• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatMan

I'd give Psyonix 5 bucks for the option to turn off quick chat. It's annoying and serves no purpose in anything but a small handful of games where people actually use it for it's intended purpose.

Afrikan

for some reason I feel I played better on my 24" Monitor instead of my 55" Sony W900a.

my Sony is one of the best regarding input lag...but it just seemed smoother on that small screen for some reason. But that 24" screen does only 1080i... So I wonder if that makes the game run smoother, since it's not outputting in 1080p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So are we expecting Supersonic Fury on Tuesday if the trophies are up? Sounded like the devs were just waiting for the go on Sony's end before releasing or giving a date.

If I see "Psynet" next to a user's name does that mean they're playing on PC?
Yes.

Salsa

for some reason I feel I played better on my 24" Monitor instead of my 55" Sony W900a.

my Sony is one of the best regarding input lag...but it just seemed smoother on that small screen for some reason. But that 24" screen does only 1080i... So I wonder if that makes the game run smoother, since it's not outputting in 1080p

I mean I think I probably play better at my monitor too but that's cause im sitting close to it and on a whole different position than just layin in my bed playing on the TV

I still prefer the latter tho :p

plc268

Man, I love it how people get salty when I get a cheap goal at the faceoff in 1v1 because they decide to kick a grounder to me.

I'm gonna take them every time. Even funnier, is I scored three straight goals on this one guy. First two, he rushes the ball, I wait. Score after the save. The third time, he stays in goal, but I decide I was gonna rush it. Scored a goal in the top part of the goal. Never had a chance.

He then quit after that.

Machina

Banned
Man, I love it how people get salty when I get a cheap goal at the faceoff in 1v1 because they decide to kick a grounder to me.

I'm gonna take them every time. Even funnier, is I scored three straight goals on this one guy. First two, he rushes the ball, I wait. Score after the save. The third time, he stays in goal, but I decide I was gonna rush it. Scored a goal in the top part of the goal. Never had a chance.

He then quit after that.

That's why I don't play 1 on 1. I would kick ass and it would get boring. At least with teammates, you get situations where you have to actually orchestrate plays

oti

Banned
I wanted to get another DS4 to play online coop with a buddy but didn't want to pay €65 for a controller. So I tried to use a Vita + a DS4 and it works!

- Launch the game via Vita Remote Play

That's it. Now you can use the Vita as a second controller and you don't even have to use its little screen, since it's split-screen on TV anyway.

Some notes though:
- R1 doesn't seem to work on the Vita which is bad since that's the button for gas. You have to change the button configurations in the settings. Next problem: You have to press R1 in order to get to the controls options which doesn't work on Vita, instead you have to press the touchscreen in the right upper corner. Just give it a few tries.

Here's what I ended up doing:
- Gas on L1
- Breaks on d-pad down

It feels a bit odd to play with the Vita it first since the analog sticks aren't as good but still, saving €65 is an amazing trade-off. Hope it helps.

Boglin

I feel I hit a wall in this game. I'm level 25 and still can't get 700+ in ranked 3v3 solo queue, I hover around 600-650. Anyone have common tips on what to practice for improving past this level of competition?

Even if I dont improve I don't think I will stop playing this game for a long, long time... it is far too much fun.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The hurt increases the more I watch it, just brutal!

Always think that the clock shouldn't stop if the ball is in motion for stuff like these. I mean, just like in basketball, right?

The moment it touches a player, ends up dead, then it stops. Wondering if Psyonix is even considering it. :D

On another note, got beaten last night by an honest-to-god buzzer beater. Score tied 3-3, and then lucky hit downs us with 0 left in the clock. :(

Bollocks

Ranked 2v2, seems like we hit our max at 600.
Lvl23 it's amazing how much you can still fuck up, loose against teams in the most ridiculous way. Overtime? Dominate the oppositon for 1m straight, first counterattack? Goal.
Every damn time

That's why I don't play 1 on 1. I would kick ass and it would get boring. At least with teammates, you get situations where you have to actually orchestrate plays

1v1 is easily the most intense. Things like dribbling, which is so hard to do, is possible in 1v1 more often. Lots of nailbiting moments in a 1v1 that you'll never get in a team mode.

I dominated my first 7 ranked games, then started getting some competition

One time, I faced a trashtalker. Not just any trashtalker, just a horrible human being. And we were neck and neck.

My hands were shaking. I wanted to win so bad, I've never had my performance challenged by actual, physical shaking.

Azzawon

Played my first game last night (only got a PS4 on Friday) and scored a hat-trick! Our team won 5-3. I really can't believe how much fun I had in one game, and I was really wanting to play more but needed sleep ;_;

MUnited83

For you.
1v1
Losing 3-6
With 1 minute left the other guy says "GG noob gtfo"
Oh now it's on bitch
mSdot.gif

Proceed to play a flawless last minute, tie the game and win in overtime. The guy quits during the last replay.
giphy.gif

Gandie

Sadly the higher up the ladder I get, the more toxic my teammates become. Getting blamed for goals is fine, but there's some real vile speech.

Donos

1v1 is easily the most intense. Things like dribbling, which is so hard to do, is possible in 1v1 more often. Lots of nailbiting moments in a 1v1 that you'll never get in a team mode.

I dominated my first 7 ranked games, then started getting some competition

One time, I faced a trashtalker. Not just any trashtalker, just a horrible human being. And we were neck and neck.

My hands were shaking. I wanted to win so bad, I've never had my performance challenged by actual, physical shaking.

Haha, had almost the same situation but in CS 1.6. Dude was so anying on chat (and i usually don't react to kiddy stuff at all) but unlike most other trash talkers/big mouths, he was really really good and we ended up as the last ppl in our team almost every round. I wanted to shut his loud mouth off so bad, that i was really tensed when we faced off and got little shakes after every round. Was better than him and he talked less trash after a while, but asked for 1on1 later. Declined since i was done and it was a random server anyway so i never saw him again.

Going to try some 1on1 RL online since i played only against AI so far. It's probably better to try it now compared to 3-4 month, when everybody is going to be semipro and doing Kronovi special moves.

1v1
Losing 3-6
With 1 minute left the other guy says "GG noob gtfo"
Oh now it's on bitch
mSdot.gif

Proceed to play a flawless last minute, tie the game and win in overtime. The guy quits during the last replay.
giphy.gif

Haha, sweet sweet justice.

I ran into a team yesterday when playing with a friend 2v2 that said "gay loser need a goali fuk u!" and kept complaining that we "needed a goalie." My friend and I would always have one guy hang back a little bit while the other went up on offense. After we crushed them 6-1(due to them never having a goalie in the net) I just wrote in the chatbox "Haha deal with it."

Haha, had almost the same situation but in CS 1.6. Dude was so anying on chat (and i usually don't react to kiddy stuff at all) but unlike most other trash talkers/big mouths, he was really really good and we ended up as the last ppl in our team almost every round. I wanted to shut his loud mouth off so bad, that i was really tensed when we faced off and got little shakes after every round. Was better than him and he talked less trash after a while, but asked for 1on1 later. Declined since i was done and it was a random server anyway so i never saw him again.

Going to try some 1on1 RL online since i played only against AI so far. It's probably better to try it now compared to 3-4 month, when everybody is going to be semipro and doing Kronovi special moves.

Ha, if you start with Ranked, you should get some easy matches to start off with.

I wish there was a very clear mute button, where the other plays knows I muted them. Just to let them know that anything they type can't be read.

1v1 is awesome man. When everything comes down to you and no teammate, the pressure is intense. There is a great flow too of constantly switching between offense and defense, using walls to set yourself up for rebounds, mad scrambles for boost, juking too-- so many awesome breakaways, situations where you can clearly dribble the ball from your end to the opponent's. It's slower too, so there are moments where you and your opponent are trying to decide if they should be risking their positions, or deciding to play defense, go for boost, etc. Then those brilliant moments of speed come, where you get a breakaway or clear shot, or are just trying to dribble the ball in without getting intercepted.

I think it's the most technically interesting mode, and I can see commentaries for it being really popular.

2v2 can be as technically interesting to watch too, since passing, supporting, and defense becomes a big thing, but 1v1 really feels so controlled, since every move you make feels monumentally significant to the game

Haha, sweet sweet justice.

I ran into a team yesterday when playing with a friend 2v2 that said "gay loser need a goali fuk u!" and kept complaining that we "needed a goalie." My friend and I would always have one guy hang back a little bit while the other went up on offense. After we crushed them 6-1(due to them never having a goalie in the net) I just wrote in the chatbox "Haha deal with it."

You were literally playing with a kid.

I find a lot of the "COD kids" that people hate so much will like this game. It has a child-friendly appeal, and it's an e-sportsy game that will attract that demographic, who watch streams and comment on twitch, and call people gay. They also will spam chat with their constant whining and excuses "You're a glitcher! Stop camping net! My partner sucks!"

And it's summer, so most of them are probably home anyway. They are literally like 8-12 years old, and I've run into some of them. Horrible little monsters, who possess every trait you'd stereotypically expect to find from these kids.

Once I played with a 14 yr old who whipped me so bad in 1v1, he said "I'll let you have some free shots". I was fully expecting some trashtalking, but he turned out to be a pretty cool kid lol. Another time, I got the whole 9 yards with a 10 yr old who tried every offensive word he knew.

Godcannon

I thought this guy made this incredible shot, and said, nice shot! Turned out in the replay it was my teammate. Probably thought I was being a dick lol. Also, I had my first block on my own teammate....not a good feeling, but at least wasn't an epic shot :(

Nyx

Was playing a ranked 3v3 last night which went terrible and at one point a teammate mentioned in the chat that it was because of his ''terrible teammates'' that we were getting slammed.

After the game I noticed he had like 40 points or so and by far was the worst player on our team.

It was almost like he used minutes of gametime to type a sentence instead of actually playing the game.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Had a couple of chat spammers recently. One in particular kept puting "f u c k you" after every time we scored a goal. Generally slagging off his team and being a bit of a bell end.

Saw a rocketeer online. Wasn't good. Called me a fag when I scored. Hacked exp to rocketeer?

Not that I know he wasn't hacking, but there was a save file corruption issue on launch day that had people coming back to random levels, and he could have been one of them.

People got to as high as the mid-70s on day 1 due to this bug.

Donos

Ha, if you start with Ranked, you should get some easy matches to start off with.

I wish there was a very clear mute button, where the other plays knows I muted them. Just to let them know that anything they type can't be read.

1v1 is awesome man. When everything comes down to you and no teammate, the pressure is intense. There is a great flow too of constantly switching between offense and defense, using walls to set yourself up for rebounds, mad scrambles for boost, juking too-- so many awesome breakaways, situations where you can clearly dribble the ball from your end to the opponent's. It's slower too, so there are moments where you and your opponent are trying to decide if they should be risking their positions, or deciding to play defense, go for boost, etc. Then those brilliant moments of speed come, where you get a breakaway or clear shot, or are just trying to dribble the ball in without getting intercepted.

Thanks for the recommendation...
1vs1 brought me .... around for 2:8 or worse losses and some of the most embarrassing NON-saves seen by mankind... only game i won was by a guy who seemed like he went to the fridge mid game and was "afk" for a while -_-

I think i will stick to BF4 for my online needs :)

pbsapeer

Banned
Definitely prefer ranked matches as people are less inclined to leave and then I don't get stuck with stupid AI cars!!
Strangely I just had the game crash at the "joining" screen...

I fucking suck at 1v1, holy shit. Fairly decent but not great team player, but man...

I am the choke master when it comes to breakaway shots. I am pretty good in the air these days, but when I play 1v1 I choke so bad. I think I just need to play unranked 1v1 way more to make it less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom