announcement...

You come across some real babies on this game. I had a bad opening minute to a game and my team mate told me to leave lol. I went and scored two goals and he quit. Ridiculous.

Salsa

have they ever said anything about south american servers?

I know my ping doesnt really affect the game that much but ive been kinda noticing it lately. Mostly hits registering like a second later (if everyone goes to the same ball and hits it at the same time I kinda get this ghost ball that moves a bit later on its own, odd).

its not too bad and only really happens when my ping is 200plus, but latin american servers would be nice regardless. Weird there arent any considering the game is soccer

AcridMeat

Banned
You come across some real babies on this game. I had a bad opening minute to a game and my team mate told me to leave lol. I went and scored two goals and he quit. Ridiculous.
While it's amazing how popular this game has gotten, the shitty folks that come with popular multiplayer games have started to come with it. Sucks.

Unicorn

Saw a rocketeer online. Wasn't good. Called me a fag when I scored. Hacked exp to rocketeer?
have they ever said anything about south american servers?

I know my ping doesnt really affect the game that much but ive been kinda noticing it lately. Mostly hits registering like a second later (if everyone goes to the same ball and hits it at the same time I kinda get this ghost ball that moves a bit later on its own, odd).

its not too bad and only really happens when my ping is 200plus, but latin american servers would be nice regardless. Weird there arent any considering the game is soccer
You usually play US West? I'm westcoast. Sorry I was playing horribly Friday. Give me another chance sometime haha. I also had to leave abruptly after our 1 or 2 games to pick someone up from the airport.

Salsa

Saw a rocketeer online. Wasn't good. Called me a fag when I scored. Hacked exp to rocketeer?

You usually play US West? I'm westcoast. Sorry I was playing horribly Friday. Give me another chance sometime haha. I also had to leave abruptly after our 1 or 2 games to pick someone up from the airport.

you werent playing horribly at all breh

I think it ussually puts me in US West yeah. kinda random

devonodev

Bought this game yesterday after playing it at a friend's place last week, it's so good! I was hesitant at the price, I thought it was worth maybe $5-$10 for a simple soccer-car game, but am I glad I spent the money.

I hold my own in online ranked matches, and I'm starting to get the hang of flying, but I still miss many easy shots lol.

I can't play right now, but I'll be on later, so if anyone wants to add me on Steam and set up games it's Devonodev.

Yeah there's been some real assholes. Guy on our team left early (have fun with that 15 minute ban!), dude on one of the other teams kept being asshole as they scored goal after goal. "Great save!" spam over and over after every goal. Even someone on their team told him to "quit being a dickhead".

There was also some surly asshole that, in the beginning of the match, the his team (opposite to mine) scored pretty early, I said "@#%!", and he immediately said "stfu". I don't even know what that rage was about. Like I literally don't even know how "@#%!" from the opposing player on you scoring is going to get you angry. Made sure I kept saying that every time they scored, nobody has any business getting pissed over something so minor :p

Yudoken

0x42402005

Looks like it works, have to test it out properly but it from a quick test it actually scales correctly.
Have to try it out on 4 vs 4 splitscreen tomorrow but this should allow me to turn up my settings even more.
Thanks a lot!

I don't really know why I didn't think of it myself to use the SLI profile of an other UE3 game like Mass effect

Drewfonse

You know how you shut up the "great save!" messages after opponents' scores?

Singlehandedly put up 6 on them in the next game. Then they quit.

AKA: SHUT THE FUCK UP, BITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom