• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pysonix really just needs to remove the chat feature. Leave in the quick-chat stuff, but take out people's ability to type messages.

Honestly, I have seen someone use text to say something nice about 3 times, and I've seen hundreds of people calling people names or attacking there own team mates.

It isn't needed, and all it does is cause the community to become toxic towards each other. And it's getting worse lately.

absolutely correct. it needs to go.

Dr Prob

Banned
If we had meant to do this, it would have been pretty rad:

3f4axIz.gif

Know how when PSN or XBL goes down and there's a thread about it, there's always one person in there who's still connected somehow and is all "working fine for me! maybe you all should check your routers" or whatever?

I'm that guy with text chat in this game. Apart from a couple instances with little kids/trolls/shitheads it's been a really good experience, but that doesn't mean a thing. Just hope that if they do ever decide to shut it down we some better options on the quick chat side.

Absolutely no changes, it's placebo.

I agree, though some of us have noticed that many matches seem a little slower than usual. Is that the servers mitigating potential lag by slowing the game down a bit? I've had some matches which are the usual blazing fast, while others are slower. Thankfully I've seen far less laggy rubberbanding games compared to last week (I play in the late evenings on mostly US East servers).

shmoglish

If we had meant to do this, it would have been pretty rad:

3f4axIz.gif

Know how when PSN or XBL goes down and there's a thread about it, there's always one person in there who's still connected somehow and is all "working fine for me! maybe you all should check your routers" or whatever?

I'm that guy with text chat in this game. Apart from a couple instances with little kids/trolls/shitheads it's been a really good experience, but that doesn't mean a thing. Just hope that if they do ever decide to shut it down we some better options on the quick chat side.
Someone said me and may random Team only wins because we rape each other and man, he was right. Let there be Text Chat!

I haven't addressed it yet, but the people here saying the devs should take out features of the game (like aerial hits? Wtf) are crazy. The game is perfect as it is. Are there things that could maybe be added in different modes? Sure.

bender

What time is it?
How assists are awarded seems so random. I also wish they'd restrict the secondary paint colors for cars to help avoid confusion.

Babalu.

this game is so fun.

I've been getting a lot of "cant find a person for match" and get sent back to the main menu...

its like...there were already 5 people here, we could have waited 30 sec for another. but nope, kicked to the main menu,

Text chat is fine, if you value your account you shouldn't risk saying something offensive to the point where someone will report you. If you value any of your trophy progress and current friendlist, you aren't going to take that risk. I wouldn't.

Not sure how it works on steam since I don't really multiplayer game on PC anymore, but anyone on PSN should know. Plus PSN isn't free anymore. You probably won't only lose your account but you'll also probably lose everything you earned with it and everything else PS+ has to offer. It's not worth it.

DJ88

Color me shocked. Game feels different to me. But if he says it ain't I'll believe it.

It's not the game that's changed, it's the overall skill of the community of players around you. People are just going to naturally get better the longer this game is out.

Memnoch

Pysonix really just needs to remove the chat feature. Leave in the quick-chat stuff, but take out people's ability to type messages.

Honestly, I have seen someone use text to say something nice about 3 times, and I've seen hundreds of people calling people names or attacking there own team mates.

It isn't needed, and all it does is cause the community to become toxic towards each other. And it's getting worse lately.
I completely agree 👍.

It's to whatever players that don't know the meaning of the acronym GG.

Do you know what AFK means? Every time I ask someone they never reply.

Lol, it means "away from keyboard"

Just wow. Am I old now?

I know right?

By the way, what does PSN stand for? I keep seeing it in this thread.

Guys, afk has been around for like 15 years (or whenever Ultima Online came out). lol
It is astonishing how many people didn't get that joke.

I think the mute feature works fine, though Id actually like for others to know they are muted. That way they dont bother sending the message when playing and just play.

bounchfx

I think it's worth it to learn how to hit the ball with Ball Cam on, so I might consider practicing that in the future...

wait, people play with ball cam off??

I need to learn how to judge the distance of the ball to my car a lot better. There's so many times where it's taking up the whole screen, then I go to do a flip, and it's still too far away. Shit is tough for me to judge but I'm still getting a bit better. It's such a fun game I just gotta suck less.

Clydefrog

Ball cam stays on unless I'm far away and need to pick up boost or I'm going after a player to blow them up.

I also have trouble gauging distance from the ball. If I'm playing goalie, I like to be like Neuer and be a sweeper keeper. The trouble is, if I miss the ball, it's an open goal for the other team and I look like a fool.

BigDug13

I don't like that the vote to forfeit feature disappears when someone bails. It penalizes the remaining players who are forced to play the rest of the game handicapped.

KJ869

Playing whitout ballcam is not that difficult if you get used to the arrow that points where the ball is and change youre camera distance far enought.

wait, people play with ball cam off??

I need to learn how to judge the distance of the ball to my car a lot better. There's so many times where it's taking up the whole screen, then I go to do a flip, and it's still too far away. Shit is tough for me to judge but I'm still getting a bit better. It's such a fun game I just gotta suck less.

I'm saying when I go to hit the ball. I have it on most of the time.

Unicorn

havent played rocket league in 3 days now

giphy.gif

after 100 hours of playing it exclusively i've been trying to finish The Witcher 3 and get up to date with Life is Strange before Phantom Pain hits

def playing tomorrow tho, enough
I haven't either. This week has been kicking my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom