• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a lovely encounter with two fucks spewing unprovoked trash talk at me. I can handle that shit alright, call my mom a "hoe" all you want if that gets you off, but one of them went so far as to say, literally, "fuc k u niggr". I was raging but managed to hold my tongue the whole match through. They rage quit after they shot an own goal in OT, credited to me. But man, it's really sad to see this great game, this (mostly friendly) place of pure fun, get abused in such a way.

Haha, I always hate when they use the N word too. It's just a kid who is trying to be as hurtful as possible, but their ignorance really sucks.

I wish people who used the N word and F*ggot could be permanently banned from using chat. Just totally muted for the rest of their Rocket League career. Those people are always the worst and use those words solely to antagonize.

Use mute man. Ignorance is bliss lol

So what's the protocol with these GAF games. For Supersonic rank >1000 pr0s only, or can a mere hobbyist join in?

You need to prove yourself first. Basically, all the other players park their cars around the map to act as an audience, and you are given a series of trials. You have to succeed in order to be accepted, with all your peers watching you, and only then can you become a Stonecutter.

just got a ps4, anyway i can still get this for free?

No. Gotta pay the $20.00 now. But it's well worth the price!

Note that you can usually add PS+ games to your library if you use store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and checkout. If you dont have a PS4 yet but have PS+, it's usually a good idea to sort of claim all these games first.

hydruxo

just got a ps4, anyway i can still get this for free?

Only if you picked it up last month off the PSN store last month while it was still free. You'll have to just pay full price for it now otherwise.

I'd suggest going on the PSN store on your computer and "purchasing" the free PS Plus games each month even if it's something you don't think you'll play, just so that you have it your library if you ever decide you want to give it a shot sometime.

weekev

Banned
So to whoever at Psyonix is listening:

-Quick chat options for "Lol, Well Played!, Good Luck/Hello!, We Can Do It!" are totally needed.

-You guys should bring back solo queue as a lot of people seem to play solo and dislike playing against teams. BUT! You guys should make it a non-ranked mode in my opinion. This will get more people playing the playlist (most people are intimidated by ranked).

I feel like making 3v3 Ranked Teams Only (no randoms) would balance out Solo/Party too, but I dont know.
Or can we get custom quick chats to map to the same existing configuration?

We tested that once but the bigger arena doesn't help. The collisions between players around the goal and at corners was insane, and not in a fun way.

Now that my boss is here I can't tell company secrets. Party's over, boys. Everyone go home.

Y'all need to grief Dave more, Erich and I have paid our NeoGAF dues and rep Psyonix with our normal accounts.. this is OUR TURF

You guys are awesome. Glad to have you here. Thank you for letting me throw money at you for one of the best games I've ever played. Exited to see what the future brings.

Salsa

also stop puttin the gaf server in europe and stuff ya bums, im playin with 250+ ping

I think US east works best for most

edit: 1 slot open

Can't spectate if teams are full?

makes me wonder how many entities they can hold on a server. I know they don't want more than 4v4 because the game just gets too ridiculous at that point but what if they opened up those slots strictly for spectators? Or how hard would be to have something like CSGO where you can just spectate any match. Are those separate servers just for spectating?

My evil plan to get a NeoGAF account by creating a hit game has finally succeeded.
Welcome! A fellow junior, I see. They should bump you up! Congrats on the huge hit. Should have a nice long tail. Keep up the great updates and DLC!

It's basically the only game I've been playing for a month.
Same here. Every time I think I've had my fill they come out with something new to add to the game. Reminds of the great support Evolution has given Driveclub.

whoszed

You need to prove yourself first. Basically, all the other players park their cars around the map to act as an audience, and you are given a series of trials. You have to succeed in order to be accepted, with all your peers watching you, and only then can you become a Stonecutter.

Well phew, I was expecting something much much worse

You guys are awesome. Glad to have you here. Thank you for letting me throw money at you for one of the best games I've ever played. Exited to see what the future brings.

I think future non-standard maps would be best in the 4v4 playlist. I dont know if they plan to have a separate playlist, but it seems maps that are different shapes would be best in the existing 4v4 playlist. That mode is pure chaos, but it could be fun to play maps that are less designed for competition, since 4v4 is already more for silliness.

I think future non-standard maps would be best in the 4v4 playlist. I dont know if they plan to have a separate playlist, but it seems maps that are different shapes would be best in the existing 4v4 playlist. That mode is pure chaos, but it could be fun to play maps that are less designed for competition, since 4v4 is already more for silliness.

I read they wanted to make casual and ranked more unique. Something like the fun non standard maps being in casual matchmaking where ranked would keep the competitive standard maps. I really like the idea.

IMACOMPUTA

Is it just me or have there been speed tweaks and stuff with this latest update? I'm SUCKING BAD all of the sudden.
Not to mention I've been getting the worst teammates of all time. Everyone just copies everything I'm doing.. wtf

Or we're assaulting the goal, i bank it off the corner setting up a center shot and the teammate is back in our goal defending even though we're down 4-1....

I can't stand it.

DrkSage

Mfg... Just had an asshole trough the entire match saying "Take the shot!" At the each start when he was the only one in the side positions just so he could take the god damn full boost behind him.

Gah!

Salsa

YO

we are playing on THIS server:

name: rocketgaf

pass: rocketgaf

steamgaf was placed in europe and ping was shitty for half

not sure how to pass the info to those on steamgaf still

edit: 1 spot

Stike

What a series of epic 3 vs 3 matches I just had.

0-1
I totally screwed up a block, ended up scoring an own goal
Some guy in the chat: "what was that"
I heard everyone shout SHAME in my head.
1-1
2-1
Quickly scored two fast goals, and that was the final result.
Same guy: Stike ur a legend

lol!

After a series of great matches that guy later added me on PSN ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom