• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenyal

Ok guys, I'm got a complaint about a player. dannymestre. Please punish people like this. Words cannot describe how much this player just pissed me off.

I was playing ranked doubles. We went a few goals down.He votes to forfeit. I refuse. What does this fucker do? Just drives around doing nothing hoping I'll quit. I made it very clear to him that I was not going to quit so he might as well keep playing. But he kept doing it and intentionally sabotaged the match. Absolute disgrace.

This is why the vote to forfeit system sucks ass. People like this exist. I'd feel better if he just outright quit the match. This completely rubs me the wrong way. I hate it.

Hate to tell you i told you so but i told you so. Making quitting punishable is of course going to bring the afk'ers.

Hoodbury

Seriously, how much do you have to play to get the drive a million miles for the trophy? I've been playing a ton and that's my last trophy to get platinum. Is it bugged or something? Anyone get that trophy since the patch?

I"m staying up way too late at night playing because I keep having the "Just 1 more game and I should get it" mantra.

I guess I'm also staying up way to late playing 'just 1 more game' because it's just so damn fun too, heh. But I want that dang trophy. I'm not even a trophy hunter but it'll be my second plat since my very first playstation game.

Pepiope

Seriously, how much do you have to play to get the drive a million miles for the trophy? I've been playing a ton and that's my last trophy to get platinum. Is it bugged or something? Anyone get that trophy since the patch?

I"m staying up way too late at night playing because I keep having the "Just 1 more game and I should get it" mantra.

I guess I'm also staying up way to late playing 'just 1 more game' because it's just so damn fun too, heh. But I want that dang trophy. I'm not even a trophy hunter but it'll be my second plat since my very first playstation game.
I got it after patch, but I have about 80 hours or so logged on the game.

My game got noticeably better - noticeably - going back to these settings. I had been using Kronovi's for ages, but last night I reverted to these (which I had used for a while previously) and I am playing far more confidently than I was. I think I can mostly attribute it to changing the camera stiffness setting. Having it at 0 like Kronovi does seems to mess with my game.

The reason I moved away from such a high FOV in the first place though is that I suspected it was giving me headaches. We'll see if that ends up being the case this time, but so far so good.

Yup. I went from default -> A few tweaks for more FOV/Distance -> Kronovi -> These and I'm doing much better with these. I feel much more confident going for aerials and blocks.

Ok guys, I'm got a complaint about a player. dannymestre. Please punish people like this. Words cannot describe how much this player just pissed me off.

I was playing ranked doubles. We went a few goals down.He votes to forfeit. I refuse. What does this fucker do? Just drives around doing nothing hoping I'll quit. I made it very clear to him that I was not going to quit so he might as well keep playing. But he kept doing it and intentionally sabotaged the match. Absolute disgrace.

This is why the vote to forfeit system sucks ass. People like this exist. I'd feel better if he just outright quit the match. This completely rubs me the wrong way. I hate it.

I wish people like this could be straight up banned for a while. I hate them so much. I was mad just reading that. It's not even about losing the game, it's just the asshole selfishness.

I definitely think vote to forfeit will not work. It's going to produce toxicity like this.

Psyonix is also considering adding a minimum threshold before vote to forfeit. I dont think it will work either. Suppose the threshold is like 5 goal difference. Well on that third/fourth goal difference, I imagine a player will stop playing to get to that 5th goal, so that they can vote to forfeit.

Vote to forfeit only really works with a full party.

2 of my friends played against a guy on 2v2 yesterday that was called "I'm a traitor". He played against his teammate by saving shots on my friends their goal and making own goals. I would hate to play with or against that guy, 3v1 is just stupid. at least do that shit on unranked if you want to be an asshole.

This is one of those games where I start playing thinking "this is simple enough" but then I start looking around at gameplay footage from pros and think "I'll never be that good so why bother?"

I just don't see how people control so well while flying. I'm a drunk idiot when I attempt it....

oakenhild

I'm not defending his behavior, but I do get annoyed when we're down 4-0 with 2 minutes left and one other player won't vote to forfeit (usually play 3v3). It's largely a waste of (my fairly limited gaming) time.

I've found myself going for more aerials and trick shots and defending less. Not entirely intentional, but the odds of winning are so low you'd have to get lucky to win at that point.

Soulflarz

Banned
This is one of those games where I start playing thinking "this is simple enough" but then I start looking around at gameplay footage from pros and think "I'll never be that good so why bother?"

I just don't see how people control so well while flying. I'm a drunk idiot when I attempt it....

Go into training one of these nights and sit down for a long chunk of time. Should somewhat get it in the first hour and be passable by two?

AwShucks

Nitrous boost is great. I don't care much for the tires. Dominus is cool but I probably won't use as my main car. Takumi is great...except too small. If it was just a bit bigger it would probably become my main car, but I'll likely stick with Octane. I like some of the new paint types. The wheels are very meh.

So yeah, was this DLC worth $4? Hell no. But I wanted to support the developers so I bought it anyways.

At least that Nitrous boost is fantastic.

Lastly, I'll NEVER get a real aerial goal. I'm going to have to get somebody to play with in a private match so they can give me a perfect setup. Tried in a solo match (no bots) and couldn't set the ball up at the right angle for myself.

I wish the Takumi was a bit bigger, it feels tiny in comparison.

Strange I posted about that right after you did without realizing. I wonder if it's a common complaint? It's just so small.

AcridMeat

Banned
I should say that it is possible if you've never joined a private game with password before, but as soon as you've put one in, it's impossible to get it back to blank
Ahh I see what you're saying now.
So yeah, was this DLC worth $4? Hell no. But I wanted to support the developers so I bought it anyways.
I mean, I get feeling that way if you don't like the things personally, but I think this is one of the most fair DLC price points in a game in a long time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm not defending his behavior, but I do get annoyed when we're down 4-0 with 2 minutes left and one other player won't vote to forfeit (usually play 3v3). It's largely a waste of (my fairly limited gaming) time.

I've found myself going for more aerials and trick shots and defending less. Not entirely intentional, but the odds of winning are so low you'd have to get lucky to win at that point.
I would be that guy. 4 goals in 2 minutes is very achievable. Besides I like to finish my games regardless. Otherwise I feel the match was a waste of my time.

oakenhild

I would be that guy. 4 goals in 2 minutes is very achievable. Besides I like to finish my games regardless. Otherwise I feel the match was a waste of my time.

Very achievable might be an overstatement (especially in 3v3 ranked), but yea, it's possible to win. It's also why I start to play much more aggressively. You won't win by turtling in the goal at that point.

Odds are it's a loss, and by forfeiting a nearly guaranteed loss early on, you have more time to win more (fun) ranked matches. (not that the ranking matters at all..mostly about having fun)

Strange I posted about that right after you did without realizing. I wonder if it's a common complaint? It's just so small.

I think it's because it's small in all the areas that matter. It's not particularly long like the Dominus or Hotshot. Not wide like the Paladin or Venom. And not that tall compared to the Gizmo, Merc or Sweet Tooth. I haven't used it much, so maybe it excels in other areas, like aerial maneuverability, or turning radius?

In the striking game, it feels like it's at a bit of a disadvantage.

MUnited83

For you.

Eeeh, things are far from decided with 2 minutes left. Hell, I managed to win games where we were losing 4-0 with one minute left. Losing 4-0 with 2 minutes left is not a reason to leave at all and if you value your limited gaming time maybe it would be best to play regular matches instead of ranked.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Very achievable might be an overstatement (especially in 3v3 ranked), but yea, it's possible to win. It's also why I start to play much more aggressively. You won't win by turtling in the goal at that point.

Odds are it's a loss, and by forfeiting a nearly guaranteed loss early on, you have more time to win more (fun) ranked matches. (not that the ranking matters at all..mostly about having fun)
Not winning doesn't equal less fun. Attempting to come back from a losing position is fun. Attempting to make a loss smaller is fun. Fighting a losing battle is fun.

My first thought would be to change your desktop resolution to the one you want to use in-game.

Or you can try forcing it in the graphics config file and set it to read-only.

I'll try to figure it out tonight as well. I'm slightly annoyed that the game doesn't support SLI though, which makes DSR more achievable for me.

oakenhild

Eeeh, things are far from decided with 2 minutes left. Hell, I managed to win games where we were losing 4-0 with one minute left. Losing 4-0 with 2 minutes left is not a reason to leave at all and if you value your limited gaming time maybe it would be best to play regular matches instead of ranked.

Not winning doesn't equal less fun. Attempting to come back from a losing position is fun. Attempting to make a loss smaller is fun. Fighting a losing battle is fun.

Obviously forfeiting every time you're losing isn't smart. We've all had great comebacks.

There are times when it makes sense to forfeit, and if you don't want to forfeit you don't have to. Just as it's your choice to want to finish the game out, the other person may have already decided they've had enough and act accordingly.

This is a game and we all play for different reasons.

Lylo

Definitely this. Man, i don't care what the score is, just play the game to end, 2 minutes is plenty of time to score 4 goals. The people boycotting their own teams because i won't forfeit are starting to piss me off....

Salsa

Evilore got back to me about the GAF flag. Dave from Psyonix is gonna contact him directly to get it formally approved and such.

BashNasty

I find it unbelievable how quick people are to rage quit in this game. There will be 3 minutes left on the clock, the enemy goes up 2-0 and my teammate will rage quit... often. There's something about being scored on in this game that people just cannot take. It's really weird.

I find it unbelievable how quick people are to rage quit in this game. There will be 3 minutes left on the clock, the enemy goes up 2-0 and my teammate will rage quit... often. There's something about being scored on in this game that people just cannot take. It's really weird.

Haha. I am always so tempted to especially on 1 on 1 so many of the goals end up being bullshit and the way people play 1 on 1 matches drive me nuts.

Evilore got back to me about the GAF flag. Dave from Psyonix is gonna contact him directly to get it formally approved and such.

7fpJP9o.gif

Boglin

Haha. I am always so tempted to especially on 1 on 1 so many of the goals end up being bullshit and the way people play 1 on 1 matches drive me nuts.

I love 1v1 so much. Some games I might start very passively against the heavy trash talkers that I know I am better than just so I can shut them up after they build their own ego up. Had one person start giving me condescending advice and told me I never had a chance because he was playing mind games with me after he got up 3 points with 3.5 minutes left. I ended up winning with 8 unanswered scores and my opponent told me to go fuk myself.

For what it's worth, I'm sure the way you play drives the other person nuts, too.

Maybe. But 9 times out of ten my opponents are ultra passive just sitting in the goal and waiting to do a full court shot or have a take away. It's such a boring way to play. I've had times where I've purposefully left the ball at a corner to see if they'll hit it out and 30+ seconds go by and no one moves. At least playing aggressive is more fun even if it results in more frustration and a higher loss than win

Seeing a lot more PC players lately. I'd often be the only one before now I it tends to be half the team are from PC. Great to see. I wonder how well the game is selling on PS4 at it's regular price?

T-Matt

Being down 4-0 with 2 minutes left and your two team mates voting to forfeit. Scoring a total of 5 goals, including the game winner in overtime, feels really good. Love this game.

Obviously forfeiting every time you're losing isn't smart. We've all had great comebacks.

There are times when it makes sense to forfeit, and if you don't want to forfeit you don't have to. Just as it's your choice to want to finish the game out, the other person may have already decided they've had enough and act accordingly.

This is a game and we all play for different reasons.

Why play ranked then? If you have limited time and want to quit, why not play non-ranked?

Seems unfair to give up when ranked players desire a win, and then screw that teammate by not participating or forcing a forfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom