• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Using Discord to replace Skype and Curse with my friends recently. Permanent servers, sub rooms, clean, fast, free. Easy to use and accessible from PC/Mac/IoS/Android/Browsers. Made a thread about it and people said it's what Splatoon OT people have been using to communicate. Made me think it wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe make a server for it alongside our private rooms so PC and PS4 players can chat if they would like?

I went ahead and made it. The channels are General, Blue team, Orange team and AFK. Figured for casuals we can all use general and if it's a tournament or something we can use the team channels.

When you download the app and make an account you click on a link to join the chat server. If anyone is interested let me know.

Quoting myself in case anyone is interested in using this for RocketGaf chatting.

also

$500 Major League Gaming Rocket League Tournament

Anyone watching?

suplex

Finally got a chance to play this last night. It's a lot of fun, but I'm not very good so far. I've had a couple a nice goals, but mostly I don't do too well. I think I need to be more patient, and learn to utilize the ball cam better. The game is amazing when things go right though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Had some time before work this morning so I grinded out a quick season for that achievement. Back to 100%, and it put me over the level 40 threshold. WE EXPERT NOW

I think I have to take a break from this game. :p
I've just been playing ranked for ages, and today I just thought I'd try out the standard playlists as the drop-in drop-out was appealing.

It's absolute chaos.

Everyone runs around like puppies chasing a ball. The amount of times teammates ram me out of the way when I'm setting up for a shot or defending the goal etc. was just ludicrous.
When this one guy did it to me at least 5 times and then made a big mistake to cost us the game in overtime I just blew up and sort of shouted at him(no swearing or anything like that) whilst holding R1 to chat. One of the other guys typed a message saying I should chill which was 100% correct.

Knowing me I'll be back into it tonight though. :)

Allforce

Wow intense GAF games. I jumped in to an OT thriller that we lost and then we had another right after where I scored the game-winner after an awesome pass. I got so excited I just spamme "NICE SHOT NICE SHOT NICE SHOT" over and over despite me being the one who hit it lol. I meant to spam "GREAT PASS GREAT PASS GREAT PASS"

Wow intense GAF games. I jumped in to an OT thriller that we lost and then we had another right after where I scored the game-winner after an awesome pass. I got so excited I just spamme "NICE SHOT NICE SHOT NICE SHOT" over and over despite me being the one who hit it lol. I meant to spam "GREAT PASS GREAT PASS GREAT PASS"

Haha no worries, like I said in the party sometimes I hit the wrong quick chat and look like an asshole.

KanameYuuki

That was my first time playing with Gaffers it was really fun, Kai too OP plz nerf, And I think I won like 3 games in total haha, sorry team T~T

That was my first time playing with Gaffers it was really fun, Kai too OP plz nerf, And I think I won like 3 games in total haha, sorry team T~T

It's all for fun. The fact is it doesn't matter to me if I win, with GAF what I'm looking for is to play with a higher skill level than random. And that always turns out to be the case.

What was your PSN name? Mine is BioSpock,

It was in my last game where I got my first savior. Made a video of it.

https://youtu.be/TzfQur4iZPQ

Slicerwind
That was fucking incredible. Legit almost think it was scripted the way the last game went.
I think Psyonix can make the spectator mode a little more friendly to use and also somehow make it so that things don't obstruct the viewer like the player dial.

[–]Psyonix_CoreyPsyonix 21 points 14 minutes ago
we will!

Hype.

Alright I love the game and everything. It's amazing.

But damn what is with teammates going full force towards the ball lately? I'll be sitting still waiting for the ball to center and take the shot when some jackass comes in with boosters slamming into me trying to get the ball, or both of them will and make it a cluster fuck.

Or I'm going for the ball and a teammate slams into my ass. I mean I get running into each other normally... but damn today I hit my breaking point

Bollocks

aaaaaaand platinum, normally don't care too much about them but this game is just addictive.

also the devs should acknowledge the turtle goal ;)

Just watched a stream on the PS4 3v3 and it was the first time I said yeah this game needs to be on TV. The communication with the teams and strategy was great and they defended Kronovi very well and oh It was PS4 vs PC.

I finally got around to playing this for the first time, and it's pretty awesome. It's what those pack-in car soccer multiplayer modes of yesteryear wanted to be.

I come with a sports game mentality and lots of hours spent with the genre, though, so I keep wanting my teammates to pass. My timing sucks, too, but I got a bit better as I played.

It's tough, but it's fun.

Made a new highlight video. Don't be too harsh. Haha.

https://youtu.be/Kh6EhVaFI2A

I haven't played in like a week. But thats because my nephew returned from a vacation abroad and is living with us... and like his Wii takes SOO MUCH UPLOAD bandwidth.

The lag is too much for me...

Anyone know how i can limit bandwidth on Wifi on an ASUS AC66?

HOly crap that Gibbs to SadJunior Blind shot was amazing

You can find the MAC address of the Wii and probably cap it's bandwidth that way.

Sjefen

An observation, no salt intended:
Rookies(child): still Learning to hit the ball
Semi-pros(teenager): learned to hit the ball, very eager to show off and score goales. One man show.
Pros(Adult 20-40): often has a role on the playingfield and use their knowdledge to their advantage
Veterans(Adult 40-50): mid life crises, want to show off and dominate
???????
???????
???????

Playing with semi pros and you know you will never have the ball alone. 5 players trying to hit the ball no matter what the consequence. Strategy to hell with it, hitting the ball no matter what....

Semi-pros(teenager): learned to hit the ball, very eager to show off and score goales. One man show.
Pros(Adult 20-40): often has a role on the playingfield and use their knowdledge to their advantage
???????
???????
???????

Playing with semi pros and you know you will never have the ball alone. 5 players trying to hit the ball no matter what the consequence. Strategy to hell with it, hitting the ball no matter what....

That's a very good observation. I try to focus on centering the ball in front of the enemy goal. I do this all the time only to find that neither of my teammates are there to hit it in. Where are they? Also going after the ball just like me :p

Unless you're playing with people you know, it's almost impossible to communicate what you're doing and what you want your teammates to do. Just sayin "centering" via the quick chat isn't enough (I hardly ever even notice those messages). So yeah, playing with randoms will pretty much always boil down to a bunch of people trying to hit the ball and SOMETIMES someone will be in a good enough position to smack it in.

Also, I've lost count of how many times I've seen someone say "defending" during the face-off, only to find them nowhere near the goal about 10 seconds later, giving the other team a clear shot on the goal. Having a good goalie makes all the difference in the world.

That's just crazy. I wonder how many games these guys have played.

They've probably played more games of Battlecars than they have Rocket League

akileese

???????
???????
???????

This is a really good observation. You can get some good matches at the semi-pro level but generally, if you're not in a premade group, your teammates will cause you more harm than good at that level. The best teams I have are when I'm mixed with pros and veterans. This is when they have defined roles and know how to play them.

You'll still always get games where people refuse to defend. I've found that my general frustration with teammates has gotten a lot lower since I started getting matched with people in pro and veteran.

KanameYuuki

It's all for fun. The fact is it doesn't matter to me if I win, with GAF what I'm looking for is to play with a higher skill level than random. And that always turns out to be the case.

What was your PSN name? Mine is BioSpock,

It was in my last game where I got my first savior. Made a video of it.

https://youtu.be/TzfQur4iZPQ

I was Josh-Shiki, I remember that match, all of those were my shots I got so denied haha.

TheFatMan

???????
???????
???????

After Veteran ranking is
Expert
. I've only seen one in all my time playing (almost 500 games). He wasn't that good ;)

Haunted

Now that Rocket League has become somewhat of an indie darling, I want to see cameos in other indie games.

I'm talking cars platforming in Team Indie and running in Bit.Trip, Speedrunners and Runbow. Let's do this.

Sjefen

This is a really good observation. You can get some good matches at the semi-pro level but generally, if you're not in a premade group, your teammates will cause you more harm than good at that level. The best teams I have are when I'm mixed with pros and veterans. This is when they have defined roles and know how to play them.

You'll still always get games where people refuse to defend. I've found that my general frustration with teammates has gotten a lot lower since I started getting matched with people in pro and veteran.

I played 3x3 randoms 99% of the time and think I only saw 1 veteran before. I am also a veteran lvl 32, where are these matches with only pros/vets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom