• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedersen

created a gaf room if anyone wants to play a bit this fine evening, and not letting ameriGAF have all the fun!

rocketgaf
rocketgaf

Edit: Okay, that didn`t work:p Post here if you want to play i guess

atr0cious

Ok, added myself to the list. Just grabbed this on steam, and I can't stop playing it. My steam id is in my profile as well.

3v3 is my favorite mode so far as I feel the whole team matters, because with 4v4 everyone is just ramming each other like kindergartners playing soccer. I'm still a rookie, but why do my own teammates take me off the ball when I'm dribbling it with clear space?

Ok, added myself to the list. Just grabbed this on steam, and I can't stop playing it. My steam id is in my profile as well.

3v3 is my favorite mode so far as I feel the whole team matters, because with 4v4 everyone is just ramming each other like kindergartners playing soccer. I'm still a rookie, but why do my own teammates take me off the ball when I'm dribbling it with clear space?

I'd like to say because they're rookies too, so they probably have the "hit the ball at any cost" mentality, but that'd be a lie because people still do that hundreds of hours in. Playing with randoms nobody really trusts each other so they want to be the ones taking over.

This opponent made the blocks of the night last night. Right place right time but great job being there.I wasn't even mad [because we still won].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SoW3tPLT4

Been having a lot of weird input lag issues on the PS4 as of late. Not sure if it's due to radio interference (live in a condo complex), lag, or potentially something wrong with my controller. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thinking of grabbing this on PC, might not have the same issues there, plus I could run it at 120hz. So tempting.....

v1lla21

Been having a lot of weird input lag issues on the PS4 as of late. Not sure if it's due to radio interference (live in a condo complex), lag, or potentially something wrong with my controller. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thinking of grabbing this on PC, might not have the same issues there, plus I could run it at 120hz. So tempting.....
I still haven't run into the input lag problem. Have you tried switching it to servers near you? I only left US West and East checked because I get horrible lag playing anywhere else.

I still haven't run into the input lag problem. Have you tried switching it to servers near you? I only left US West and East checked because I get horrible lag playing anywhere else.

Yeah, I only ever have those two regions selected. Happens sporadically even when my ping is relatively low (<80).

Grinchy

Banned

I'm sure Flunkie has a lot to say about this lol

AcridMeat

Banned
I switched from the Dominus to one of the original cars and it felt weirdly sluggish, couldn't tell if it was latency from the server or not.

J. Bravo

I switched from the Dominus to one of the original cars and it felt weirdly sluggish, couldn't tell if it was latency from the server or not.
I went from using dominus for every game since the dlc was released to using paladin on pc and haven't noticed any difference. Actually play better with paladin but that's probably just overall skill level increasing.

The Dominus has a tighter turning radius than most of the other cars except the Breakout. Could be that. I get this when I switch to other cars from the Breakout.

Lazulic

76561198053711217.png

dont play solo lol

valeo

I kinda like Solo - basically just because if you make a mistake it's normally an instant goal; so the stakes are a little higher when you go flying for that aerial.

Have been playing 2v2 a lot lately, though - I get really annoyed when my teammate just sits as a goalie the entire game. That's doable in 3v3, but in 2v2 it puts you at a severe disadvantage.

J. Bravo

i played a couple games tonight trying to practice kuxir's kickoff approach and lost like 10 to 15 - 5 every time lmao. takes a bit of getting used to

basically just farms saves. when u get the save it's pretty much an instant goal because they're still rushing towards you. but he's the only one i've seen do it consistently. and yes i know he fucks around on stream haha.

Oh yeah that's how I start off all of my 1v1s anyway. I never rush toward the ball at the beginning of a match.

What the hell am I crazy to be flipping out about that stage? I asked on the reddit post of that video and I just got downvoted... lol. I know it's an existing one but I've never seen that color scheme before.

What the hell am I crazy to be flipping out about that stage? I asked on the reddit post of that video and I just got downvoted... lol. I know it's an existing one but I've never seen that color scheme before.

I really think it's exactly the same (the background at least). At least from my memory and the MLG match I just watched. It looks darker but not in a variant kind of way, like somebody's monitor settings being weird kind of way or a glitch. You're referring to the grass, correct?

FerranMG

Do you guys usually play with Ball Camera on or off?
It was very frustrating for me to play with Ball Camera on at the beginning, because it messed up with my perspective of the field and I was missing the ball constantly.
Once I turned off Ball Camera, I became much better at the game.
After a while, though, I started realizing that performing aerials is close to impossible with Ball Camera turned off, because you don't get to see where the ball is until it's too late to perform the aerial.

So, do you use Ball Cam?
If not, how do you do aerials?

Do you guys usually play with Ball Camera on or off?
It was very frustrating for me to play with Ball Camera on at the beginning, because it messed up with my perspective of the field and I was missing the ball constantly.
Once I turned off Ball Camera, I became much better at the game.
After a while, though, I started realizing that performing aerials is close to impossible with Ball Camera turned off, because you don't get to see where the ball is until it's too late to perform the aerial.

So, do you use Ball Cam?
If not, how do you do aerials?

Ball cam 99% of the time. Turn off for certain situations like demolitions and wall hits.

Pedersen

Servers are up again even if no one here acknowledged it was down:p

SO, anyone want to play this fine friday? I got several cold beers prepared for the night! Maybe make a room?? Anyone???:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom