• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

Does the whole division thing matter or carry over from pre-season to regular season? I'm in division 7, but is that different from rankings in the ranked playlist?

Celegus

Really wish I had saved the replay from last night where I had a clear breakaway dribbling the ball down the pitch, then out of nowhere get sideswiped and sent flying by a teammate I didn't even know was there. He decided that was sufficient and didn't feel the need to score. So good!

Not my first aerial but I'd say definitely my best:

R0XbwAh.gif

Love the new paint jobs, tried both cards and still went back to my Breakout. Just love how it controls and feels. Damn fine game.

hydruxo

Not my first aerial but I'd say definitely my best:

R0XbwAh.gif

Love the new paint jobs, tried both cards and still went back to my Breakout. Just love how it controls and feels. Damn fine game.

Dominus feels pretty similar to Breakout IMO. I used Breakout exclusively since the game came out and it didn't feel like a drastic difference or anything when I switched to Dominus. Takumi on the other hand feels like driving a remote control smart car.

oh and nice goal!

Dominus feels pretty similar to Breakout IMO. I used Breakout exclusively since the game came out and it didn't feel like a drastic difference or anything when I switched to Dominus. Takumi on the other hand feels like driving a remote control smart car.

oh and nice goal!

Yea, I thought the same about Takumi, I like the look of Breakout more than Dominus, that's why I decided to switch back. Though I like the patterns for Dominus a lot more. Wish there was no restrictions there.

Thanks!

Almost screwed this up, but I made up for it.

What software did you use to create this GIF? I tried imgur, but the file size is too big.

I used Imgur...try Gyfcat maybe?

nicolajNN

Well it's Saturday and hopefully everyone has plenty of time for Rocket League, since the steamgaf game seems to be down I decided to create a new server for gaf games, hopefully we can keep it up throughout the day

Name: rocketgaf
Password: gaf

Sjefen

Really wish I had saved the replay from last night where I had a clear breakaway dribbling the ball down the pitch, then out of nowhere get sideswiped and sent flying by a teammate I didn't even know was there. He decided that was sufficient and didn't feel the need to score. So good!

This is one of the things I hate the most and it happens way to often.

Ambitious

The game's pretty much unplayable for me today. I'm lagging all over the place, and the ping is consistently between 100 and 140. I've already rebooted my router. EU servers, by the way.

Yea, I thought the same about Takumi, I like the look of Breakout more than Dominus, that's why I decided to switch back. Though I like the patterns for Dominus a lot more. Wish there was no restrictions there.

Thanks!

I used Imgur...try Gyfcat maybe?

About the same size. Maybe it's just too long.

MUnited83

For you.
The game's pretty much unplayable for me today. I'm lagging all over the place, and the ping is consistently between 100 and 140. I've already rebooted my router. EU servers, by the way.

About the same size. Maybe it's just too long.
I had very weird experiences with EU servers like 4 days ago. Like, it would be my usual ping (60-70) and then would jump to 300-400 throghout the match . i had to go play on US servers because despite a bit of high ping they were way, way more stable.

Carm

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone else noticed a, I guess, texture glitch on the Dominus car? The right back fender area flickers all the time on the PC version for me.

nicolajNN

Well it's Saturday and hopefully everyone has plenty of time for Rocket League, since the steamgaf game seems to be down I decided to create a new server for gaf games, hopefully we can keep it up throughout the day

Name: rocketgaf
Password: gaf

If we can get one more in right now, we can get some 2v2 going

Afro

wishlist:

· profile import from PC once this hits Xbone.
· focus/aperture settings in replay mode for taking pretty screens.
· fix camera bug that occurs w/ unlocked framerate (camera looks at ceiling).
· can't use custom resolutions w/ unlocked framerate. it reverts back to 60fps cap.
· vehicles: 80's g-body / 90's tuners / 90's f-body.

Pedersen

Yeah, was fun! Too bad I have to go to a party, or I would´ve been on the whole day.
I was SlakaPongen :) Will def play the whole day tomorrow with a nasty hangover!

Just had a lovely encounter with two fucks spewing unprovoked trash talk at me. I can handle that shit alright, call my mom a "hoe" all you want if that gets you off, but one of them went so far as to say, literally, "fuc k u niggr". I was raging but managed to hold my tongue the whole match through. They rage quit after they shot an own goal in OT, credited to me. But man, it's really sad to see this great game, this (mostly friendly) place of pure fun, get abused in such a way.

Volcynika

Just had a lovely encounter with two fucks spewing unprovoked trash talk at me. I can handle that shit alright, call my mom a "hoe" all you want if that gets you off, but one of them went so far as to say, literally, "fuc k u niggr". I was raging but managed to hold my tongue the whole match through. They rage quitted after they shot an own goal in OT, credited to me. But man, it's really sad to see this great game, this (mostly friendly) place of pure fun, get abused in such a way.

Only had one instance with someone being an ass, we lost fairly badly and before he quit (before the match ended of course), he said "fuck my team". Classy for someone who didn't do much!

IISANDERII

Anybody got the Ride or Die trophy? It says Equip both Dominus and Takumi with a new Decal and Paint Finish, then win a game

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Anybody got the Ride or Die trophy? It says Equip both Dominus and Takumi with a new Decal and Paint Finish, then win a game

I got it easily on the steam version. Maybe the PS4 throphy is bugged? And you have to win a game with both the Takumi and Dominus, not just change their decals and win 1 game.

AwShucks

So...I think Rocket League is killing my DualShock 4. I am missing forward flips a lot now and it seems that my controller doesn't realize I am pushing up on my stick half the time. I've started clicking it and pushing as hard as possible now. It seems to help but I should have to do THAT much for a flip.

AcridMeat

Banned
That looks seriously awesome.
I was in awe (drunk mind you) once I made it. I need to check the stream archive because there was some hilarious bullshit in our skype call.
Next cars should be jeep, convertible, and lowrider
I don't think they'll do a convertible unless they have the top up. They probably don't want to break the illusion that having blacked out windows gives. I think an old school super long body style cadillac with the top up would be dope.

I like the Jeep idea. I want a car with pop up lights. It's a shame they already used the Takumi name, would love a Trueno body style. I'd like to see 80's rx7 or maybe 90's rx7.

Any news when/if crossplatform private matches (or team building) will make its début? I need to play with my buddies who all have ps4s and I'm on PC.

I suck so bad :(

Me too. I feel like the only time I do well is when I'm playing against people that just installed the game and are coming to grips with the controls. Whenever I'm against anyone with any semblance of skill, I get roflstomped. When my team wins, it's because I'm carried. When we lose, I'm still the worst player on the scoreboard.

I'm pretty good at a lot of different types of games, but this one... I just can't master the controls or mechanics. Half the time when I go to hit the ball, I completely miss. When I do manage to hit it, it goes nowhere near the goal. When I have an obvious shot for a score, I just can't line up right to hit it in.

The game seems like it could be good fun and all, but I think I'm going to have to uninstall it lest I go fucking crazy trying to get good at it and getting nowhere :(

Any news when/if crossplatform private matches (or team building) will make its début? I need to play with my buddies who all have ps4s and I'm on PC.
Private matches are live. Just make a room and give them the password. Cross platform party play has no set date or promise of ever being in.

I tried it as well and didn't get it. Played two matches using one car and then the other. Used the new paint finishes and decals, and won both matches. No trophy. I'm on PS4. Not a big deal but I wonder if it's bugged.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What the fuck is wrong with people? Trash talking their own teammates even when shit is THEIR fault. Like, I just had a guy in 2v2 who failed to go for the ball at kick-off even though it was clearly his. Instead he backed right up into me. The other team got one of those high arcing balls that are almost impossible to save, so they scored. What do I get for that? "U stupid noob". Like, fuck. How were these people raised, showing such a profound lack of social skills and common courtesy? Their parents should be fucking ashamed of what they've created.

We ended up winning the match, but yeah.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Trash talking their own teammates even when shit is THEIR fault. Like, I just had a guy in 2v2 who failed to go for the ball at kick-off even though it was clearly his. Instead he backed right up into me. The other team got one of those high arcing balls that are almost impossible to save, so they scored. What do I get for that? "U stupid noob". Like, fuck. How were these people raised, showing such a profound lack of social skills and common courtesy? Their parents should be fucking ashamed of what they've created.

We ended up winning the match, but yeah.

I agree wholeheartedly but in those situations you have to declare defending every time. I never do it but you should.

kudoboi

is there actually any way to add people on steam from rocket league? I met some nice guys who I would like to play more rocket league together but I cant see to find a way to add them on steam from rocket league

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I agree wholeheartedly but in those situations you have to declare defending every time. I never do it but you should.

I really don't think you should have to in ranked games at the 700+ level. When both players start equally far from the ball, sure, but this was one of those where he was right in front of me. He should know that's his ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom