• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a spectator mode now. private matches only. its awesome actually

edit wait wtf is spectator team
Most games have the two standard teams, and if you're not on one of those teams actually playing, you're on a spectator team. That means in a 4v4, you've got 4 players on each team, and then you've still got slots left on the spectator team.

The way Rocket League does it is the spectators count toward the match maximum, unless I'm mistaken, meaning that because rocketgaf is full, I can't even spectate. Spectator teams usually ensure you can join a full match as soon as a spot becomes available, rather than sitting around at the main menu like I am, not knowing when and if a slot has opened up.

I'll be leaving at around midnight eastern time, so you should be able to get in then :)
Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Tunavi

Banned
Most games have the two standard teams, and if you're not on one of those teams actually playing, you're on a spectator team. That means in a 4v4, you've got 4 players on each team, and then you've still got slots left on the spectator team.

The way Rocket League does it is the spectators count toward the match maximum, unless I'm mistaken, meaning that because rocketgaf is full, I can't even spectate. Spectator teams usually ensure you can join a full match as soon as a spot becomes available, rather than sitting around at the main menu like I am, not knowing when and if a slot has opened up.
ohhh. that sucks

Salsa

eh we just need to mix up the teams

I mean in playin 4v4 for fun it gets silly when one of the teams is 4 veterans and the other has semi-pros and such

getting plummeted by set ups

edit: there's one open slot btw

Don't play 4v4 guys

4v4 is fun with gaf. We could do multiple 3v3s but without any kind of system that is easy to tell what the status of multiple private rooms are it seems like it would be a hassle. Especially since there is rarely more than 8 people wanting to play.

3qNzIln.jpg

Went up against the Devs. It did not go well

Salsa

I vote we start doin 3v3 tbh

I mean too late now but maybe rocketgaf should start being that way and we rotate or something

4v4 is fucking madness. we just went back to 3v3 for a bit and its night and day for teamwork and all

DrkSage

I vote we start doin 3v3 tbh

I mean too late now but maybe rocketgaf should start being that way and we rotate or something

4v4 is fucking madness. we just went back to 3v3 for a bit and its night and day for teamwork and all

I set the to 4v4 since that was the setting for the last one, but I was seriously thinking of putting it 3v3

Also almost won that last match :p

Great games, fellow gaffers. Salsa/Afro combo very tough to beat. Aerial and ground game killing it. I might be veteran but I learned a lot from everyone. Especially the urgency to get to balls posthaste! Prefer 3v3 though. Maybe next time we should open another room. Til next time!

Salsa

yeah Afro really gets peeps reconsiderin cause he's the only one that goes for the dribble. throws me off when playing against him

great games

Salsa

it's just hard to stay competitive in 4v4

add the lag and im just basically holding back waiting for open balls cause everythin else is bumptown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom