• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

I need that DLC. I hadn't actually seen pricing and was wondering if it was gonna be >$5 and I was gonna probably buy it just to support. At $4 it's a no-brainer.

chunk3rvd

I need that DLC. I hadn't actually seen pricing and was wondering if it was gonna be >$5 and I was gonna probably buy it just to support. At $4 it's a no-brainer.

£3.29 is a bullshit conversion rate but I'm going to buy it anyway as the devs deserve my money!

Edit: sorry for the double post :/

Gruso

HOT FUZZ

AKlsojV.jpg

Ardenyal

My 3v3 ranked points are still stuck :( Been like this since the patch and looking at the official forums I'm not the only one with the problem.

Hope they can get this sorted soon.

My 3v3 ranked points are still stuck :( Been like this since the patch and looking at the official forums I'm not the only one with the problem.

Hope they can get this sorted soon.

Yeah, I'm having kind of the same issue. Mine is going up but only 1 point at a time. I partied with others and they were all going up a lot and I'd go up either 1 or not at all.

I thought the first DLC was going to be free because of the first week server fuck up? was it just the map that was going to be free?

Nevermind, saw the post above me.

Iced

I changed my camera settings to something recommended on this video (coolcole93): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1FXuZt1Pb8 at the 2:44 mark. They work much, much better than Kronovi's for me.

Camera FOV: 110.00
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

My game got noticeably better - noticeably - going back to these settings. I had been using Kronovi's for ages, but last night I reverted to these (which I had used for a while previously) and I am playing far more confidently than I was. I think I can mostly attribute it to changing the camera stiffness setting. Having it at 0 like Kronovi does seems to mess with my game.

The reason I moved away from such a high FOV in the first place though is that I suspected it was giving me headaches. We'll see if that ends up being the case this time, but so far so good.

So, I am pretty sure we're going to see solo queue return at some point since people seem to be asking for it a lot. Thing is, it was the least popular at around 1.2K if I'm not mistaken

3v3 Team Ranked sits around 7K, which is a huge difference.

Solo should come back to please those who just don't want to play against teams, but it's probably a better idea to make it non-ranked. This guarantees a bigger player pool. Makes no sense to play ranked with solo only players anyway. Why leave your skill rating up to random teammates?

AcridMeat

Banned
I talked so much about using Dominus, and I do like it a whole lot, but then I saw the decals they have for Takumi. The fact that it's even called Takumi is fucking awesome haha.

farisr

Hey, RocketLeagueGAF!

I just played Rocket League for the very first time a few hours ago and its safe to say I'm a convert. I played with a friend on one console and then online a few 3vs3 matches.

I had a fucking blast playing this game. So much concentrated unadultered fun.

Is it possible to play 4 player splitscreen on one PS4?

Really? Fantastic! There's not enough 4 player local multiplayer games on PS4 (simulation sports games notwithstanding).

Yeah, 4 player splitscreen is a blast. Played it once so far last weekend with friends, but it is pretty much a guarantee now it'll be our group's go-to game every time we're chilling. After playing one match, the friends who had psn profiles signed it with theirs so they would keep progress and what not, and they ended up staying an hour longer than they had planned due to the "one more game" factor.

Hasney

Solo should come back to please those who just don't want to play against teams, but it's probably a better idea to make it non-ranked. This guarantees a bigger player pool. Makes no sense to play ranked with solo only players anyway. Why leave your skill rating up to random teammates?

Because less leavers during a match since the penalty and no bots if someone does leave, which is much better than casual where people drop in and out and replaced by annoying bots.

It's less about the number at the end, because I don't really care about that, but how the matches are setup and play out.

Iced

I don't think it's a huge deal. I haven't encountered a vehicle yet where I was duped into thinking they were on the other team, probably because there's always an orange or blue bar above their car.

Because less leavers during a match since the penalty and no bots if someone does leave, which is much better than casual where people drop in and out and replaced by annoying bots.

It's less about the number at the end, because I don't really care about that, but how the matches are setup and play out.

I forgot about quitters. I feel that punishing excessive quitters in non-ranked should be a thing. If you quit X amount of times in a given set of games, you should get a penalty that is less drastic than the ranked penalty.

I feel like most people are too intimidated to play ranked, and that solo would benefit from being more casual. If the population for solo is like 1500, you have to consider also the region people play in, which filters the 1500 or so players, plus the skill rating that limits who you get matched with.

If it was non-ranked, I can imagine the population will be a lot higher, and people wanting to avoid teams can more easily find a group of non-intimidating players

rObit

Banned
Picked up the DLC just to show some support since I didn't have to pay for the base game. Not sure it's quite the value that I would want from future packs but I do like the new decal designs and a couple of the paint types.

I don't think it's a huge deal. I haven't encountered a vehicle yet where I was duped into thinking they were on the other team, probably because there's always an orange or blue bar above their car.

Yeah. For me the nameplate tells me what team they are on. The problem I have is that sometimes I forget which team I'm on if I'm using a mix of the two colors.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just had such a satisfying 1v1 win. Not the biggest comeback ever or anything, but one of my most satisfying purely because of how much of a douche my opponent was being. When he scored he spammed great pass what a save over and over again. He did so again on his second goal and then had the audacity to write gg. That's when I got mad. It made me try harder and I came back to win 3-2 in overtime. So good.

overcast

So any beginner tips? I feel like I was playing pretty well in the beginning in my player matches. But the past two days I've struggled in the ranked games. I'm just not accurate. Seems like angles are important. People are whooping my ass

nin1000

Banned
Well, after several of my friends have been bugging me to get this game i finally did yesterday and OH BOY did i not see the fun coming with this game !!
It FEELS more like a football game then Fifa could ever do for me.
The moment i felt that i was responsible for a match deciding goal is priceless !!!!!
i still suck at it , as i am still a rookie, but o boy this game is so much fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom