• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Most infuriating:
Teammates that do not help on D. If you are closest to the goal at the beginning of the game they expect you to play professional level goaltender the rest of they game while they cannot even muster a centerball.

I wish the quick chat had better options like

you playing any D?
Hit the ball forward.
make contact
Please move out of my way

Unicorn

Most infuriating:
Teammates that do not help on D. If you are closest to the goal at the beginning of the game they expect you to play professional level goaltender the rest of they game while they cannot even muster a centerball.

I wish the quick chat had better options like

you playing any D?
Hit the ball forward.
make contact
Please move out of my way
So frustrating hanging back because no one else will defend only to see them failing to make simple goals or follow up centering set ups. Frustrating for me too, because I'll often center, but my teammates will be shadowing behind me trying to center too...

Sephzilla

Why does it feel like so many teammates struggle with the whole concept of putting the ball in front of the goal? I constantly see people trying to sneak the ball in from around the corner when the ball is pinned up against the wall instead of just bouncing it out in front of the goal to let another teammate have an open shot.

Why does it feel like so many teammates struggle with the whole concept of putting the ball in front of the goal? I constantly see people trying to sneak the ball in from around the corner when the ball is pinned up against the wall instead of just bouncing it out in front of the goal to let another teammate have an open shot.

I've gotten into the habit of trying to rebound the ball off the sides/corners as a centering set up for teammates because EVERYONE just loads up at the corner of the goals now, but half the time randoms are on your ass the entire way downfield and nobody's on the other side/middle to finish the set up. The game is too fun to get frustrated, but it definitely makes me question what people are thinking.

Shadybiz

Yeah pretty laggy tonight, but me and a friend did have a few lower ping matches as well. We're both on US-East, and our pings were over 200 at times.

Getting better at 1v1 ranked; I played 4 matches, and won 4, so that's good. One of those was super laggy, and other dude quit, but hey it still counts. 1v1 really is great for teaching you to immediately recognize that you screwed up, and that you will be punished if you do what you just did against an experienced opponent.

Unicorn

When I'm not playing, I wish I was. But, when I am playing, I wish I wasn't because I only bring shame and embarrassment to myself with my declining abilities in this game.

Unicorn

I wish you could choose your rocket in customization. I want the double thruster like on Venom because I like the double trail of flamethrower like in back to the future. Either of the dlc cars have double thruster?

Played a few games last night, and I was randomly in the zone. Was floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee. Was just going off stuff instinctively, and it worked.

vONl9W.gif

Also scored an own goal just before the above one, haha. Such is RL.

More: Goals Goals Goals

Dartastic

Lag is definitely bad. However, I had a game where I scored 5 goals and a bicycle kick goal. That was cool. Saved the replay. How do I share it? I wanna share it. :p

Good games guys. My buddy said hes sorry, he was overwhelmed. He hasnt played very much. And thanks Net Wrecker for stealing(saving) my goal of the night.

Unicorn

I don't think the DLC will hit until at least August 18th. Their Twitter replied to somebody asking about it by saying they are still working on it. If it were to hit next week, I would think it would need to be finished and being reviewed by Sony or whoever by now for QA.

v1lla21

Good games guys. My buddy said hes sorry, he was overwhelmed. He hasnt played very much. And thanks Net Wrecker for stealing(saving) my goal of the night.
Yeah man, fun game with everybody. It's all good, he'll get the hang of it.

Lol that was a crazy aerial that Net Wrecker blocked. I also stole CR's aerial goal by pushing it in :p

Lol that was a crazy aerial that Net Wrecker blocked. I also stole CR's aerial goal by pushing it in :p
Those were some really close games earlier on. That one game that ended with the ball about 75% of the way in was insane. Tense games. I don't know how this wont be my GOTY. Phantom Pain is going to have to blow me away.

other examples just to ilustrate how little "air" im talking about

BpN3Np9.gif

in my experience those little jumps make all the difference in those encounters, and I swear nobody ever goes for em. they just stay glued to the ground

Man I really need to learn flying. I'm only like level 11 but I'm encountering more and more instances of the ball being juuuuust above my second jump. It's infuriating how much I can whiff in a single game sometimes.

I never thought about giving air boosting since nobody seems to do it in the games I play. But now that I see those gifs I'm smacking myself in the forehead thinking "THAT'S why I'm whiffing so much!"

I need to see if I managed to save that. I hit the save replay right before we started the next match. I think I caught the replay with the share button. I'll have to check it out then burn it for existing.

PepperedHam

My skin is not thick enough for ranked 1v1. Was having fun for awhile wrecking people then in the latter half of bronze people just started whooping my ass. Then their sarcastic quick chats get into my head and I start playing like trash and I start to want to crush my controller. Screw this mode, man.

AcridMeat

Banned
Played about an hour of 2v2 ranked with a friend when the servers got better. Went up a couple hundred in rating too woo. Somewhere around 950 or 60 now. \o/ First time playing doubles with a friend in a long time.

Now to get to 1000 with 3v3s, still at 870 or so in that.

We only lost a couple games, but the second to last one really annoyed me as a guy who wasn't doing anything fancy was just at the right place at the right time with some fortunate hits and it got to me. I went HAM on the next team we faced. >_>

My skin is not thick enough for ranked 1v1. Was having fun for awhile wrecking people then in the latter half of bronze people just started whooping my ass. Then their sarcastic quick chats get into my head and I start playing like trash and I start to want to crush my controller. Screw this mode, man.

I get outrageously anxious that someone will take my quick-chats in 1v1 as sarcasm... but usually I'm just beating myself up over missing the ball on kick-off and giving them a 3 second goal :(

ErichWK

Odd. I didn't get any lag tonight. I'm on US WEST, by the way. Also it is blowing my mind how many people are calling this GOTY. (In a good way) maybe rocket league will be able to win some titles come the end of the year. (Fallout 4 will take it all...those damn jerks)

Machina

Banned

I get plenty of this as well. I just had an infuriating situation where we were down 2 to 1 and I was in the clear heading for the opposition goal to score when some wanker from my own team comes flying in way too fast to try and steal the goal then misses completely.

The opposition go on to win 3 to 1. I was so pissed. Playing with randoms when you're pushing rank 25 is pretty much impossible. Soooo many idiots and heroes

Ardenyal

I have to wonder why the match making in ranked 3v3 games is set up as a carry service for new players. Every match is veteran, pro, semi-pro vs veteran, pro, semi-pro. It's just infuriating having moronic team mates every match, win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom