• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kees-

I just want to say I kind of love that the game about rocket powered cars playing soccer has an original soundtrack of pop dance songs written for the game. I'm not the only one who thinks that kind of weird and cool and dumb at the same time right?

Tunavi

Banned
I just want to say I kind of love that the game about rocket powered cars playing soccer has an original soundtrack of pop dance songs written for the game. I'm not the only one who thinks that kind of weird and cool and dumb at the same time right?
You're the only one who thinks it's dumb.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Dreadful camera, shitty controls, Wonky physics, lag. Uninstalled and deleted. Yes I know people like konovi are masters but its simply someone adapting to shitty camera and controls. Doesn't make it good though.

Another game overrated to hell. Complete rubbish. My opinion of course.

Even if I win, this game pisses me off so fucking much. I would never expect to rage from any video game, but this game takes first place for sure.
Edit: Great game though!

I just played my first game of this tonight, IT IS SO FUCKING GOOD!

I did not think it would be so god damn awesome but it is... Is there a GAF just for Fun team?

-Kees-

You're the only one who thinks it's dumb.

I mean dumb as in it's such an unexpected combination to me. What was it like when they pitched that this game really needed a bunch of original songs? I know EA has been putting songs in their sports games forever because they can so it's not like it's unprecedented. I don't know, I didn't say I didn't like it, just that it strikes me as odd that an indie game like Rocket League did it.

Tunavi

Banned
I mean dumb as in it's such an unexpected combination to me. What was it like when they pitched that this game really needed a bunch of original songs? I know EA has been putting songs in their sports games forever because they can so it's not like it's unprecedented. I don't know, I didn't say I didn't like it, just that it strikes me as odd that an indie game like Rocket League did it.
Haha okay I was just pulling your leg

AcridMeat

Banned
B97079371F54DBD464BD29D84F7E88345080A5D2
I'm in love.

Collaborative aerial shot from one of the GAF matches. Thanks blue team for helping get me my first successful aerial shot in Rocket League. You da real MVP

eZVsRlQ.gif

hydruxo

Had the no sound bug happen to me earlier tonight, that shit sucks. Then it gets perpetually caught in the loading screen after the match and I had to close the game to fix it. Lame.

Also lol @ that troll post on this page

Amazing camera, beautiful controls, life-like physics, boners. Reinstalled and updated. Yes I know people like LookAtMeGo are masters but its simply someone mastered the best camera and controls on earth. It makes it so good though.

Another game underrated to hell. Complete awesomeness. My opinion of course.
967.gif

Donos

Had a bunch of better ranked 1on1 who gave me faith again. You also really can see when players use no or almost no ball cam.

Unicorn

Had a bunch of better ranked 1on1 who gave me faith again. You also really can see when players use no or almost no ball cam.
You can also tell when people use ball cam because sometimes they do the orbit whiff where the spinning lock on caused them to fuck up their lined up shot. Well, at least that happens to me.

Dominator

Just played for 4 hours with my friends. Played this instead of us going out to a bar.

Best decision we've made. I will never get tired of this game.

I started Using Discord to replace Skype and Curse with my friends recently. Permanent servers, sub rooms, clean, fast, free. Easy to use and accessible from PC/Mac/IoS/Android/Browsers. Made a thread about it and people said it's what Splatoon OT people have been using to communicate. Made me think it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe make a server for it alongside our private rooms so PC and PS4 players can chat if they would like?

I went ahead and made it. The channels are General, Blue team, Orange team and AFK. Figured for casuals we can all use general and if it's a tournament or something we can use the team channels.

When you download the app and make an account you click on a link to join the chat server. If anyone is interested let me know.

Flunkie

Banned
god damnit
Lmao, I specifically didn't leave for a wedding last night so I could play Rocket League and am instead leaving this morning.

The worst is gonna be tonight, 3 hours separated from RL, wishing I was playing instead of dancing like a wild person.

Lmao, I specifically didn't leave for a wedding last night so I could play Rocket League and am instead leaving this morning.

The worst is gonna be tonight, 3 hours separated from RL, wishing I was playing instead of dancing like a wild person.

How addicted are you on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being really nice cheese and 10 being Krokodil?

I'd give myself a solid 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom