• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Man I still suck hard after another couple hours with the game. I have no aerial attack at all. I just wait for it to come back down before going after it. I'm only playing against bots on pro and I still only win like 40% of the matches.

Fun but christ how long does it take to get any good at this? At this rate it'll be months before I ever get the balls to play an online match.

Go online, there's tons of players who are less good than Pro AI.

DBT85

Man I still suck hard after another couple hours with the game. I have no aerial attack at all. I just wait for it to come back down before going after it. I'm only playing against bots on pro and I still only win like 40% of the matches.

Fun but christ how long does it take to get any good at this? At this rate it'll be months before I ever get the balls to play an online match.

Do the training until you can nail about 7/10 of the balls first time every time. All of them.

dosh

Also, had an 11 minute game where no one scored and it was pretty much the goalie show. All i hear over voice and read in chat is about how me and the other goalie are freaking walls. When you rack up 500 pts as goalie and win mvp you know that was intense

Yeah, a good goalie is great to have, preferably on both teams.

I just had a great match where our gatekeeper was pretty much denying every single shot from the other team. And the other goalie was exactly the same. The overtime was intense.

Like the others said: go online. I was just like you, playing against bots for two days straight and getting a bit tired of losing. Then I got online and I was surprised to realize that I was much better than I thought against humans. Plus it's way more fun and you can actually set up shots with other players.

Bollocks

Nothing worked out for us tonight, NOTHING.
The Rocket League god apparently wanted us to suffer tonight.
Conceded the most bullshit goals, the opposition hit every god damn thing and they weren't even that good. It's like we were haunted, we know we are normally better than this and the way they played against us we should win normally but what can you do if luck isn't on your side..

If anyone is up for some games on PSN then add me. Would love to get involved in some games with you guys. Do any of you do in house 3v3's? My psn is NaughtyPrawn.

Karu

It was said a thousand times but the embarrasment of flying by the ball, missing a sure shot/pass/save is incredible. I just start screaming in pointless hpe nobody saw that. :D

Dispatch

Man, the quitting last night was bad. I was playing ranked with randoms and in an hour about half of my matches featured someone quitting.

DBT85

Man, the quitting last night was bad. I was playing ranked with randoms and in an hour about half of my matches featured someone quitting.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out once more people playing realise they're getting banned.

Wonder if they#ll end up with a sliding scale for repeat offenders.

Wanna know what just made me start crying? Only after reading this post did I realise the trophy is for 500km not 50km. Oh god. I'm never getting it.

The trophy pops after 6 or so hours if you just rubber band the stick and gas button (I used scotch tape).

Start and exhibition don't score and just drive in circles overnight with the controller hooked up to a power source.

Is there something I missed?

When were these added?

0ff5691238403d6f1cd9e5777539cfda.png

Grinchy

Banned
This game must be optimized really well on PC. I can do 2560x1600 with everything maxed and I still haven't seen it dip below 60fps. The PC version looks so crisp.

DBT85

In the patch IIRC. Or are they for the DLC? One of the two.

I think a couple of them refer to the DLC cars so must be for that.

Yudoken

This game must be optimized really well on PC. I can do 2560x1600 with everything maxed and I still haven't seen it dip below 60fps. The PC version looks so crisp.

Not really in my opinion, especially if you play with 4p on one screen it eats your gpu for breakfast. Just with a bit AA and a bit downsampling it won't ever stay 60 on my 970.
Other, more graphically intense and 4p splitscreen games with more players work great but this game is just hungry for more.
Maybe one day we get a X12 version...
Or at least SLI support.

Not really in my opinion, especially if you play with 4p on one screen it eats your gpu for breakfast. Just with a bit AA and a bit downsampling it won't ever stay 60 on my 970.
Other, more graphically intense and 4p splitscreen games with more players work great but this game is just hungry for more.
Maybe one day we get a X12 version...
Or at least SLI support.
Not entirely sure Unreal 3 has DX12 support.

Moaradin

Damn, the level of play in these matches are making me feel bad lol. The guy on stream is hitting all these aerials so easily...

v1lla21

had a teammate that started scoring own goals when we went down 2-0 in the first 30 seconds. Motherfucker scored 4 own goals.

Trojan

this game is FUN AS FUCK holy hsit!!!

I think those were my exact words yesterday as I started to fall deep, deep down the Rocket League rabbit hole. Watch the Twitch streams of Team Rocket if you want to have your mind blow about what is possible in this game

The OP of the thread is a team member, so go cheer them on! ;)

Watching now...I'm sending my energy to Team Rocket

nomster

Is there a way to automatically start another ranked round after match (in the same way there is for the non-ranked)? Annoying to have to go out to the main screen each time.

Cool! Someone found at all the rank levels in the game:

Rookie
Semi Pro
Pro
Veteran
Expert
Master
Legend
Rocketeer

Max level is
, which is about 10,462,750 XP

Status