• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

lag seems to be super random for me but it does tend to happen in games with higher ping

I mean, I always get this "base lag" cause of my ping always being 200+

it consists in basically the ball looking like it's been hit twice. Like I jump in the air, hit it, and it goes the other way as if it redirected itself, like behind me, and then on the replay I realize that what happened is that I didnt hit it but my opponent did. it's always on those down to the second close hits

it kinda sucks but doesnt really affect the way you play that much

since you'll do it for uni and not me I gifed the double acrid denial

FrailFatAlligatorsnappingturtle.gif

I was StevieSinger btw!! <3 Nice matches! :)

Wazzy

Banned
Christ that last match was bad(one of mah worst) lmao but gg to Salsa and Bluebadger! And Uni and Acrid, we tried and all other matches were pretty good xD

I really need to get my psn account changed to Wazzy

Wazzy

Banned
Dayummm Salsa at that first denial of Acrid. Beautiful saves.

Edit: Ugh I forgot you can't change psn name so now I'm stuck with my brothers. :/

AcridMeat

Banned
I just don't really like the paint jobs tags and colors on it
Yeah well I don't like your face!

To each their own, I like the decals on that car especially, it's why I'm using it over Dominus right now. Do want to get back to my Fury Road motif soon.

And nah it's pretty obvious why they picked DOMinus as the name for it. I just love the Initial D reference with Takumi. They should release another car that looks more like a GTR and call it the Paulker.

Monkfish

Banned
Has to be goty. Witcher? Yes a lot of hard work by a talented team, but to come up with the perfect formula that Rocket League has done? We're now in the realms of genius.

This is a masterpiece of gaming, there are people out there who thought the sheer joy of gaming they had in their long lost youth was over. The days of sensible soccer, speedball 2 et al all long gone, then this comes along and gives me the same excitement, frustration, tension and most of all unadulterated fun I had when I was 15.

What they have achieved here shouldn't be possible, but they have done it. Again I say this is an act of utter genius.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This game is infuriating! The camera and controls just annoy the shit out of me and your team mates are like brain dead vultures! Just when your about to score the perfect goal you get rammed by your team mate at warp speed.

Any tips for better aerials and camera settings?

TEH-CJ

Banned
The contrast between those two posts is hilarious. Are you using ball cam CJ? Have you adjusted the FOV?

Yup I'm using ball cam and the awkward camera angles when your trying to line up a shot on an angle is weird man. I haven't raged this hard since dark souls.

This game is infuriating! The camera and controls just annoy the shit out of me and your team mates are like brain dead vultures! Just when your about to score the perfect goal you get rammed by your team mate at warp speed.

Any tips for better aerials and camera settings?

Aerials: gotta be able to predict the ball's trajectory. That takes a loooot of practice. At least for me it does. I still suck at it. I like to practice aerials in Chaos matches and do the training sessions. And get boost! BOOOST! :D

Camera: If you mean ball-cam or standard-cam, uuh... I started not using ball-cam when the ball ended up very high in the air, so I could see where other players were in relation to me.

Risgroo

Wait, this game has cross-platform MP? Can't believe I missed that hahah.
Most of my friends have stopped playing, so I'd love to play a few matches with you guys :)

PSN: Tchetil
Add meeee

Wait, this game has cross-platform MP? Can't believe I missed that hahah.
Most of my friends have stopped playing, so I'd love to play a few matches with you guys :)

PSN: Tchetil
Add meeee
How anyone can stop playing this game is beyond me. It's the opposite for me. I convinced 9 friends to buy this game (some of which usually don't game much) and they're all addicted now :p. I haven't played with GAF since launch because there's always some of my friends online that want to play.

Yeah, even though I'm not really a fan of superficial DLC I had to buy this. Since I got this for 'free' from PS+ I wanted to pay for something since I've played it so much.
I bought the steam version even though I also have PS+ and bought the DLC for that one. I already had 50+ hours recorded from playing the alpha and betas on steam, so they deserve my money :p

NeoGiff

I think I need to start playing with GAFfers. So far I've been playing with my own friends and we love it. At the moment I'm rank 603 in doubles, so I suppose I'm better than average, but not amazing or anything.

Timezone is GMT. Are GAF members always on and ready for a few games?

I think I need to start playing with GAFfers. So far I've been playing with my own friends and we love it. At the moment I'm rank 603 in doubles, so I suppose I'm better than average, but not amazing or anything.

Timezone is GMT. Are GAF members always on and ready for a few games?
Steam or PS4? I'm Za Warudo on steam and part of the RocketGAF group.

Donos

Yesterday i was close to putting down this game for good. Played around eight ranked 1on1 matches and i lost the first 6 always with like 1:6. Other players weren't Kronovis but just used all my little mistakes for goals and did none themself. Already had written a vent post but then tried another game where it was a close loss and then i won one with the looser adding me on PSN and texting me "you are good at Rocket league" loool. I'm not.

Game keeps sucking me back when i think i'm out.

Maybe i should try ranked 2vs2 or 3vs3 since there, a little mistake doesn't mean that you have to eat a goal but 1on1 is better for improving.

Yesterday i was close to putting down this game for good. Played around eight ranked 1on1 matches and i lost the first 6 always with like 1:6. Other players weren't Kronovis but just used all my little mistakes for goals and did none themself. Already had written a vent post but then tried another game where it was a close loss and then i won one with the looser adding me on PSN and texting me "you are good at Rocket league" loool. I'm not.

Game keeps sucking me back when i think i'm out.

Maybe i should try ranked 2vs2 or 3vs3 since there, a little mistake doesn't mean that you have to eat a goal but 1on1 is better for improving.

1v1 is a pit of despair and aggravation. It's tense and exciting but I find the team work of 2v2 and 3v3 way more satisfying. It also gives you more opportunity to try new things without as much pressure of failure. Besides, having buddies on voice chat always help ease the tension even if you're literally losing every single game for hours.

nicjac

Ranking up in 2 vs 2 is getting frustrating. I have been stuck at 750-800 forever. I seem to lose 10s of points after a defeat but only gain a few at a time when winning.

I recently joined the RocketGAF group on Steam, wouldn't mind teaming up with gaffers as random players are... unreliable and they like to insult me whenever I miss a ball.

Grinchy

Banned
I never really played much 3v3, but I was around 1040 in rank. My buddy and I jumped in last night since we can play it together now. I was losing 20-40 points per match lmao. I lost over 140 points in one sitting.

v1lla21

For every 3 days I play well I have 1 shit day. I was horrible last night. lol.

I had a conversation with my boss about rocket League. I tried convincing him to buy a ps4 but he said he was too old to play games :( lol.

Xyber

How the hell do you shoot it towards the goal like that? Half the time when I hit the ball, it flies off in a completely random direction =(

Don't ask me, I was just gonna give it a little nudge towards the goal.. :p

Took me 22 hours to get my first damn aerial goal and it was the goal right after that one. I have been robbed of so many before, so it was about time.

nicolajNN

My vote is for the next tournament to be 2v2

Well shit. Maybe I'll just wait it out thanks for the help!
If your DLC still hasn't appeared in game, try going to settings ->PS Network/account management -> restore licenses, that should fix it
Says optional for me.

Next time I'll make it US East, I know Unicorn was lagging bad.

When joining private games on PS4 you can't leave the password blank, so it best to have one in the future

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok guys, I'm got a complaint about a player. dannymestre. Please punish people like this. Words cannot describe how much this player just pissed me off.

I was playing ranked doubles. We went a few goals down.He votes to forfeit. I refuse. What does this fucker do? Just drives around doing nothing hoping I'll quit. I made it very clear to him that I was not going to quit so he might as well keep playing. But he kept doing it and intentionally sabotaged the match. Absolute disgrace.

This is why the vote to forfeit system sucks ass. People like this exist. I'd feel better if he just outright quit the match. This completely rubs me the wrong way. I hate it.

LordofPwn

played a 3v3 9 week season on all-star difficulty with the new drift car. got to final match and lost audio, won the match, and the championship, no trophy, and wouldnt take me back to main menu... 3rd time i've lost audio since the latest patch.

I was playing ranked doubles. We went a few goals down.He votes to forfeit. I refuse. What does this fucker do? Just drives around doing nothing hoping I'll quit. I made it very clear to him that I was not going to quit so he might as well keep playing. But he kept doing it and intentionally sabotaged the match. Absolute disgrace.

That does sound annoying. Whenever I vote to forfeit, I just keep playing and hoping that my other teammates will realize that we won't come back from 5-0...

Though matches like that are perhaps good practice for playing against really skilled players. So maybe I should just stick them out and deal with the frustration...

DarkTom

played a 3v3 9 week season on all-star difficulty with the new drift car. got to final match and lost audio, won the match, and the championship, no trophy, and wouldnt take me back to main menu... 3rd time i've lost audio since the latest patch.

Now that must be frustrating. Sorry for you.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That does sound annoying. Whenever I vote to forfeit, I just keep playing and hoping that my other teammates will realize that we won't come back from 5-0...

Though matches like that are perhaps good practice for playing against really skilled players. So maybe I should just stick them out and deal with the frustration...
We were only 3-0 down and had plenty of time.

But regardless I'm the kind of person that will always stick a match out. If you're not then quit. But if you're gonna stay then do the right thing and play. What does screwing over your partner accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom