• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griss

This game has become a damn addiction...

So many incredible feelings that this game offers up, these are taken just from tonight:
1. Scoring a long-range goal in overtime
2. Winning by one goal (4-3) and being the MVP despite not scoring a single goal or making a single save
3. When your teammate telepathically peels away from your dribble and you pass him the ball to score
4. When you race back on a breakaway, demolish the attacker and handbrake turn to clear the ball off the line
5. Monitoring everything from your goal, only to recognise an opportunity and burst the whole way down the pitch, fly through the air and crash the ball into the goal. SO FUCKIN GOOD

And of course the negative:
1. Losing control of your jump and scoring a ridiclous last second own goal to blow the game. Happens WAY to often, to everyone, lol.

Only thing I wish was that stats were divided into online and offline. I've played 9 offline games and about 50 online, and it bothers me that my stats are screwed up from the games where I scored like 12 goals a game offline. The matchmaking and netcode are ludicrously good for a smaller game like this.

v1lla21

Hey guys, I'm back! I know you missed me, but it's okay, I missed you too
Okay....gif

Tom Snows

Neo Member
I just played against a guy called Kronovi who had the Rocketeer rank (according to this https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3e1p1d/q_whats_the_maximum_level_that_you_could_reach_in/ it's the highest attainable rank), but he wasn't very good and I managed to win the game 4-3 (it was a Ranked Doubles match). This Kronovi didn't score a single goal. When the match started I thought this guy could be him, but the real Kronovi would have demolished us.

I'd post a screenshot, but GAF won't let me upload images.

Trojan

I just played against a guy called Kronovi who had the Rocketeer rank (according to this https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3e1p1d/q_whats_the_maximum_level_that_you_could_reach_in/ it's the highest attainable rank), but he wasn't very good and I managed to win the game 4-3 (it was a Ranked Doubles match). This Kronovi didn't score a single goal. When the match started I thought this guy could be him, but the real Kronovi would have demolished us.

He's the best pro out there. Maybe he was drunk or let his drunk friend play?

You played a fake lol

Kronovi is Veteran last I checked. No way he shot up to rocketeer that fast. There is an exploit on PC to change you rank to Rocketeer too.

He also plays on PS4. I'm guessing someone just took his name on PC?

Pedersen

The exact thing happened with me a couple days ago. Although he barely won 4-3, I expected him to be much better. Strange.

Trojan

You played a fake lol

Kronovi is Veteran last I checked. No way he shot up to rocketeer that fast. There is an exploit on PC to change you rank to Rocketeer too.

He also plays on PS4. I'm guessing someone just took his name on PC?

This seems like the most plausible explanation since he does play on PS4 and there isn't a name filter between PS4 and PC.

I would still shit my pants if I saw a "Kronovi" lining up opposite me in Rocket League.

IISANDERII

I'm quitting more games then ever now. The AI is now so shit and if you're left with it, it's an exercise in frustration because of how completely incompetent it is; you're babysitting it while trying to play against the other team. Probably while down a goal or more.

The old way wasn't perfect but it was much better than this.

Carlisle

Is there some kind of trick to getting the score a goal while reversing trophy to pop? I'm not usually much of a trophy hunter but going through the list I saw that one hadn't popped and I swore I've scored several backwards goals. So I went into a 1 vs 0 exhibition match and scored a hattrick of reversing goals, and nothing. Kinda starting to drive me nuts now lol. What am I missing?

BigDug13

I'm quitting more games then ever now. The AI is now so shit and if you're left with it, it's an exercise in frustration because of how completely incompetent it is; you're babysitting it while trying to play against the other team. Probably while down a goal or more.

The old way wasn't perfect but it was much better than this.

I was wondering what happened to the AI opponents. They truly suck ass now to the point where they are a detriment to the game. They might as well make it like ranked where you're simply outnumbered but then still allow a player to join.

Sjefen

I was wondering what happened to the AI opponents. They truly suck ass now to the point where they are a detriment to the game. They might as well make it like ranked where you're simply outnumbered but then still allow a player to join.

If more then 2 AI in a game, I quit. They really suck the fun out of the game

M.W.

This seems like the most plausible explanation since he does play on PS4 and there isn't a name filter between PS4 and PC.

I would still shit my pants if I saw a "Kronovi" lining up opposite me in Rocket League.
He plays more PC than PS4. He is currently ranked Master on PC, I think rank 51.

Unicorn

Steam let's you change your name to anything even if someone has it already. So, there's probably a handful of wannabes using Kronovi on Steam to try and intimidate opponents, or just to feel bigger than they are lol.

the addiction to this game is real

best ps plus game ever

Yeah I literally played it about 14 hours the other day. Just one more game...ok one more...ooh I wonder what trophies I need to unlock still...well I'm not going to quit after a loss...damn I'm still no good maybe I should go practice some more...my head and eyes sure do hurt...ok I really have to pee now...did I shower today? Ok just one more game and then I'll do that.

Grinchy

Banned
Steam let's you change your name to anything even if someone has it already. So, there's probably a handful of wannabes using Kronovi on Steam to try and intimidate opponents, or just to feel bigger than they are lol.

How does that work with the leaderboards? Are there multiple entries for Kronovi?

Seems like they can't win with the AI: they are either too strong or insignificant. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the A.I variety just isn't capable of adjusting or serving the skill levels of players. There seems to only be two A.I levels, and the best one is too good while the other one is just there.

Uncharted used to change the score/objective value for teams if there was a quitter. That probably wouldn't work here. Best advice I can think of is to just play with friends.

The AI went from about All-star level to less than Pro. Used to feel unfair when I had an AI on my team, now I have to babysit them. The one good thing about AI compared to many players is that at least they understand spacing a bit better.

LakeEarth

Wow, so continuing playing ranked 3v3 when both your partners drop is a bad idea huh? Rank doesn't take that into account when you lose 15-1 (but hey, I got the one!).

Trojan

Just platinum'd the game. The last trophy I had to get was "Break Shot" where you have to get a goal by slamming your opponent into the ball. I never got this in over a hundred multiplayer matches so I had to resort to a rookie league exhibition game 😑

I rarely platinum games but this one is so good it was worth the effort.

Grinchy

Banned
Well, only one Kronovi is actually good. Any other player that is actually good would want to make a name for themselves rather than ape someone else's tag.

I was just wondering because I have two Grinchy entries in the leaderboard (PS4 and PC). If someone else changed their Steam name to Grinchy, would there be 3 entries in the leaderboard?

Drewfonse

I may not ever have played a game that makes me forego bathroom breaks to the point that this does. I must have peed for 5 minutes after quitting last night.

I literally have started shifting my body around while sitting to minimize the feeling of my bloated bladder.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

wowzors

I lost my first solo standard match today. How do people this bad get to 500? Not saying 500 is high but its waaaay higher than they should be, haha.

v1lla21

I lost my first solo standard match today. How do people this bad get to 500? Not saying 500 is high but its waaaay higher than they should be, haha.
I'm just below 900 and there's some incredibly crappy players on that rank. I'm not just talking about not being good but a shitty teammate too. Always stealing shots, not clearing properly, bumping you out of the way so they can get the goal, etc. I stopped playing ranked after I started to get mad at randoms. Lol.

Ardenyal

Oh my fucking god!

I get matched into a match of semi-pros and both my team mates go 0-0-0-0. I can't win 1v3 and lose 30 points. GREAT!

Soulflarz

Banned
So, are the servers good on the PC version now?

Same servers as PS4
uh...right guys?

Oh my fucking god!

I get matched into a match of semi-pros and both my team mates go 0-0-0-0. I can't win 1v3 and lose 30 points. GREAT!

Calm down, just a game >_> One loss isn't going to kill you

Also, if your teammates are incompetent, you still have a decent chance, believe it or not. Especially at skill levels where you play with incompetent people :p

TheDanimal

Also, if your teammates are incompetent, you still have a decent chance, believe it or not. Especially at skill levels where you play with incompetent people :p
You'd be surprised how incompetent some players can be, even at a 900 ranking.
I'm not good enough to carry at that level yet, so it can be frustrating.

If you're one of the people who says teammates are constantly crashing into you, they're most likely saying the same thing. You are probably not as innocent as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom