• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
So yesterday I was playing with a friend and I decided to play goalie and wow do some people get so mad :lol I got demolished 8 times and by the end the team just started trying to only demolish me.

aro52

Was kinda hoping the DLC items would unlock one-by-one after matches (I miss the trickle of treats!), but still happy to have some new stuff. Dat wood texture!

How on earth do you use DSR in this? The highest res I can pick is 1080p... (and I've enabled a lot of different downsampling resolutions in nvidia control panel)

AcridMeat

Banned
Played against a team with a Veteran on their side (other 5 were all Semi-Pro) - that dude/dudette was really good. Won basically every header they were involved in by going aerial slightly earlier than everyone else, "dribbled" with clever boosting and jumping a couple times, and generally had better angles than everyone else. I think they averaged around 900+ points in every single game. Just dominating everyone else (including the two teammates) completely.
This is something I've tried to teach people to do, and I rarely see it. Very easy way to win 50/50 balls is to hold a so you get a higher jump, then delay your front flip jump. You'll be doing your flip at a higher point than anyone else as a result, it's super satisfying.

Also jump+ a little boost to get even higher than that is great.

I've been getting pretty good at positioning my car to anticipate other people's hits now as well to get some nice deflections on defense. Really handy when you know you can't beat them to the ball.
283854FC8EF0440D5CA48B94146A2108BBDD8C75

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
If we get a GAF flag, you'll forever be my hero. :D

Also, the PS4 finals for the 3v3 NeoGAF tournament will be played in about an hour. I think cole will be streaming it, but if not, I will. I'll post a link later for anyone who wants to see it.
And in those lines, I am of course willing to do more tournaments. Possibly even with prizes. What I am thinking though is if people are more interested in a 1v1 or 2v2 tournament (I mean, it could be 3v3 again, but I was thinking a change of pace would be nice). What would you guys prefer?

1v1 tournament would be awesome. Can PC participate?

I am down for either 1v1 or 2v2

3v3 doesn't have the same awesome teamwork of 2v2

And 1v1 has some high level skill that would make for some intense moments. Itd also be a whole lot easier and faster to schedule, so people will hold interest pretty well.

v1lla21

Can't wait to get home and download the DLC. Psyonix, we need a season pass :p I think 30-35 bucks for a year's worth of content is cool. Just going off of 1 piece of DLC every month at 3.99 :p

Boglin

Played against a team with a Veteran on their side (other 5 were all Semi-Pro) - that dude/dudette was really good. Won basically every header they were involved in by going aerial slightly earlier than everyone else, "dribbled" with clever boosting and jumping a couple times, and generally had better angles than everyone else. I think they averaged around 900+ points in every single game. Just dominating everyone else (including the two teammates) completely.

I was playing for 4-5 hours last night with some buddies and I was usually the only veteran in game. There even seemed to be hardly in pros in our matches and although being able to generally get high scores and have an easier time getting ball control I didn't like it very much. I felt like I was showboating and didn't give my friends an opportunity to improve their own game.

Heel

Joined a 3v3 in a 3 player party in the new arena and there was no audio the whole game, then it hard locked with 1 second left. Is this a known bug? Second time I've spawned in the new arena with no audio, but just quit out the first time because it split my party. Weird...

BShadowJ

1v1 tournament would be awesome. Can PC participate?

Yeah regardless if the next tournament is 1v1 or 2v2, the great thing about this patch is that crossplay private matches are possible, so everyone, whether PC or PS4, will be able to participate! :D

1emons

Neo Member
Is ranked skill rating messed up after the latest patch or am I the only one whose rating barely changes after a match?

BigFwoosh

For some reason I can't download the DLC to my PS4. Bought it on the PSN web store earlier, and my system seems to think it installed it but it definitely never downloaded it. Anyone else run into this?

TheFatMan

For some reason I can't download the DLC to my PS4. Bought it on the PSN web store earlier, and my system seems to think it installed it but it definitely never downloaded it. Anyone else run into this?

Just load the game up, it will be there. Mine did the same thing. I don't think it's an actual install, just a token saying you can use the new stuff (I think they patched it in Tuesday)

BigFwoosh

Just load the game up, it will be there. Mine did the same thing. I don't think it's an actual install, just a token saying you can use the new stuff (I think they patched it in Tuesday)
Weird, bad to reboot the PS4 before they showed up. I had started it from a powered off state before so I don't know why rebooting mattered.

ErichWK

I just got a response from Dave actually

he basically asked me if I work for GAF cause they'd want permission, and if I can do anything about having his account request approved, heh :p

told him to tell me his requested username and i'll pm evilore or another mod about it

itshappening.gif

Let's just get an Evilore paintjob.

It takes 3 seconds to write gg and it's usually after the gameplay is done anyway

Text chat doesn't cross the platform divide.

I still say each d-pad direction should be customizable in options. Have 10 things to choose from for each direction and you can select 4.

Salsa

you guys on PC playing with MLAA or FXAA?

been noticing some framerate drops but idk if they're just server-wide, cause I should be able to handle max settings just fine

Xeroblade

I bought the DLC on the PS4, and all it shows is that I purchased it. It's not downloading nor is there a button that says download to ps4. Any one else run into that problem?

Edit: even tried through the web store and when i click download to ps4 it just hangs there.

Ferrio

Banned
I bought the DLC on the PS4, and all it shows is that I purchased it. It's not downloading nor is there a button that says download to ps4. Any one else run into that problem?

Edit: even tried through the web store and when i click download to ps4 it just hangs there.

There shouldn't be a download I believe. Least there wasn't on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom