• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyber

Game feels so smooth at 144hz despite the lag.

Haven't checked, but is the camera problems fixed when you unlock the framerate? Remember that it went under the car or something every time I jumped when I unlocked the framerate at launch. Made it unplayable for me so had to stick with 60 (which is actually more like 64). And even worse is that the game doesn't allow resolutions above 1080p either so I can't downsample and make use of the extra performance..

Grinchy

Banned
And even worse is that the game doesn't allow resolutions above 1080p either so I can't downsample and make use of the extra performance..

Sure you can! Open up TASystemSettings.ini in your users/you/documents/my games/rocket league/TAGame/config folder. Hit CTRL+F, type "resx." That's where you change the resolution to anything you want it to be.

I like putting it at 1440p for my TV. Never tried anything higher than that.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
People need to stop being such impatient children. Voting to forfeit at 1-3 with 2 minutes left? Come on. I refused, and we brought it to 3-3. Unfortunately we lost in overtime, but still.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We tested that once but the bigger arena doesn't help. The collisions between players around the goal and at corners was insane, and not in a fun way.

I think 4v4 is already way too chaotic (it can be fun with a group of friends, but otherwise it's just an annoying mess), so yeah, 5v5 should probably remain a fantasy (for crazy people).

Afro

Haven't checked, but is the camera problems fixed when you unlock the framerate? Remember that it went under the car or something every time I jumped when I unlocked the framerate at launch. Made it unplayable for me so had to stick with 60 (which is actually more like 64). And even worse is that the game doesn't allow resolutions above 1080p either so I can't downsample and make use of the extra performance..

Yeah, still have all those issues you just mentioned. Still using the unlocked framerate tho b/c it's just so hard to go back.

Sure you can! Open up TASystemSettings.ini in your users/you/documents/my games/rocket league/TAGame/config folder. Hit CTRL+F, type "resx." That's where you change the resolution to anything you want it to be.

I like putting it at 1440p for my TV. Never tried anything higher than that.

Game doesn't allow me to do both. If I unlock the framerate, custom resolutions via .ini don't work. It's one or the other (60fps/4K or 144fps/1080p). Frustrating.

Calabi

I hate this game, how do I play near a hundred matches and not get any better. I'm an immovable object on the ranking list.

Afro

Some fancy camera options (aperture, focus, filters, etc.) in Replay mode would be amazing for a future update. Game looks too good not to be shown off.

This is Alpha + PS post processing, but still...

credit to Fyshokid

Grinchy

Banned
Game doesn't allow me to do both. If I unlock the framerate, custom resolutions via .ini don't work. It's one or the other (60fps/4K or 144fps/1080p). Frustrating.

Oh that is frustrating. I can only do 60fps on my monitor and TV so I never messed with unlocking the framerate.

Salsa

so you're tellin me there's a bunch of regular account Psyonix guys in here and I (aka random non-involved gaf user) was the one who had to help him get his account approved?

psshh great company guys

What the fuck is wrong with people? Trash talking their own teammates even when shit is THEIR fault. Like, I just had a guy in 2v2 who failed to go for the ball at kick-off even though it was clearly his. Instead he backed right up into me. The other team got one of those high arcing balls that are almost impossible to save, so they scored. What do I get for that? "U stupid noob". Like, fuck. How were these people raised, showing such a profound lack of social skills and common courtesy? Their parents should be fucking ashamed of what they've created.

We ended up winning the match, but yeah.

Heh. I feel bad. The other night I was in a salty mood and had a TERRIBLE teammate. I messaged, "This your first game?" (he was Pro level) He was fucking PISSED and helped the other team win the rest of the match, lol.

I just remind myself it's just a game. I do my fair share of dumb stuff, and others will too. As long as it's not terribly hostile, of course.

So to whoever at Psyonix is listening:

-Quick chat options for "Lol, Well Played!, Good Luck/Hello!, We Can Do It!" are totally needed.

-You guys should bring back solo queue as a lot of people seem to play solo and dislike playing against teams. BUT! You guys should make it a non-ranked mode in my opinion. This will get more people playing the playlist (most people are intimidated by ranked).

I feel like making 3v3 Ranked Teams Only (no randoms) would balance out Solo/Party too, but I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom