• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocketeer! Fuck yes, glad they picked that title.
It's om my Foil Steam Badge!
yLAouMu.jpg

IISANDERII

So what are the preferred cars? For a long time I thought only the hitboxes were different until I tried one of the sport cars[was using the van almost exclusively] and the differences were immediate. The sport car has a much tighter turning circle, is more responsive and can do a 180 better.

The problem is that I'm too accustomed to the van and anything different feels too fast and I'm outta control when boosting.

AcridMeat

Banned
So what are the preferred cars? For a long time I thought only the hitboxes were different until I tried one of the sport cars[was using the van almost exclusively] and the differences were immediate. The sport car has a much tighter turning circle, is more responsive and can do a 180 better.

The problem is that I'm too accustomed to the van and anything different feels too fast and I'm outta control when boosting.
I bounced around quite a bit for a long time. When I first started feeling pretty good at the game it was with the van, but I switched with the hot rod too.

Probably ~2 weeks ago I switched to breakout and that's been it 90% of the time. It's the easiest car for me to visually line up aerials with because of the flat pointed nose.

That said, I can't wait to use the DLC cars.

Alpende

The majority of players I've encountered in my last few games all had asterixes (*****) as names. Why is that?

Also, I just did a backwards flip that saved a sure goal. Felt good.

JoRo

The majority of players I've encountered in my last few games all had asterixes (*****) as names. Why is that?

Also, I just did a backwards flip that saved a sure goal. Felt good.

It's a censor for bad words in people's user name. But it will still show their full name uncensored if they score, lol.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm watching the GBWest vs. GBEast rematch ATM. Rocket League looks really fun, even if I don't like multiplayer-focused games. I'll probably get it when it's discounted a bit in a couple of months.

Unicorn

Joke post? At minimum it's critical for speed boost.
Not dodging, the neutral double.

It's good because you can hold jump once to jump higher then tap again to get even more height. Good for staying in the same place or having more control in general.

Hasney

Not dodging, the neutral double.

It's good because you can hold jump once to jump higher then tap again to get even more height. Good for staying in the same place or having more control in general.

Yeah, you can get close to the cross bar. Very handy for all those times you need to get higher but the ball isn't hanging around in the air waiting for someone to boost it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Nah... You need it for that air flip after boosting ;) or to get around when you have no boost. It's the next best thing outside boosting.

And it is a good way of lobbing the ball over a goalie, or creating a really floaty centered ball, or juggling, or avoiding a demolition, etc, etc....

Ay v1lla21! Are you able to post the last few seconds of that comeback match we had yesterday? I wanted to show a buddy. I didnt save the replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom